View Poll Results: Does the name of an SP play a role in whether you book her or not?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love a girl with a sexy name..., I will never get a girl with the same name as my ex...

15 48.39%
  • No, I won't remember her name anyways...

16 51.61%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's In The SP Name

What's In The SP Name

Does the name of an SP play a role in your decision to book her?

Whether her name conjures up good feelings or bad feelings.
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

As long as her name isn`t Hilda, Zelda or Matilda I`m fine.

I'll add "Bob" to cloudsurf's list.

Definitely would steer clear from any sp named Bob...

I say yes, because it's nice if I like her name, but it's probably the least important detail. For example, if I have to choose between two identical twins named Winnifred and Natasha, then yes I'll make a choice based on the name.

What feels a bit odd is when you see someone that you saw previously under a different name.
    “Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love.”

Original Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Siocnarf View Post

What feels a bit odd is when you see someone that you saw previously under a different name.
    Yeah, or when you saw another SP with the same name before.

In any case personally the name play very little importance in my booking... if any at all. I mean... who cares about it, not like its her real name anyway(well in most case). Of course its fun when she has a sexier name or a name that match her look. Also like some originality in names, when you know there ain't 5 other currently working girls under the same name, but at the same time not going into something too weird.

But pretty much like everybody, an SP named Ginette or Gertrude... that would be weird.
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

As long as her name isn't Candida or Syphilis or ....

When I go to strip club it always amazed me to see girls with names like Manon, Nancy or Carole instead of the usual Vanessa, Pamela or Samantha. I also notice there is no Cléopatre working at Café Cléo, never heard of one.
    Same thing goes for Bar Chez Diane, Chez Rita, Mado, Le Carole or Bar Madona.
    @ Halloween Mike you forgot Gaëtane...

I do my due diligence before meeting someone, but I will admit the name is a small factor when it appeals to me, like Kim, Hailey, Victoria, Vanessa..etc. On the other spectrum, there are other names that turn me off completely to the possibility of meeting her, such as Gertrude, Barbara, Cadence...etc... what I call teacher names. I would never meet an SP that I thought had a teacher name. The names I am especially fond of are unisex or have nicknames that are unisex (e.g. Samantha, Sidney, Roberta, Kelly...)

Lily from Montreal
    Samantha and Roberta could be a guy names?

It's a whole new ballgame
    I think an SP named Zdeno would have a hard time making it in Montreal.
    The mounties always get their man.

As would one named Burkie, Rumples.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Does the fact that the name is completely fake and made up at all factor into the thinking here?

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxinabox View Post
    I know I personally had a very hard time picking my name.
    To me it's not just "some fake name".
    Interesting. It was also difficult for me to choose a name on MERB...I finally opted for my favorite Elton John song, madman across the water... it also fitted well with my professional interests (mental health).

That being said, a girl's name does not bother me... Now, is it me or 30-40% of the girls end up telling their real name even on a firs encounter ? It happens to me all the time...Must be because I'm irresistible

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Does the fact that the name is completely fake and made up at all factor into the thinking here?
    If anything, it would make the chosen name more influential since it gives a perspective on the character, experiences, attitudes and imagination of the creator.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo View Post
    If anything, it would make the chosen name more influential since it gives a perspective on the character, experiences, attitudes and imagination of the creator.
    I think you are making some assumptions about how names are created. First of all with agency girls the owner may have a say in it, and availability may have something to do with it. Is a Red Wings player free to choose Gordie Howe's number? I recall Eleganza once fired a girl and then hired her back with a different name, the thinking being that the "bad karma" of her work under the former name would be exorcised by the new name. She was then fired a second time after one night with the new name.

To my knowledge those names were not used on any other Eleganza girl since. They have seemingly been retired, although apparently not for the reasons one would think.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 09-01-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast