Thread: Just a quick positive thread: USA economy is getting better Yeah!!

Adorable libertine

Lightbulb Just a quick positive thread: USA economy is getting better Yeah!!

I don't read the economy lines in the paper, or heard it in the news...

How do I know?

I know people who are working in the industry of tourism and there is much more reservations this year than the past 2-3 years. So, I conclude things are getting better

So, welcome back and enjoy your stay gentlemen!

The US job statistics agree with you, pretty much. The economy just added 200,000 jobs, so now there are as many jobs as just before the Great Recession began.

Still not so great, but off the sick bed and standing up.

Adorable libertine
    When the american tourism is getting better, it is just one of the major sign that's just getting better.

I am happy of this fact, of course. It is good for you Americans, but it is good for us too, Canadian.
    and on a personal note, it will permit me to meet again some old acquaintances, and maybe make new ones.

Veteran of Misadventures
    It's not really showing up in the exchange rate so this is a sign that the Canadian economy is doing well also.........

Adorable libertine
    For a hobbyst, it is not back for the "golden years" when the exchange was really advantageous, I know.

But still, there is more Americans here than from the last 2-3 years.

I think, even without the exchange, that's a good deal for Americans to come and hobby in Montreal, even better compared to the rest of Canada.

Nor in the euro/US$ exchange rate...
    Find what you love, and let it kill you...

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Divina View Post
    I think, even without the exchange, that's a good deal for Americans to come and hobby in Montreal, even better compared to the rest of Canada.
    Is there any hidden message behind your post Maria ?

Adorable libertine
    Not really hidden, I think it is the truth if you are looking only on the $$$ side, Montreal has always been the cheaper major city in all North America.

Veteran of Misadventures
    In the "Golden Years" the exchange rate was $1.60 Canadian to the US dollar- summer of 2002. I will never forget those trips. I felt like the little kid who found someone else's piggy bank.

It's about $1.09 now, not bad, but a far cry from those good ole days. I don't think we will ever again see the exchange rate like it was back then. I just wish I took more trips back then. Unfortunately I did not know as much then as I do now, and cannot go back in time, although I wish I had a time machine to do so.

Yes, Montreal is still a great value compared to anything available in the US northeast, but if you do the math it was at one time an absolutely sick value compared to now.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Divina View Post
    Not really hidden, I think it is the truth if you are looking only on the $$$ side, Montreal has always been the cheaper major city in all North America.
    Including Winnipeg, Detroit, Cleveland & Milwaukee??

Destroyt is probably the cheapest City, but I would put at least 3 or 4 condoms if I were hobbying there...

Adorable libertine
    Ok, ok... Doc and Man77777... The better "quality-price" then... hahaha

You knew what I meant... If this is not "the cheapiest $$$" ... it is really close.. and without any worry VS hobbying in the USA.