Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Why members give their handle to agencies or SP's?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    4,736

    Why members give their handle to agencies or SP's?

    Why would anyone give their handle to an agency or SP or even let them know you are on a board? Do you think you will be treated better? I think it just cheapens the experience, it would be like telling a restaurant that you are a food critic and get a special meal. Reading some recent posts a few agency owners and SP's know many peoples handles. Not a good thing in my mind. It is not like you will win a prize or anything and some of the things I have read recently I would not want people to know if I were him.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    anywhere and everywhere
    Posts
    1,257
    I see your point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    Why would anyone give their handle to an agency or SP or even let them know you are on a board?
    it is also a case by case situation. Every situations is different.

    If the SP recognized you because how the meeting went, well there is no point in denying it, I only feel flattered that she remembered me, and she feels flattered that I took the time to put the details in our encounter.

    If it is a board advertiser, it makes things easier for the encounter too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    Do you think you will be treated better?
    It has its pros and cons. Not necessarily.

    The key is mutual respect in whichever situation that happens, giving your handle or not…

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    I think it just cheapens the experience
    That's your opinion. I respect it. I agree partly with it but not entirely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    it would be like telling a restaurant that you are a food critic and get a special meal.
    True.. but have you seen the movie Mystic Pizza? You might have a different take on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    Reading some recent posts a few agency owners and SP's know many peoples handles. Not a good thing in my mind. It is not like you will win a prize or anything and some of the things I have read recently I would not want people to know if I were him.
    I understand your perception totally. Anyways, it's up to the hobbyist. Hobbyists and sps have different takes about boards and such, so many scenarios can go right or wrong.

  3. #3
    I don't think anyone needs to know who you are or what your handle is.It won't get you any special treatment or discounts.Be a respectful true gentleman and you will be rewarded.Some people want to use it to there advantage but sometimes it can become a disadvantage.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    anywhere and everywhere
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by THEHITMAN View Post
    I don't think anyone needs to know who you are or what your handle is.It won't get you any special treatment or discounts.Be a respectful true gentleman and you will be rewarded.Some people want to use it to there advantage but sometimes it can become a disadvantage.

    Amen to that!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    Why would anyone give their handle to an agency or SP or even let them know you are on a board?
    Hello STN,

    Isn't a big part of what you are asking is about using the handle for favors, discounts, freebies, and the use of reviews for those? It's an understandable concern. Still, mentioning handles isn't just about that. It can be about having a connection with a lady and getting her to see you when she otherwise would not have chosen to work to see an anonymous client. Now sometimes it might be agency schmoozing to make a client feel good, but I have been able to see some ladies on days off and Sundays because of our connection. Independents especially seem to be responsive when they know who they are seeing.

    Still, I rarely mentioned my handle before seeing a lady the first time. When I did have a particularly good time with a lady I would tell the agency my handle after the encounter so that I could be more likely to see her again. Agency owners are sometimes annoyed that I did not tell them my handle before meeting the lady. So instead of my handle I have used a couple of fake names not used on any board. It's a matter of keeping a good relation with the agency and/or lady, and looking forward to future opportunities.

    As for the cheating issue, I have never gotten a freebie, or more than a publicly advertised second hour discount. There was the time when the owner of the old Platinum agency accepted a previously confirmed lower rate with a previous agency for a lady (Chrystelle) just at the time she switched to Platinum. I was contacted by an intermediary member about the offer after I had considered the previously arranged meeting closed because of her move. That was all well publicized on this board before we met...and before the review.

    I have not chimed in to the alleged situation with SAM because, as the first poster of that thread says, and other members admit, it's hearsay and conjecture. Too bad the supposed lady who first provided the info has not posted and doesn't seem to have provided the mods with proof.

    I'm sure cheating by using handles/reviews is fairly frequent. In a hobby that requires an extreme amount of money that is no surprise. Some are just cheap, and some are addicted enough to put themselves into deep debt, and some are just double-dealers at heart. So it happens. I cut my meetings when I could not afford so many. Others are too sexually impulsive for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by THEHITMAN View Post
    I don't think anyone needs to know who you are or what your handle is.
    As I said, some way to identify yourself may motivate a lady to work when you have the opportunity to see her. I rarely mention the handle in favor of a fake name.

    good luck,

    Merlot

  6. #6
    Come on! The person that founded The Erotic Review did so because he had so many bad experiences. I am sure that the review section came into being for the same reason. There are several advantages for seeing a lady that has a web site. You have recourse for bad service by reviewing that lady online. Ladies that you pick up on the street or in a take out bar do not offer the same advantage. There is little recourse for these ladies and you are spinning the wheel.

    I used to give John of Eleganza my handle because I was a club member and that gave you a 20$/hour discount. But more importantly I wanted him to know that I was a repeat customer and a valuable client. I wanted him to make sure that I had a good time. We had a deal. He would send me lovely ladies that would fuck my brains out and I would give him 180-200$. It was a marriage made in heaven and John did not disappoint.

    The Montreal experience is precious to me. I do not get here often enough and when I do I want to have a good time. I want that agency owner to know that I read and write reviews and if I am not happy the board is going to hear about it. If I am happy the board is also going to hear about it as well.

    My typical tact is to tell the agency owner up front that I am a MERB member. I will tell them that "I am not going to tell you my handle but I am a member."
    Last trip I PM'd agencies prior to my trip in an attempt to prebook girls. When you use this tact, how can you disguise your handle?

