Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly bank fees

Monthly bank fees

What are everyone's monthly bank fees?

I have a feeling mine are too high, I pay $8.50
    Stay thirsty my friends

Me it is 10.95$so you are good...
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

Veteran of Misadventures
    Mine are same as yours MB- $8.50

so it is meeeeee that is paying to high sniff
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

some banks offer no-fee account, but there are different criteria and requirement

Veteran of Misadventures
    They wave the fees if you keep $5000 or more in the accounts.

Pres choise financial. Been there over 10 years and not a dime in fees.
    I can even use CIBC ATMs.

I'm with the National, I need to look into changing my account type to fee per transaction. I only do them twice a month.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    They wave the fees if you keep $5000 or more in the accounts.
    I have more than 5 k n the account and still get charged
    Stay thirsty my friends

Tangerine formerly ING, no fees they even pay interest. They give you a bonus when you open a checking account.

i just finish to call my bank...and they don't care about my asset ,just what i have in my checking account..like if i have more then 5k i pay a bite less.....but i never have more then i need in my checking in case of fraud...so that is the reason...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    I have more than 5 k n the account and still get charged
    You will need to apply for a select account. TD offers that. I had an account like that for many years, though I don't like to keep 5000$+ dormant in a chequing account anymore. Tangerine/ING offers a no-fees chequing account and you even earn interest on your chequing account money. I pay 11$ a month for a fixed number of transactions, though I always end up making more transactions and they charge me crazy fees for those extra transactions, such crooks!

TD bank unlimited checking account. $29.95 or free if balance is over $5,000.00
    Unlimited transactions ( ATM deposit, withdrawals, bill payments, debit card ).
    Free cert. checks
    free small safety box
    free personalised checks up to $53.00 per/year.
    Annual fee waived on 1 of your CC's.
    Free is nice.

I switched last year from BMO, they refused my son a CC without my co-sign, he owns 3 cars, job for 2.5 years and weekly payroll deposits of over $800.00 but never a loan or CC.
    I told them to pound sand, both with TD now and son has CC with no co-sign..
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Banned
    TD is agressively advertizing its all inclusive account in magazines these days. In the olden days, I only had to keep 1000$ in my chequing account and they waived the fees. They raised the limit to 5000$ after they merged with Canada Trust or God knows whom in 2002-2003 (?). The fee for the select/all-inclusive account has been 25$ for many years. I am sursprised to see it jump to about 30$. For no fees, Tangerine is the way to go. I have accounts with both, and TD is still my main bank. Never dared to make the full switch, but I know some friends who did.

Keeping 5000$ in a chequing account is a very bad idea, bad investment and high fraud risk.

Relocated
    I have an account with US Bank in the US and they actually paid me $50 to open the account. They offer no charge banking to seniors so I put my mom on the account and I pay absolutely no fees for both checking and savings, everything is included, even free checks.
    Here in Canada I pay $13.95/month with BMO for my primary account. I have another account with TD for $3.95 per month but it includes practically nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast