Thread: Bad Week For Tom Cruise

Veteran of Misadventures

Unhappy Bad Week For Tom Cruise

First, Tom gets sprayed with water by a prankster. Here is the video:

http://www.tampabays10.com/video/pla...id=15047&bw=hi

Now, he gets into an argument with Matt Lauer over psychiatry:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Are these orchestrated publicity stunts by a professional actor? Note that "War of the Worlds" is scheduled to be opening soon in a theatre near you!

Obviously, Tom has engaged in various pubicity-building efforts to promote "War of the Worlds." Heck, some have argued that the fact that he was dating and then engaged to Katie Holmes was in itself a publicity stunt.

However, I don't think that the water spraying incident was a pre-orchestrated act. The guys who sprayed him were a group of actors on a comedy show in Britain that does pranks on celebrities. I haven't seen the show myself, but I am told that it's similar to being "punked" by Ashton Kutcher.

As for his faith in Scientology, there has always been a concern by many, including his fans, that he is too devoted to the faith. The rumor now is that he is trying to convert, if he hasn't already, Katie Holmes to Scientology as well. In fact, I heard that recently on a tour in France, the film studios had to pick up a two-day hotel tab of over $30,000. Most of the charges were for some 30 + hotel rooms for his Scientology entourage. Apparently, Katie is being surrounded by all these Scientology folks so that she doesn't say anything of which they don't approve.

As for his getting laid by Katie, supposedly, she is still a virgin. I don't know how valid her claim is, but if it's true, then I don't think Tom has reached home base yet.

Oh Please !!

Who cares !
    Dont worrry about the world coming to
    an end, it is already tomorrow in Australia.

proud infidel

Embarrassing...

to say the least, meaning that i feel quite embarrassed for Cruise ! I have just seen excerpts from the Lauer interview and Cruise looked angry and he appeared not to make any sense, as he was suggesting that none of the psychiatric drugs are of any help to anyone... In addition, he went on to accuse Lauer of not knowing what he was talking about because, unlike him, he didn't know the history of psychiatry... That's news to me! I've always thought Cruise was an actor, not a certified psychiatrist... The CNN report finished by humorously attributing Tom's odd behaviour to jet lag, as he has had to travel around the world recently in order to promote his new flick.

By the way, how tall is he? Katie looks much taller than him, as she much hunch over big time just to be able to kiss him on the lips. Hope his cock isn't...ah... nevermind.

fml
    fml

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver
    By the way, how tall is he? Katie looks much taller than him, as she much hunch over big time just to be able to kiss him on the lips. Hope his cock isn't...ah... nevermind.
    It'll be difficult to find Tom Cruise's true height. He looks about 5'6. Silvester Stallone isn't much taller. I'm not sure if it's Sly or Chuck Bronson, but one of them used to have a clause in their contracts where producers couldn't hire actors taller than they were, and usually would have to be shorter, in order to keep the 'mystique'.

Actor Alan Ladd, a shorty himself, once spent nearly an entire movie standing on a milk crate while filming the western epic, Shane. I hadn't realized Ladd was so short until i saw him in other movies (This Gun for Hire, The Carpetbaggers, etc).

As for your final comment regarding dick size, who knows....maybe he's got big feet.

Poor, poor Tom. Maybe "love" is messing up his mind?!

There is a big height difference with Katie. I would agree he can't be more than 5' 6".

I saw both Sylvestor and Arnold at a party years ago and Sylvestor is short. I also read about how his co-stars must be shorter.

I met and talked to Arnold at that party and thought that he was taller than he really is. He seemed about my height or an inch taller at most so say maybe 6' 0". Also, he didn't seem very big, muscle-wise but it's because he works out before the body shots so his muscles are bigger and more defined. BTW, Arnold shook my hand and was very friendly unlike many other stars.

Katie a virgin?? Ya right....... Maybe she meant "anal virgin".

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana
    Who cares !
    Gotta agree with Juliana. The amount of time spent by the news media on Tom & Katie, Brad & Jen, and Michael Jackson is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist
    Gotta agree with Juliana. The amount of time spent by the news media on Tom & Katie, Brad & Jen, and Michael Jackson is ridiculous.

Precisely, if nobody cares, the media would not spend that much time, energy, and money reporting on it. Apparently, there are a lot of people who are interested in celibrity gossip. If not, those tabloid magazines would be non-existent.

proud infidel

height

5'6''... that is indeed quite short, but that's about the height i had "guestimated" when i saw him in Europe beside Katie for the photo ops, although my guess was more around 5'8''.

I wonder how tall Danny Devito is? I would be surprised if he were above 5 feet. My guess is that he's around 4'10'' .

fml
    fml

How funny.

Ummmm,,,,,, Mr. DD is happy if you say anything above 4'.

Of course I am not his current agent.

Quote Originally Posted by curious
    He also gets laid by Katie Holmes. I wouldn't call that a bad week.
    I concur