Thread: Is anyone work in renovation?? Have a question regarding a Wainscott .. ??!%???

Question Is anyone work in renovation?? Have a question regarding a Wainscott .. ??!%???

Bonjour a tous, je me demandais si quelqu'un ici serait assez qualifié dans ses aptitudes afin de m'expliquer le fonctionnement et la disposition d'un ''wainscott''... Merci

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone here would be qualified enough in his abilities to explain the procedure and the disposition of a ''Wainscott'' ... thank you

Hi

Buy the appropiate molding at a Hardware store. You will also need a level a tube of construction finishing nails adhesive and a stud finder. After deciding on the height you want mark with a pencil a horizontal line around the room. Use stud finder to locate all the studs. Start at one doorway measure along the wall the length to the nearest corner. Cut off the molding to length at a 45 deg bevel allow an extra 3 or 4 mm. Hold in place check for length trim to length if required. Put a bead of adhesive on the center back of the moulding push into place Nail at first stud with one finishing nail then at the other end stud checking for level after which finish nails at each stud. Repeat the process along each wall to you go all around and back to the doorway. Always cut first cut slightly long then adjust (the waste is minimal) and you do not have gaps to fill in). The finishing nails hold it in place until the construction adhesive sets. Good luck

Go to thisoldhouse.com and enter wainscoting in the Search box. One T.

Yes Good Luck Take your time. Lil bit of patience.

Wainscoting are boards pre-made for decoration .Not many people use this term which dates back to 1800 Home Depot ,Reno Depot BmR all have these panels ready to glue and nail with a finishing gun.Good luck

If you do decide to do it, my recommendation is to paint or finish the wood BEFORE you put it up. It will be a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutartful View Post
    Hi

Buy the appropiate molding at a Hardware store. You will also need a level a tube of construction finishing nails adhesive and a stud finder. After deciding on the height you want mark with a pencil a horizontal line around the room. Use stud finder to locate all the studs. Start at one doorway measure along the wall the length to the nearest corner. Cut off the molding to length at a 45 deg bevel allow an extra 3 or 4 mm. Hold in place check for length trim to length if required. Put a bead of adhesive on the center back of the moulding push into place Nail at first stud with one finishing nail then at the other end stud checking for level after which finish nails at each stud. Repeat the process along each wall to you go all around and back to the doorway. Always cut first cut slightly long then adjust (the waste is minimal) and you do not have gaps to fill in). The finishing nails hold it in place until the construction adhesive sets. Good luck
    You are so awesome well done there is the picture with the room finish if you want to see the result thats my ''other'' job

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtripr View Post
    Go to thisoldhouse.com and enter wainscoting in the Search box. One T.

Yes Good Luck Take your time. Lil bit of patience.
    Thanks dear, took about 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by 2tuff2quit View Post
    Wainscoting are boards pre-made for decoration .Not many people use this term which dates back to 1800 Home Depot ,Reno Depot BmR all have these panels ready to glue and nail with a finishing gun.Good luck

I've made it the old way thanks

wainscott

thats a damn fine job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jellydo View Post
    thats a damn fine job!!!
    thanks jellydo

Very nice job!!

Yes. Excellent job!!

Can you come help me?

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila McCole View Post
    Very nice!

Great Job, looks very professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtripr View Post
    Yes. Excellent job!!

Can you come help me?
    Sure anytime go on facebook and add me as ''Ravive moi'' its my company name in renovation

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutartful View Post
    Great Job, looks very professional.

thanks guys