    Someone in this thread said that hobbyists will reveal their handles because of ego and what I would call an inflated sense of self importance. This may be true in some cases. However, I remember I was having trouble posting a review on TER and I called Martin of Xxxtase to tell him I could not open Liz's profile in another window and therefore I could not review his lady on TER (this was a requirement at the time.) Martin told me something along the line that that's OK his girls will be booked solid whether I post the review or not. He was not overly concerned either way. I miss this guy as he was a class act.
    I do not believe that any agency owner would compensate me for a review. I would not ask for compensation - just a good time.

  7. #7
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,140
    In the past, the guys who gave out their handles and had problems were the ones who were either assholes or had an agenda of seeking discounts or special favors. Eventually, no matter what name or handle you are using, if you are an asshole, you are an asshole under any name, and if you are a favor seeker, you are a favor seeker under any name. So in the big picture it is irrelevant. The agency owners figure out who the problem clients and discount seekers and trouble makers are, no matter what they call themselves.

    For those who are not assholes and are not seeking discounts, the main issue in giving out your handle is a loss of anonymity and what that usually means is if you post a bad or critical review, the agency will know who you are. And with some bad reviews I read, a lot of the issues that are raised are issues that could be privately discussed with the agency and then worked out. Other bad reviews have agendas behind them, pursuant to which the poster sought special service and did not get it, making the resulting post arguably board terrorism. Of course, some bad reviews are legit honest bad reviews, and it is these posters who most need to fear some kind of retaliation.

    Many of the posts here assume agencies are completely ignorant of who they are dealing with if handles are not used in the booking process, and this is an absolutely false assumption. In the past there were bad apples who became known bad apples under one handle, switched handles and guess what, they were still bad apples under the next handle. People just are not that stupid. The girls know what guys look like, they know who has a birthmark on their cock and the agency owners, some of them anyway, have amazing voice recognition skills. I would go a full year between calls to Chris at Devilish and call him from a new number and he knew exactly who I was before I introduced myself. He has amazing voice recognition skills. Although my voice is distinctive, it is not THAT distinctive.

    There is also the issue of handle impersonation, and it has happened on more than one occasion that people have claimed to be a poster under a certain handle, that really isn't. This is the Internet and anyone can claim they are anyone. This tactic usually does not work for reasons noted above. But guess which people are the easiest targets of handle impersonation? The ones who are totally unknown. If you have been to the GTs etc. in the past, introductions were by handles and not names, so the people in the biz mostly know who the players are. I think Sol Tree Nutz will now be a target for the impersonators. A lot of wiseasses are out there reading his post.

    Finally, a lot of posters put too many details in their reviews enabling the girl and the agency to figure out who they are. This is again from assuming that they are dealing with ignoramuses who did not notice something that they did in fact notice.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 06-15-2013 at 02:19 PM.

  8. #8
    I would also like to add that in the USA, with the law enforcement screening that the indies and agencies do it is nearly impossible to see a girl without a handle. They ask for this as part of the screening process. No handle = no appointment = no pussy!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
    As I said, some way to identify yourself may motivate a lady to work when you have the opportunity to see her. I rarely mention the handle in favor of a fake name.
    Agree, I only use a fake name and the booker usually knows me by voice and says hi _____.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    Agree, I only use a fake name and the booker usually knows me by voice and says hi _____.
    1/ Damn you must be a better clients than I am, cause no agency owners ever recoignize me by my voice, sometimes by my phone number...

    2/ Nice to meet you _____. But how the hell do the agency owners manage to pronounce your name ???!!!
    Find what you love, and let it kill you...

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,949
    I never give my handle to any agency...
    But, when you do reviews, if you are not very very carefull, it is quite easy to find out...

    - I do give my handle to indy after great connection is established.
    - Some indy just ask me, when I see them after I made a review of them, Are you UB?... I cannot lie...
    - With indy, after a bad review, I don't care if they know me cause I don't want to see them anymore anyway...
    - The problem may arise, if indys (that know my handle) go for agency and I book them at the agency... Automatically Agency will know me...
    - I also don't wait long enough before I do review, so, with the details we mention, and/or if the SP did not have other client between me and the review, then I guess the link is easy for the girl or agency.

    I agree that if you are the first or among the first reviewers, it might help to get more mileage if the SP knows your handle... I never got or ask for freebies, but some SP invited me to stay long after the hour ends for a good chat. It is not true when you do review for a girl that already have pages of good review...
    I don't get more mileage ONLY because a SP knows my handle but also because when there is a great connection, I do care a lot about the girl and treat her with max respect. SP's are very grateful for that. For me, it is part of the pleasure to see a SP that enjoys to see me again.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    4,736
    My voice is very distinct and I do not use sol t nutz, something common like unclebob ( just kidding )
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

  13. #13
    Every agencies know that my handle is Manapart, and I get a pretty good service...
    Find what you love, and let it kill you...

  14. #14
    I agree... That's why I wait about 1 to 2 weeks before writing a review.

  15. #15
    I'm not a very active hobbyist and mostly deal with indies and review my bad experiences (to save others the trouble). So I don't see what benefit could arise for me from either giving my handle or real name. Let's not forget that this business is filled with shady and sometimes dangerous characters where a small misunderstanding can quickly get out of hand. I value my privacy and safety so the less they know. the better off I am.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •