Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grammy Awards

Veteran of Misadventures

Grammy Awards

I am really looking forward to this show. Scheduled to perform are Katy Perry, Lorde, Taylor Swift, Metallica, and many others. It should be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 01-27-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Apparently there will also be a mass same sex marriage ceremony while Madonna is performing, a song titled "Same Love".
    Do unto other's as they would do unto you BUT DO IT FIRST

Veteran of Misadventures
    Does anyone know what the 2 guys in Daft Punk look like? They accepted their award wearing robot helmets. They are apparently French, but don't know if they are white, black, olive or yellow.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Wow, I am no fan of country music, but Keith Urban and Gary Clark Jr. were the best performance so far tonight. Clark can play that guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap! I missed Urbans performance!

Has Metallica or Ms Perry been on yet?

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Does anyone know what the 2 guys in Daft Punk look like? They accepted their award wearing robot helmets. They are apparently French, but don't know if they are white, black, olive or yellow.
    They are always like that. Nobody has seen their face.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Crap! I missed Urbans performance!

Has Metallica or Ms Perry been on yet?
    Ms. Perry yes, Metallica no.

Urban and Clark Jr. gave an awesome performance!

Banned
    Daft Punk helmetless singer in Florida

Maybe he does not like his baldness.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Daft Punk ended up winning the 2 big awards, record of the year and album of the year, while Lorde won song of the year. During their acceptance speeches, these 2 robots from Daft Punk remained silent and let others talk. Evidently one is a white Frenchman and the other is a white/Portuguese Frenchman.

Here are my best performances of the evening:

1. Keith Urban/Gary Clark Jr. guitar duo
    2. Imagine Dragons/Kendrick Lamar perform "Radioactive"
    3. Daft Punk/Pharell Williams/ Stevie Wonder perform "Get Lucky"
    4. Metallica
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 01-27-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Keith Urban and Gary Clark. Jr. at Grammys last night- this is for you Iggy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG1RJOPY8Y8
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 01-27-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    I was kind of disappointed with this year's Grammys. The best performance for me was the Def Punk performance with a cast of musicians incl. Stevie Wonder.

Other performances that i liked very much were Pink's and that hot-looking female country singer (last name Musgraves). The opener with Jay-Z and Beyonce was kind of hot also....Beyonce surprised me a bit with her attire (especially the lower part) and Jay-Z grabbing her ass during the performance.

The one i anticipated the most, but was left disappointed was the classic country performance with Willie Nelson, Kris Kristoferson, Merle Haggard and Blake Shelton. Nelson was okay, but Kristorferson's voice is nearly gone. Haggard looked spaced out. Shelton was great and carried the rest of the band. What differeince youth makes!

Surprised at the song of the year winner. That was the only song of the bunch that i didn't know. I lstened to it and it doexn't do a thing for me. I believe it's called 'Royals' or something like that.

p.s. Did anyone catch Black Sabbath's presentation?? On which planet was Ozzie Osborne on??

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by HornyForEver View Post
    Daft Punk helmetless singer in Florida

Maybe he does not like his baldness.
    Okay, now I understand why he's wearing the mask. He's butt-ugly!

Veteran of Misadventures

Daft Punk

Here is Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers and Stevie Wonder performing "Get Lucky" which won the Record of the Year Grammy. I had this performance in the top 3 of the evening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o00pgGRvXnU

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Get Lucky by Daft Punk

I absolutely love the beat of that song!

I've since downloaded it onto my iphone/ipod and i can't wait to go do my workout later today and listen to that tune!

It just makes you wanna move....reminds me of my good ol' days of burning the dance floor at the disco back in the mid-to-late 70's.

I still say today that the 'Saturday Night Fever' soundtrack album is one of the best of all-time!

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Keith Urban and Gary Clark. Jr. at Grammys last night- this is for you Iggy:
    I'm not much of a Keith Urban fan, but he's great (and funny) on American Idol. The most hillarious judge of them all is Ray Connick Jr., who was added to the panel this season along with J-Lo and Urban. I never knew how hillarious he was! What a much-needed addition to the show!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast