Thread: Sobbing Japanese Politician Resigns; Why Can't Mackay Be Forced Into The Same?

Veteran of Misadventures

Sobbing Japanese Politician Resigns; Why Can't Mackay Be Forced Into The Same?

This made me wonder why nobody can dig up dirt on Mackay that would force him into the same sobbing resignation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWRl-fePyU

By the way, a translation from one of our Japanese-speaking members would be appreciated.

Goddamn, I miss Marion Barry (sp?), the former mayor of Washington DC. The federal government forced a woman to entrap him into smoking crack with her in a hotel room as a prelude to sex (unfortunately I think the cops burst in before intercourse) and the media asked the mayor "what happened" at the press conference expecting the usual sobbing routine about moral failure. They did not get that routine from Marion though. "What happened?" said Marion, "the bitch set me up, that's what happened." If all the politicians reacted the way Marion did, these moralistic vultures would fuck off.

That guy just looks like a jackass. I wonder if the Japanese fall for that flavor of bullshit as much as N. Americans fall for ours...