Thread: Dustin Hoffman Breaks Down Crying Explaining Something That Every Woman Sadly Already

Dustin Hoffman Breaks Down Crying Explaining Something That Every Woman Sadly Already

Here's an interesting short video of Dustin explaining a sad reality we're all part of.

http://www.upworthy.com/dustin-hoffm...erienced-3?g=2

Interesting.

But you can take Dustin's "epiphany" statement and reverse the sexes and it would still be TRUE. It does NOT necessarily ONLY apply to women.

You can say something like that all day long, but people will still go to parties or other events and gravitate to the attractive women.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce de León View Post
    You can say something like that all day long, but people will still go to parties or other events and gravitate to the attractive women.
    agreed. and that's what hoffman is saying as well. we live in a superficial environment where things of substance are overlooked more often than not. while its indeed superficial, its also very natural. i think much of the difficulty is based on time. everything is so fast, available, and people are treated more like consumer products. for example, like on a site like this.

personally, i was moved by his poignancy and honestly. for a big time celebrity to acknowledge the fallacies associated with something common to both popular culture and everyday life, is enlightening. too many times, they are so into themselves and believe their own hype. in this case, he admits that he's fallen for that and has regrets.

i used to laugh at actors. what a joke. however, over time, i've gained alot of appreciation of the art, especially method actors who do try and feel and get into character. hoffman is a great actor. daniel day lewis is another that comes to mind.

People gravitate towards youth, beauty, wealth and power. Sometimes they will even gravitate towards notoriety, even things like the the Boston bomber that killed people. Sometimes you just do not know what goes on in peoples heads.