Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cologne thread

The cologne thread

I will be buying a new fragrance soon. I am sure you guys have some mean collections.

What have been your time tested classic fragrances?

I am tempted to go for Aventus by Creed. It's expensive but have heard too many good reviews of it.

Smell clean, that is all you need to do.

Veteran of Misadventures

Old Spice Classic

http://www.oldspice.com/en-US/produc...logne-classic/

"Old Spice Cologne has been around for generations. If your grandfather hadn’t worn it, you wouldn’t exist. Neither would velvet paintings, the chili dog and sheepskin rugs -- manly things that were made by men who smelled strong and splashed Old Spice cologne on their faces before doing other manly stuff during their day."
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 11-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.

a.k.a. NewestGuy
    In that case don't forget a bottle of Aqua Velva!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.

Quote Originally Posted by gan View Post
    I am tempted to go for Aventus by Creed. It's expensive but have heard too many good reviews of it.
    if you can get the original, it's worth it otherwise, there's better scent out there. if you don't mind, get some tester size which you can get online. about $30 for a 5-8ml and you'll have the original and much better aventus scent

dreamer from versace is great. about $40 for a 50ml. any smoker will love the scent. tested and approved for years

dior homme is another great one too. perfect for date nights and/or intimate moments

I wear Georgio Armani Attitude,love it and have always had postive remarks

When I wear a cologne or an eau de toilette I want to be distinctive. I hate to wear a cologne that you can smell on almost every men you meet on the street.

For example, when I'm in Brazil I habitually wear British cologne (for example some Burberry colognes or my favorite one: Bois du Portugal by Creed.

On the other hand, while I'm in Montréal I always sport Brazilian colognes: my favorite ones are: Zaad, Malbec Absoluto (yes, made with wine) and Coffee all from O Boticario. They are not too expensive and they smell very masculine

Malbec: http://www.boticario.com.br/Malbec-D...-100ml-07936/p
    Zaad: http://www.boticario.com.br/Zaad-Eau...m-95ml-09685/p
    Coffee: http://www.boticario.com.br/Coffee-M...-100ml-20600/p
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

a.k.a. NewestGuy
    I have a feeling I'm gonna catch a few snarky comments for this one, but I'm a fan of cool water by Davidoff and always have been. Definitely not musky but suits me.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Blagojevich View Post
    Smell clean, that is all you need to do.
    I agree if you can't add a little manly fragrance to the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Right on, EB. I use Stetson sometimes, too.
    Sweetwater
    "I have the right to remain silent, but I don't have the ability": Ron White
    "Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?": Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear" (1991)
    Pussycat Song- The Asylum Street Spankers
    Scrotum Song- The Asylum Street Spankers

You have more credibility in THIS particular thread than ANYONE...Sweetwater.

Always been an Acqua di Gio fan... looking to expand my collection. Stuff i have sampled and enjoyed...

Dior Homme
    YSL Nuit de l'Homme
    D&G Light Blue
    Mont Blanc Legend
    Chanel Allure

Going to try Armani Code and Dior Sauvage...
    looking for Acqua di Parma or Creed somewhere in Montreal but hard to find anywhere that will give you testers.

What do you guys think? More importantly, what do you ladies like?

:-)
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

The only two that I use and always get complement's...http://france.hermes.com/parfums/hom...-d-hermes.html

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...Homme-137.html

Both available at La Baie downtown. Sample available for hermes.

These are not loud perfumes, no one will know that you have entered the room. Nice in close range.

Wow a nearly 4 year old thread revived..Issey Miyake is my go to cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by ssj124 View Post
    Wow a nearly 4 year old thread revived..Issey Miyake is my go to cologne.
    Old is New again..

Monsieur de Givenchy is my fav. A lady gave me a bottle of Allure by Chanel. Its pretty good too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast