Thread: Geraldo

Geraldo

Geraldine Rivera said something painfully obvious to any of us, and of course gets blasted for it.

He basically said something pro-female with respect to younger women. Their youth is a valuable asset that diminishes quickly, and a beta marriage in which she is not rewarded for effectively transferring partial ownership of that asset without current or future compensation, does not properly reward her.

The concept certainly makes sense to johns, although johns might be relatively less likely to want to marry the young lady under the theory that if it will fuck, float or fly, you should lease instead of buy. But Geraldo seems to have pissed off the older ladies by stating the obvious. Maybe on the next interview, he can mention the three F rule (fuck, float of fly) and really send them into a rage.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/...185058495.html

Veteran of Misadventures
    He mentioned it in the context of beta marriages, and it is very relevant and a good point in relationship to those specific arrangements.

What states are actually considering beta marriages?

Veteran of Misadventures
    I am not aware of any state considering it a form of marriage. Legally it would fall under the umbrella of common law marriages. Most states have a body of law in regards to such marriages and what rights they bestow upon the parties. They vary between the states. I know that the right of palimony does not exist in Connecticut.

To me, a beta marriage is more of a dating strategy than a marriage.

Geraldo is a f@cking moron, an oozing pustule of humanity... if you ever find yourself agreeing with him, you have some serious self reflection you should be doing...

It doesn't make sense. He's just confusing prostitution and marriage. The goal of a marriage is that each should contribute something important to the other that you can't buy the hour. If all a woman has to offer is her youth, why marry her at all?
    “Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love.”

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by Siocnarf View Post
    If all a woman has to offer is her youth, why marry her at all?
    Under Geraldo's line of reasoning I presume the answer would be hot sex, and a suitable young, healthy womb in which to grow your child. Miscarriages are less likely with a younger woman.

LOL,I just read it and this is no Al Capone's Vault...He hit the nail right on the head with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Siocnarf View Post
    It doesn't make sense. He's just confusing prostitution and marriage. The goal of a marriage is that each should contribute something important to the other that you can't buy the hour. If all a woman has to offer is her youth, why marry her at all?
    Why marry her at all? Some would argue that if that is the only way to access youthful pussy, the marriage rate would increase, of at least the flow of benefits to this 20 percent of women would increase because of the increased offerings to her.

80 percent of all men desire 20 percent of all women. So if marriage were the only way to access desirable women, most of us would be left out. Our beloved hookers who are amongst that 20 percent of women are the key to that access.

The other 80 percent of the women do not like this little fact of life and do not like the fact that most of the trends in society are making if easier for prostitution to occur, hence C-86. They also want to exist in a fantasy world in which they do not like to concede the existence of this 80/20 rule, so comments like Geraldo's piss them off, regardless of how obviously truthful it is. And to make things even worse, the fattening of North Americans and/or the role growth hormones that are fed to livestock has caused women to peak in looks at a younger age tags never before. So they get to see nonstop modeling ads featuring high school and college girls. Now that I think about it, I am kind of surprised Geraldo was not bludgeoned by the middle-aged women on the set.