Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Matt Damon interview on the Debt limit and rich people(who I hate)

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Le Chablis, Saint - Jacques
    Posts
    3,622

    Matt Damon interview on the Debt limit and rich people(who I hate)

    Being a socialist with a deep hatred of rich people(I hate rich people because most are arrogant who have absolutely no respect for people who have much less and think they deserve all the money they have because they simply "earned it"), I found this interview with Matt Damon really interesting, today I became a die hard Matt Damon fan after watching this very candid interview with him.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyLafU0OEY0

  2. #2
    Question. So what if one day that you become rich? That means you would be hating yourself?

    Half joking of course. Just so you know Matt Damn is rich too. Wealth is a great thing but never let it define who you are and lose perspective on things. Since wealth is a fading, fleeting and superficial variable. I know many rich folks who are good people and treat everyone with respect. Also met my fair share of asses as well. Until they lose most or all of it and still they are still asses.

    Yet I am sure if you ever hit it big you would be hobbying much more than you are now. And that is not a bad thing.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Le Chablis, Saint - Jacques
    Posts
    3,622
    Wealth is not fading, the rich are getting richer according to a new study by Emmanuel Saez, of the University of California, Berkeley, and Thomas Piketty, of the Paris School of Economics, reveal that the top 1% enjoyed real income growth of 31% between 2009 and 2012.

    http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph.../daily-chart-8

    Wealth is a bad thing because not everybody can have it(My opinion).

    Damon makes some very interesting and strong points in his interview, "it's criminal, so little is asked of people who are getting so much", Matt Damon.

  4. #4
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t View Post
    today I became a die hard Matt Damon fan after watching this very candid interview with him.
    You are aware he's from Boston, your most despised city on earth!! How can you come out and say such a thing like this Joe.t. I'm shocked!!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  5. #5
    It's a whole new ballgame
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Where I belong.
    Posts
    6,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    You are aware he's from Boston, your most despised city on earth!! How can you come out and say such a thing like this Joe.t. I'm shocked!!
    LOL. Gotta say though, this is about the first time that Joe and I are pretty close to being on the same page.
    The mounties always get their man.

  6. #6
    Shifu
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t View Post
    Being a socialist with a deep hatred of rich people(I hate rich people because most are arrogant who have absolutely no respect for people who have much less and think they deserve all the money they have because they simply "earned it"), I found this interview with Matt Damon really interesting, today I became a die hard Matt Damon fan after watching this very candid interview with him.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyLafU0OEY0
    Are you not by far richer than the majority of people that live in the Philippines or Africa? How much do you donate or give to charitable causes? 50% of your disposable income? Do they not have reason to HATE you?

    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King, Jr.
    "I need more sex, OK? Before I die I wanna taste everyone in the world." Angelina Jolie

  7. #7
    Good point Suikoden. Hmmm. I've seen my share of rich assholes and I wonder if I hate them or if I am envious and jealous of what they have. What I really hate is entitled people that believe everyone owes them a living. Fuck em!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by suikoden_45 View Post
    How much do you donate or give to charitable causes? 50% of your disposable income?
    Hello Suikoden,

    It is interesting that anyone who says he believes in Socialism is in the habit of spending tens of thousands every year on hotels and escorts for 10 years, and throws thousands more on gambling, as he frequently says. Of course maybe he gives an equal amount of money to charities. But if he can afford to do all that and still live well he's probably close to being one of those he hates than a Socialist. Is anyone providing socialist redistribution of wealth for work by paying escorts for sex? Now that's an interesting form of Socialism...no matter how self-indulgent.

    Damon is worth $65 million and is involved in broad preservation and quality of living improvement organizations worldwide. Yet, is he a Socialist because of a quick comment that he believes in higher taxes for the rich in an impromptu interview? Or is he really a philanthropic highly successful businessman...ie...a generous Capitalist? I've donated to medical care and research for children and still I don't think I'm a Socialist. Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller gave hundreds of millions to charities and no one calls them Socialists.

    Quote Originally Posted by suikoden_45 View Post
    Do they not have reason to HATE you?
    Not if you believe hot escorting babes and bookies are a brutally oppressed minority in great need. Why not "donate" to them?



    Merlot

  9. #9
    Wow, the highest tax rate in the states in 35%! Damon is right that another 6 per cent isn't going to be missed and that the extra money in the pockets of the rich doesn't really trickle anywhere. When you hit a certain level of earnings, an extra million or so of earnings doesn't require you to bust your fat rich ass to get there. It rolls in. So paying taxes at a higher rate isn't going to dis-incentivize the rich from putting their money to work.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Le Chablis, Saint - Jacques
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodick View Post
    Wow, the highest tax rate in the states in 35%! Damon is right that another 6 per cent isn't going to be missed and that the extra money in the pockets of the rich doesn't really trickle anywhere. When you hit a certain level of earnings, an extra million or so of earnings doesn't require you to bust your fat rich ass to get there. It rolls in. So paying taxes at a higher rate isn't going to dis-incentivize the rich from putting their money to work.
    Agreed, and the fact that Damon is even worth $65 million is a crying shame, I can almost guarantee that you deserve the $65 million more than he ever did and that you have worked a hundred times harder than he ever did, fucking disgusting world we live in.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodick View Post
    Wow, the highest tax rate in the states in 35%!
    No - the top US federal rate is 39.6%. Many states impose state income taxes as well - with California topping the list with a top marginal rate of 13.3% (New York comes in at 8.82%; New Jersey at 8.97%).

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Gents,

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t View Post
    ...today I became a die hard Matt Damon fan after watching this very candid interview with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t View Post
    Agreed, and the fact that Damon is even worth $65 million is a crying shame,... fucking disgusting world we live in.
    Bravo!!! Fantastic human pretzel impersonation. You know you could bring this act to Letterman. Damn heroes and pledges don't last long these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodick View Post
    Damon is right that another 6 per cent isn't going to be missed and that the extra money in the pockets of the rich doesn't really trickle anywhere.
    Many Americans are more paranoid about rising taxes than keeping their guns, though they switch their manias to match the crisis at hand. They think taxes are far too high now. Hike taxes more and make them less able to get guns too, man you are in for a world of panic and insanity as if Martians had just stolen all our hot women. This 6 percent might as well be 100%.



    Merlot

  13. #13
    Sixty Minute Man
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenrygalt View Post
    No - the top US federal rate is 39.6%. Many states impose state income taxes as well - with California topping the list with a top marginal rate of 13.3% (New York comes in at 8.82%; New Jersey at 8.97%).
    Correct jhg, now let's also throw in the Sales Tax, Property Tax, Excise Taxes, Estate & Gift Taxes, Social Security & Medicare Taxes.

    Being a Socialist and letting the Government take care of you is much easier. Of course the Government doesn't have any money so how do they get it (see above).
    That bass player's a babe. She makes me feel kinda funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.

    ... Wayne's World

  14. #14
    "The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money." - Margaret Thatcher

  15. #15
    That's fair isn't it Stefano? Why shouldn't you give half of everything you make to the government? Don't you think this is fair? Then the government can use this to buy votes with Obamacare and wonderful programs like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •