Thread: How to Edit Thread Title

How to Edit Thread Title

"Oh, so they have internet on computers now!" - Homer J.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Followed those instructions and they did not work. Tried to edit the title of the thread I started called "Nhl offseason thread" in sports forums to use caps and it was unsuccessful.

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic

title threads issues

Press edit thread and then go advanced the title thread will be in a rectangular box on top you will then be able to edit
    Cheers
    BookerL

Veteran of Misadventures
    Does not work. I can get into the box to make the changes. The changes do not save. I tried Fred's instructions and they did not work. The issue is not getting into the rectangular box on top to make the changes. The problem is the changes to the thread title, once made, are not saved.

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic

Titles changes

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Does not work. I can get into the box to make the changes. The changes do not save. I tried Fred's instructions and they did not work. The issue is not getting into the rectangular box on top to make the changes. The problem is the changes to the thread title, once made, are not saved.
    Hi EB
    Just did it 3 times it does work
    Edit post new screen pops up with all bb codes
    Right corner middle widget go advanced the title thread rectangular box will pop
    Up make changes and then save changes widget button
    Cheers
    BookerL

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by BookerL View Post
    Hi EB
    Just did it 3 times it does work
    Edit post new screen pops up with all bb codes
    Right corner middle widget go advanced the title thread rectangular box will pop
    Up make changes and then save changes widget button
    Cheers
    BookerL
    All of those steps were taken. DID NOT WORK, changes were not saved.

Fred please edit the NHL Offseason Thread so that there are appropriate caps in the title!

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    All of those steps were taken. DID NOT WORK, changes were not saved.

Fred please edit the NHL Offseason Thread so that there are appropriate caps in the title!
    Sorry it does work for me !
    Have you tried restart your computer or change Browser sometimes some sites or compatible with certain browsers
    It works for me on Google Crome but had problems with merb and a few other
    Where you the original poster of the title Thread?
    If not there most probably have a safe lock on it!
    Browsers
    Good luck
    BookerL

I tried also and did not work.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Google Chrome is the browser I am using. I have been on this board for 11 years and never had a problem editing thread titles. Take a look at my post count. Over 10,000 posts and that does include 1,000 or so from my original account deleted due to an early bug that occurred at that time. I have been here since MERB started in 2003.

I have edited maybe a hundred thread titles and never had this problem.

Banned
    It works for me too. I have just edited the title of "The Crazy F1 Weekend". I thought that we coud not edit the title of the thread after 48 hours, as is the case for deletion. But, I started the F1 thread 3 weeks ago. I doubt that this is a client-side problem, it is most likely a server-side problem. You might have been assigned to a member group who are not allowed to edit thread titles. I have some strange restrictions with my account as well: I do not get email notifications anymore when someone sends me a pm. Not a big deal.

Veteran of Misadventures
    I was suddenly able to edit my NHL offseason thread title, for reasons I cannot explain. I did the same things I did previously which did not work previously, and presto, the changes were saved, whereas previously they were not. I think Fred Zed just waves a magic wand periodically, and wishes things to be well, and it is so. I have no other rational explanation for it.