Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good restaurant

Looking for a good restaurant

I am seeking a good quality restaurant to take my GF in Mtl. Nothing fancy or expensive. Perhaps a nice italian place that is romantic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Da Emma in Old Montreal is nice, a bit expensive, but a good date restaurant. Menu in Italian on chalkboards.

La Medusa downtown is also a good choice. Also not cheap.

Thank you for these recommendations. I will research them.

Buena Note or La Cantina both are on St-Laurent
    Devil Ghost MC Support 81

Veteran of Misadventures
    Actually the veal meatballs at Da Emma is a good value entree at $24. You get 3 meatballs the size of tennis balls and a side of pasta. And the meatballs are soft and delicious.

However some of the other entrees are quite expensive.

Its not downtown , but not far...http://restaurantroberto.com/ . On Belanger west of Iberville. Food is good. Don't have the desert at the table, go downstairs and try one of there many varieties of home made gelato. I agree with Sydney, for Italien food, and Roberto is about 20$ cab ride.

Thank you to everyone who was kind enough to reply.

Although not really italian, Vargas is good, maybe touristy just a little but still good. Not sure what it costs for 2 with a bottle of wine because when i went there with a sp " friend" once, she excused herself to use the restroom near the end and paid the bill behind my back! Food was very good tho and i even tried steak tartare for the first time ever. Never ordered it again haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck3069 View Post
    I am seeking a good quality restaurant to take my GF in Mtl. Nothing fancy or expensive. Perhaps a nice italian place that is romantic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    i even tried steak tartare for the first time ever. Never ordered it again haha.
    iBurger features a tartare duo- salmon and steak, which is offered as an appetizer

http://iburger.net/menu.html

Pasta Casareccia is a family owned italian restaurant. They've been around for many years. It is very good, homemade pastas and sauces. Prices are very decent. I highly highly recommend this place :

http://www.pastacasa.ca/

That place looks fantastico Wallseye.

Yes it is. They make fantastic pasta and it's been owned by the same family till the very beginning.

I am a fan of L'academie the St.denis and duluth location. Its a bring your own wine, with a SAQ right next door. 30-50/person depending on what you order. French\Italian cuisine.

Out of all the ones mentioned above I will agree that Caffe Via Dante is one of the best

In the group of best are Lucca and Impasto too, both in Little Italy.

Thanks for the update, Vacationer. It's been a bit if time for me since my return there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast