Thread: ISO Quebec City tourist info.

ISO Quebec City tourist info.

Hi,

I heard Quebec city is a very beautiful place. I was wondering though where a lone traveller could exactly go though in terms of scenery like the river, mountians, etc. Or any other cool places not known by many. Thanks.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by hankypanky
    Hi,

I heard Quebec city is a very beautiful place. I was wondering though where a lone traveller could exactly go though in terms of scenery like the river, mountians, etc. Or any other cool places not known by many. Thanks.
    My suggestions if you want to visit Québec City and outlying areas:

1- Quartier latin= the "old city", that is, the part of it that's located inside the walls, downtown

2- Plaine d'Abraham= huge national park that stretches alongside the main dowtown core, somewhat overlooking it

3- Île D'Orleans= little island close to QC, maybe a 30 min drive from downtown. Nice scenery. A lot of artists live there.

4- Mont Saint- Anne and Beaupré: farther than Île d'Orléans, maybe 45 min drive. Popular ski resort. Nice national park in Beaupré, including falls.

5- Lac Beauport- ski and summer resort. Aquatic sports . 35 min drive from downtown.

Those are just a few suggestions, but there are a lot of different places worth seeing.

fml
    fml

Retired
    Yes, Quebec City is very nice. It is sorta like Boston. If you want to shop, it got lots of great shopping centres, such as Place Laurier / Place de la Cité / Place St.Foy, near the bridges in St.Foy, Galeries de la Capitale (with an Imax theatre and rides) by Autoroute de la Capitale at Autoroute Du Vallon or Place Fleur de lys, near the Colisee (Boulevard Wilfred-Hamel, off boulevard Pierre-Bertrand).

Also, Quebec is awesome for nightlife and latin joie de vivre. You should like to have a drink or two on the Grande-Allee or rue St-Jean.

As recommended, take a look to the tourist guides. There's so many things to do in Qc. Also, Val-Cartier got waterslides and stuff like that. St.Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier offers great opportunities for rafting.

I wonder some members who live in Quebec city could meet up with this guy and show him around (I am sure he would offer some drinks ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by orallover
    I wonder some members who live in Quebec city could meet up with this guy and show him around (I am sure he would offer some drinks ) ?

That sounds good..i will buy for anyone who offers this weekend (July 16)!