Thread: US Open Thread

US Open Thread

Let's start one here
    Last edited by Special K; 06-18-2005 at 01:18 AM.

I don't know what happened to it, but wow, what happened to Phil +7 (77) today +6 for the tournament. Too bad I would love to see "the smile/smirk" comming up 18 on Sunday (beats the Tiger fist pump any day). The projected cut is +7 if that holds at least he'll get to play on the weekend (so will Daly (+6) Ames (+6) Weir (+7), and with any luck Duval who is +8 after six so far - it would be nice to see get a little bit of his game back).

Just a random thought, but is it me or does anybody else out there think that those Nike lycra-esque t-shirts have no place on a golf course? Shirts with collars please gentlemen. (that was not meant to be a shot at Nike, I'm sure other companies make them too).

Spin
    (old school, self taught)

Veteran of Misadventures

David Duval

What happened to David Duval's game????????? Was this guy not #1 in the world a few years ago???

I think Duval had a couple of problems.

#1 = Back problems
    #2 = Apparently he suffers(ed?) from Vertigo

It's a shame..... Not much of a personality, but he's dropped pretty far down the totem pole.....

proud infidel

david duval

It's a shame because this guy was once the best player on tour. He had the nicest swing and was a master with his approaching iron shots to the green. I've heard that Duval had personal problems with his spouse and, on a physical level, he had problems with one of his wrists. Also, i think that he once suffered a freak burn injury around the house. Does anyone remember his wearing of shades while playing ?

fml
    fml

proud infidel
    Don't expect very low scores this weekend. Organizers have made the rough along the fairways ridiculously high in which the ball, to complicate matters even worse, has a tendency to settle very deep. Golfers have said that there's no possibilty of redeeming oneself and hitting the green on your next shot once you're in that rough. All you can go for is a shot using your pitching wedge which hopefully can carry the ball 100 yards back onto the fairway. And lastly, most of the greens are shaped like a camel's back which makes putting very difficult. The late Payne Stewert was the last to win there, finishing with a cumulative score of only minus one, if i'm not mistaken.

fml
    fml

I have a feeling that the winner of this tourney will come in at about -2 tops, maybe even E par cause the course is going to get harder on the weekend.

proud infidel
    I have a feeling that Tiger is sitting in the driver's seat this morning. He's easily within striking distance of the lead after 2 rounds. Look for Tiger to maybe win the tourney at -3 or - 2.
    fml

Veteran of Misadventures

Thumbs up Goose Pate!

The Goose is cooked! Jeez, Retief Goosen is the last guy I thought would do a Greg Norman/Jean Vandevelde foldo.

Michael Campbell really caught a break with Tiger not making any putts, but he did appear to make enough shots and didn't do anything crazy to lose it.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 06-19-2005 at 08:16 PM.

proud infidel
    Just came back from a day in the sun and what do i see: Goosen has collapsed! I think he's at + 8! I wonder who's in the lead. I'll go back and check.
    fml