Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams dies at 63 of apparent suicide - August 11th, 2014

Robin Williams dies at 63 of apparent suicide - August 11th, 2014

Last edited by CWipes; 08-12-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: grammer

Terrible if this is true, was the icon growing up

No matter how much talent, wealth and loving family a person may have, there can be a dark side with demons lurking in the dark.
    So when will Hillary go to Prison?

Only the Democrats would have a potential CONVICT as their Top Presidential Candidate. Simply Pathetic

Banned
    OH MY GOD,

GEEEEEEZZZUUUZZZZZZZZ!!! What a tragedy. I thought he was one of the greatest comic talents of all time with a gift of spontaneous genius like so few others. I hear that in films like "Good Morning Vietnam" they could not script his comedy so they just let him go on and let the others react to him. I read that his stage shows were unbelievable to experience. He also had some pretty decent range as we saw in "Good Will Hunting". Damn, what a shame...what a shame. It's hard to accept.

For Mr. Robin Williams

God Rest Thee and Keep Thee Close.

Merlot

Wow what a tragedy! The entertainment world lost a great talent! He will be missed...what a great comedian and actor he was!
    He will be missed at the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival...

Unfortunately, all those years of cocaine and alcohol abuse finally caught up with him...

My personal favorites movies: "Moscow on the Hudson", "Good Will Hunting", and "Awakenings".

Sadly, there's a history of comedic geniuses with problems. Williams is the latest but we also had Lenny Bruce, Jonathan Winters, Richard Pryor, John Belushi, Chris Farley...

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Very sad news
    I still remember laughing listening and watching Mork and Mindy !
    So young at 63 a big lost !
    BookerL

Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo View Post
    Sadly, there's a history of comedic geniuses with problems. Williams is the latest but we also had Lenny Bruce, Jonathan Winters, Richard Pryor, John Belushi, Chris Farley...
    I was thinking the same thing, but is it a comedian related issue or more about wealthy rich public figures, namely actors and performers. Seems so many of them have depressions and demons which ends in tragedy and to be honest its hard to understand how and why compared to so man peoples in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkjonas View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but is it a comedian related issue or more about wealthy rich public figures, namely actors and performers. Seems so many of them have depressions and demons which ends in tragedy and to be honest its hard to understand how and why compared to so man peoples in the world.
    Cocaine / substance abuse and alcoholism are depressants by definition...over the years the effects are cumulative...it is not a one time rollercoaster ride!
    Unfortunately, all of the names mentioned above suffered of this!

Wow. Thats fcuking crazy.

Strange to find out this site.

Such a tragedy...Part of my childhood died today. Mork & Mindy Theme Song.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Bystander
    A very bad news.

I have seen many of his movies. Alot which are on my favs list. Patch Adams (and the ginecologist conference), Fisher King, Dead Poet Society, and the list goes on.

I guess I will have to dl his Mork and Mindy episodes now...

For Robin!
    Holy shit! Let's see if you bastards can do ninety!

"Canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party"

Robin Williams

RIP

:'( RIP Robin you were one of the greatest

Original Dude
    Always weird and sad to hear this. I loved movies like Mrs Doubtfire, Hook and Jumanji as a kid, its indeed a huge part of our childhood, well the peoples of my generation.
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast