Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Freebies

  1. #1

    Freebies

    The comments on the Dangerous Curves controversy include reports that DC's proprio makes it up to jilted customers by giving them a free hour (or hours) with a girl (or girls) on his team. And a feature of the Montagne parties is the rafflles in which the lucky winner gets free time with an SP.

    I assume that in either case the agency involved pays the girl whatever she would have made if the customer were parting with cash. But I don't really know if that's true. Does anybody else?

  2. #2
    proud infidel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    from the civilized world
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Paul
    I assume that in either case the agency involved pays the girl whatever she would have made if the customer were parting with cash.
    What do you mean?

    Do you mean, for example, that if the customer takes, say, 2 hours of which one is totally free, the agency won't take its normal cut, choosing instead to give almost all of the money to the sp, more or less amounting to what she would normally have made for 2 freebie-less hours of work?

    fml
    fml

  3. #3

    Why is this a foreign concept?

    A business interested in keeping its clients happy can do whatever it feels appropriate to make up for inconveniencing a client. Its their choice to do so, or not. Accepting such an offering bears no shame. If it bothers you, don't accept it. Its a non-issue.

  4. #4
    proud infidel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    from the civilized world
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEWILL
    It is wrong to have a freebie or a discount for a possitive review.
    There are NO members opposing a free hour because the agency fucked up...they oppose a freebie in return for possitive reviews!
    Where's the proof? There's a lot of bias on the board, however i've never seen any proof of a "fraudulent" positive review in exhange of a freebie.The only fraudulant reviews i've seen so far have been from shills. But aside from that, you can't do much against potential bias, like in the case of people liking to deal with a particular agency because of trust, or people liking a certain agency because of its owner, or people favorably inclined towards an agency due to an abundance of positive reviews it has already received, etc... That kind of bias- most of it is unconscious- is rampant, but it isn't necessarily wrong.

    fml
    fml

  5. #5
    I am me, too!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    If only I knew...
    Posts
    2,214
    Car companies give freebees to car reviewers. Of course, they expect a positive review but they also accept the fact it might not be as positive as they want or even plain negative. The reviewer's objectivity is what count in these matter, not how much was paid. Some will give stellar reviews for a simple discount, some will review it as it really was even if it was free.
    Same apply to escorts. All goes down to the reviewer's integrity, objectivity, reputation and ethical sense. If somebody consistantly give good review to SP that normally have bad ones, then it's for us to beware. Opposite is also true.

  6. #6
    Dee

    Looks like you should have started that separate thread -- so far your point has raised a lot more interest than mine. For my part, I agree that there's no problem if the reviewer who accepts the freebie says so in his review. People who see something unethical about accepting a freebie as payback for agency bungling are just confused about the issue.

    Femaleluver

    What do I mean? I can't even tell what you mean. And please accept that as a joke.

    For what it's worth, here's my question again. Let's try it this way. An agency grants a freebie. The client gets laid and does not pay. Does this mean the girl gets no money, or does the agency pay her the sum that ordinarily would have been her cut from the fee charged the customer?

    If anyone has an answer, please also explain how you know.

  7. #7
    proud infidel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    from the civilized world
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Paul
    Femaleluver

    What do I mean? I can't even tell what you mean. And please accept that as a joke.

    For what it's worth, here's my question again. Let's try it this way. An agency grants a freebie. The client gets laid and does not pay. Does this mean the girl gets no money, or does the agency pay her the sum that ordinarily would have been her cut from the fee charged the customer?
    My sense is that the girl will get paid for her 2 hours of work as in normal circumstances, meaning that the agency won't take its cut, thus "absorbing" the loss.

    fml

    ps. i don't think a one- hour freebie is applicable, though. It would seem to make more sense if there's a minimum of 2 hours, with nearly all of the money going to the girl. Unfortunately, RP, i can't give you any direct proof or example of this, as i have never been granted a freebie.
    fml

  8. #8

    Correct me if I'm wrong

    I believe the controversy is over whether or not it is ethical for a poster to take a freebie from an agency and then post a great review in return.

    One side says its ok because the agency is just trying to make up for its own screw up as many businesses do, and the client is entitled to some compensation for loss of time or unsatifactory service.

    The other side says that when a poster on this board accepts a freebie for whatever reason the perception of that member being "bought off" exists if they then turn around and post a great review of the agency and delete any original negative review.

  9. #9
    Fuck Models Love Stripper Uncle Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    540
    Thanks Abe...

    In that case, I think it's fine for the poster to prvide an ACURATE review of the service whether it's paid for or a freebie...

    They should also let everyone know up front that the service was free... And if the first hour sucked, they should say it... And if they're given a make up hour and she becomes a fucking dynamo in bed, then they should say that too...

    I don't find anything wrong with posting an acurate review as long as the poster clairfies PAID FOR or FREEBIE...

    I'm not sure if I should throw gas on the fire, but oh well...

    XFactormtl, where you at the last party? Have you been to all the parties? And when you do go to the parties, do you meet and remember every single persons name/handle/etc.?

    What agenda could Freewill be pushing? All I see are opinions and facts being posted... And after reading them I don't feel they're pushing anyone a particular way...

    Maybe you're reading into them something I'm not...
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day."
    - Dean Martin

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestAbe
    One side says its ok because the agency is just trying to make up for its own screw up as many businesses do, and the client is entitled to some compensation for loss of time or unsatifactory service.
    You're leaving out full disclosure. We feel it's ok to take the freebie as long as the taker explains in full when he writes his review.

    That just seems like the common sense view, and I bet most clients would agree w/ it.

  11. #11

    Exclamation I never disagreed

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Paul
    You're leaving out full disclosure. We feel it's ok to take the freebie as long as the taker explains in full when he writes his review.

    That just seems like the common sense view, and I bet most clients would agree w/ it.
    I originally said it was a non-issue. I agree fully however that every poster should give a fair and accurate description of every aspect of the encounter, including any history behind it. The fact that someone is getting a freebie is definitely a part of the history behind the encounter.

  12. #12
    Mod 2
    Guest
    XFactor,

    As per the Posting Guidelines and Rules of Conduct, I am closing this thread and booting you out.

    2) Forbidden Activities:
    iii) Personal attacks on others, flames, fights, name-calling, etc...

    Whoever FREEWILL was in his previous incarnation has to do with him only. If he wanted to tell you, he would. It`s obvious you are here to disturb and cause trouble only, and we don`t want you on this board. Go play somewhere else.

    EDIT: Actually no, I am not closing this thread. I cleaned it up and reopened it. XFactor is causing trouble and there is no reason for me to punish everyone by closing a thread on a subject that otherwise have generated interresting discussions.

    Thank you

    M2
    Last edited by Mod 2; 07-21-2005 at 10:57 AM.

  13. #13
    Honest Abe

    But disclosure isn't a nonissue -- it's the crux. If you're going to summarize our position, you have to include it. And your post to Uncle Kracker did not. That's all I'm saying.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestAbe
    I originally said it was a non-issue. I agree fully however that every poster should give a fair and accurate description of every aspect of the encounter, including any history behind it. The fact that someone is getting a freebie is definitely a part of the history behind the encounter.
    Actually, in my opinion, it is not necessary to mention freebie/discount or not in the review. However, if freebie/discount was offered in exchange of review then before accepting it tell the owner that review will be done based on the experience and do not expect a good reivew just because of freebie/discount.
    In this respect, I congratulates Celine with her hot summer promotion idea. all she asks is reviews - good or bad - up front so nothing is hidden.
    *just my 2 potatos worth opinion*

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by orallover
    Actually, in my opinion, it is not necessary to mention freebie/discount or not in the review
    I'm sorry I have to disagree with you here orallover. It is OK to just mention you got a special deal without revealing the discount, but it seems deceptive to hide the fact that there was a special arrangement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •