Thread: 18 Ugly Truths About Modern Dating

18 Ugly Truths About Modern Dating

I don't know why (or maybe I actually do) but I found all those points to be true and express my frustration in dating.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/christophe...yPmiCZz2366.01

6. Someone who hurt you isn’t automatically going to have bad karma. At least not in the immediate future. I know it only seems fair, but sometimes people cheat and betray and move on happily while the person they left is in shambles.
    IT IS SHOULD BE RIGHT NOW..

7. The only difference between your actions being romantic and creepy is how attractive the other person finds you. That’s it, that’s all.

sooooooooooooo trueeeee
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

That's pretty fucking sad. I used to spend hours on the phone just talking about anything. It made it interesting and exciting every time you would see the person. Texting and email have made it so impersonal. How boring and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Max15411 View Post
    That's pretty fucking sad. I used to spend hours on the phone just talking about anything. It made it interesting and exciting every time you would see the person. Texting and email have made it so impersonal. How boring and sad.
    i soooooooooooooooo much agree...i am a phone guy...i hate texting....i found it so inpersonnal.....i found the chemistry so much in the phone or seing the person..then just texting....veryyy sad..
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

To each his own. I absolutely hate the telephone. There are few things I dislike more in life than the telephone. In fact my stress level at work went way down over the last couple years and clients and colleagues alike are shifting to email communication and away from the telephone. Face-to-face communication is the best, but if that's not possible, written communication is far preferable to the telephone.

Wallseye - thanks for posting. These are great! I have to say that I prefer texting so no more telephone calls wouldn't bother me. I think the internet has made dating easier. For example, the article does not mention all the dating sites out there and how much easier it is to find someone looking for he same thing. In sites like Match.com or Plenty Of Fish people tell you their intentions up front. I also like the option of girls from developing nations. There are all kinds of sites for this. You are most likely rich to her and she will do anything for you...you just have to be real careful and honest with yourself here.

I like this one:

9. Some people just want to hookup and if you’re seeking more than sex, they won’t tell you that they’re the wrong person for you. At least, not until after they score your prize. While human decency is ideal, honesty isn’t mandatory.

For the record, I am willing to be used for sex. I think every hobbyist would feel the same.

At my age dating is done, I tried the sites and met mostly people I did not want to continue a relationship with, no common interest ( when most people turn 50 they just curl up and watch TV or read a book, Eeeek ). Would be nice to find a dinner date once in awhile but not that important anymore, kids and dog keep me entertained plus when the need arises SP's are only a phone call away. Summer is almost here and lot's of guests.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Sol, the age must not be so important for dating. I am 50 and I was more a cocooning guy before. It depends on how you feel.

I tried many dating web sites and no woman wants to meet me. I tried them for 10 months. So I guess I will have more chance in the real world that in rhe virtual one.

Dating sites or not this article applies after people know each other in some way, not before meeting.

And as for dating sites I'm not so sure if it makes dating easier. The expression meat market takes a strong meaning there...

Technolgie evolves. People evolve... Some tries to stick to old days and old ways... But new days and ways are not that bad.

I love SMS.
    I remember this colleague who used to have continuous phone call from his wife during work... During meetings... SMS has solved everything...
    In SMS and Chat software, you can think twice before you hit send or enter...
    With SMS, you don't have to answer right away if you cannot.

I strongly believe that Dating sites make dating easier.
    My brother used few of them and after many meetings, and 2-3 relationships that lasted between 3 weeks to 2 months, he found the one... And she is quite a pretty spinner.
    My brother is Big enough and of course, sometime it was a little discouraging as he was not getting interesting replies...
    But what I like to dating site, you have pictures of the other and descriptions, what you like, don't like etc...
    So the chances that you meet someone that really fit (Soulmate) is higher.

You still have the other options:
    - Bars...
    - Dating at work...
    - Dating at school...
    - Social activities...
    All the above are quite limited compared to Dating sites... But they are still good options.
    Dating Sites are an additional way of doing dating.

Dating sites are not limited to bar girls, to girls that work at your work place, to girls that participate to social activities in your area etc...
    Dating sites reach a bigger and more diversified population...