Thread: PM! Some basics...

PM! Some basics...

Hey guys, I frequently receive PM asking about more details about my experience, I have zero problem answering them...
    But please start the conversation, you don't know me, so at least say Hi and Thanks at the end!!

Here's an example that I received:

Options ?
    bbbj ? fs ? fees ?

Ooooh The humanity!

Veteran of Misadventures
    I agree that such PMs are rude and impertinent.

"hi, could you PLEASE tell me if ........... is a nice start and always end with a "MERCI" ....totally agree with you robert la and if i dont get "nice" i do not respond back.

It is very simple for members to ask most questions directly in the review thread. When it comes to massage reviews where we ask members to be discrete, if a member wishes to provide more detailed information by PM they should indicate such at the end of the review.

Our standard advice regarding such PMs is always to look at a poster's history before providing any information. MERB depends on everyone sharing their experiences on the board to benefit all members. It is not beneficial to the community to provide information by PM to those who do not contribute to the community themselves.

Yea. M8 has a great point.... if a guy pm'd me out of the blue who has 1 or 2 posts or who just joined, i dont respond.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Yea. M8 has a great point.... if a guy pm'd me out of the blue who has 1 or 2 posts or who just joined, i dont respond.
    For the most part, I agree with this. However, if a guy tells me that he's not a Montreal regular and, when asking for info, also offers to help me should I be visiting his home turf, I'm quite happy to help out.
    The mounties always get their man.

I am not as trusting as i was when i first came here..... to each their own they say

I always do my homework before I ask a question...on any board
    ( Girls, beer, restaurants, bike paths )

I say, " this is what my plan of action is, and here I what I was thinking.. "

I always ask for advice

Met some great people all over the world by just being polite, and well-prepared...

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

A guy was asking for a reference at 2214 this week saying he doesn't post much but reads us.....

Why would I tell Victoria to accept him. I couldn't believe it

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by P. Gabriel View Post
    A guy was asking for a reference at 2214 this week saying he doesn't post much but reads us.....

Why would I tell Victoria to accept him. I couldn't believe it
    In other words, he wanted something for nothing. What ever happened to the ole quid pro quo? Nobody honors the notion any more. It's almost like a return to neanderthal ethics. Someone grunts, and they want acknowledgement.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 08-12-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Original Dude
    personally i don't mind giving more details in PM, but i feel its awkward to write too much in the public review where everybody(including the lady) can see it... So if i get PMs, i will answer them. But i agree with the OP , a little HI and thanks ain't too much to ask.
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

I don't mind sharing via PM with members who I recognize as being regular contributors.
    I'm not crazy about sharing with members who only have a few posts or whose posting style makes me question their motives.
    There are other members who I've become "friends" with over time and I'll obviously share more with them.

Common sense folks.