Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Asian restaurants in downtown Montreal ?

Best Asian restaurants in downtown Montreal ?

Anybody here enjoys Asian food ?

What are the best restaurants to go to in downtown Montreal ?

Recommmendations please since there are so many in downtown and I have only limited time.

Talking re: chinese restraunt

We have top notch Chinese restraunts in MTL, some good 1's downtown, are
    1) Bon Blurize= st-laurent corner Du Maisionieve (however you spell it)
    2) V.I.P. = Clark corner renne lesveque
    there are tons more can't think of them, but just go to china town and enjoy

My personal favorites in no particular order:

Thai Grill - 5101 blvd St.Laurent corner Laurier(514-270-5566)

Chao Praya - 50 Laurier (514-272-5339) Also Thai

*Maison VIP - 1077 Clarke in Chinatown (514-861-1943) Chinese a la carte

Kaizen & Treehouse - 4120 Ste Catherine W (514-932-5654) Japanese/sushi

Katsura - 2170 de la Montagne (514-849-1172) Japanese/sushi

* food at VIP is great and with an unbelievable selection and open until 3 AM everyday BUT don't go for the atmosphere go for the food.

Enjoy,
    Spin

Veteran of Misadventures
    My favorites:

Le Orchidee de Chine (Chinese) on Peel between de Maissoneuve and Sherbrooke

Chao Praya (Thai) 50 Laurier (outside the downtown area)

Le Maison Kam Fung (dim sum) St. Urbain, near Rene Levesque

New York

As our fellow mongers suggest Chao Praya (and I concur), I can tell you that it's not very far from downtown. It's near St. Lawrence and it's not an expensive cab ride from downton. Or there is still the Métro: Laurier Station.

Enjoy your meal sir!
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

Quote Originally Posted by protagoras
    New York

As our fellow mongers suggest Chao Praya (and I concur), I can tell you that it's not very far from downtown. It's near St. Lawrence and it's not an expensive cab ride from downton. Or there is still the Métro: Laurier Station.

Enjoy your meal sir!
    pho bak new york's got pretty good soup too.

In downtown montreal, there are 2 regions where you can get decent asian food. chinatown (st. laurant/rene levesque area, metro place d'armes) or guy concordia area (on st. catherine's between st. mathieu and st. marc, metro guy-concordia). the places near concordia are smaller restaurants, but it depends on what you're looking for.

Student priced Asian Foos

59 Bankok: 1639 St. Catherine W & Guy (846-1003) , deliscious Pad-Thai, the only downside is they tend to be a bit slow to serve

Lotte Furama: 1110 St. Laurent & Rene Levesque , great dim-sum

Dobe & Andy: St. Urbain & Gauchetiere , best lunch specials! BBQ duck is incredible

Isakaya: 3469 Parc & Milton (845-8226) , one of my all time favorite sushi joints

And a bit more pricey but worth it:

La Baguette d'Ivoire: 1242 Mackay & St. Catherine's (932-7099)

Enjoy
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by New York
    Anybody here enjoys Asian food ?

What are the best restaurants to go to in downtown Montreal ?

Recommmendations please since there are so many in downtown and I have only limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    My favorites:

Le Orchidee de Chine (Chinese) on Peel between de Maissoneuve and Sherbrooke

Chao Praya (Thai) 50 Laurier (outside the downtown area)

Le Maison Kam Fung (dim sum) St. Urbain, near Rene Levesque
    Hey Eager, if you like Dim Sum, you should try this place in china town, it's da bomb. I forget the name of it but it's on clark and renne lesveque. I think the name is hotel furama, top notch food

I agree with Mr_C. EagerBeaver, the dim sum at the place on Clarke in Chinatown is the best in the city (my opinion) I never remember the name but it is on the west side of Clarke, you can't miss it when you enter the building you are in a shopping mall, just go up a floor or 2.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Spin,

If you guys are talking about Ruby Rouge, I have been there and I rate it a notch below Le Maison Kam Fung.

EagerBeaver,

You are the second person in as many weeks who has mentioned to me that they prefer Kam Fung for dim sum, I will have to give it another try soon (as the first time I went I wasn't impressed) and perhaps re-evaluate.

Thanks,
    Spin

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Spin,

If you guys are talking about Ruby Rouge, I have been there and I rate it a notch below Le Maison Kam Fung.
    I don't think it's called Ruby Rouge, i remember it as hotel furama, and it is on the 2nd floor, as spin says. which Kam Fung are you talking about ? in st-laurent ?

It is called Lotte Furama and it is my absoute FAVORITE for Dim Sum!

Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by MR_CUNNILINGUS
    I don't think it's called Ruby Rouge, i remember it as hotel furama, and it is on the 2nd floor, as spin says. which Kam Fung are you talking about ? in st-laurent ?

Quote Originally Posted by MySP_love
    It is called Lotte Furama and it is my absoute FAVORITE for Dim Sum!

Melanie
    Exactly, that's it, and no doubt it's the best dim sum, mtl has to offer.

Yes! Well done Melanie, that's the one. I will still give Kam Fung a second try but Lotte Furama is the best I've had so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast