View Poll Results: for or against showid your id to an sp ?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 13.95%
  • no

37 86.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for or against showid your id to an sp ?

Question for or against showid your id to an sp ?

please vote yes/no .
    and tell us if when it is fair ?

Showing ID to a SP

I don't mind saying so, I voted no. Will the SP also show ID? The hobbyist is entitled to the same privacy as the SP is. It has to be a 2 way thing as far as I am concerned. If she tells me why she needs to see mine and is willing to show me hers as well then I would exchange ID. I'll admit I can't say that I know the (bad) things that they might occasionnally go through of be faced with so maybe I will change my mind in time after hearing some testimony on why it is important to a SP .
    Last edited by New to the board; 09-16-2005 at 09:07 PM. Reason: to better express my views

proud infidel
    Are you talking about our MERB id?

No but, seriously, i would say no on this question without thinking twice.
    fml

No way! Gotta keep a certain amount of discretion and secrecy in this hobby. That gets hard to do if your flashing your I.D.

Thumbs up

It serves no legitimate purpose. If you are asked, just say no.

Depends

In the US, yes, it may be necessary for verification.

In Montreal, no, I don't see why.

my 2 cents...

Much more important to SPs in the USA where all forms of prostitution (except Nevada brothels) are illegal and they need to feel secure that your are not LE.

Here many clients seem to be paranoid that the SP will use the info for blackmail purposes. Guys, we got better things to do with our time than the criminal act of blackmail. Especially when indy outcall work is legal. I wish I could ask to see ID and not lose clientel. I would feel safer knowing that if a client got violent with me that at least I had a name to give to police.

Prostitution so much more dangerous for working girls than the clients.

Ronnie
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

Ok but if something append the hotel have a record of the credit card of the clients or platte number at the motel you also have record on your phone bill...

I know that even with all this it's still possible that something append... but does girls really call police when this append? In newspaper I see much more restaurant delivery guy get attacked than SP.... I guess having a working call back number from a client its a good start to protect yourself.

I'm not sure that if a showing an ID is really safer for the girl when the name of the guy is (random name any similar is pure luck): Mikael Palanshikantov I dont think she gonna remember....!

Also i think that has a client we can require a certain privacy... i dont think SP gonna show and ID... even if its to proove her age if she look young!

Wilko

Red face Never happened

It never happened to me. Although I've had an incall SP asking me very explicit questions about what I wanted: "Huh, you know, sex? Me penetrating you? naked..." I guess LE don't describes things in such blunt terms?
    Make her laugh, make her smile, and do make her moan

If asked for an ID in Montreal, move to another agency or SP!

Ok but if something append the hotel have a record of the credit card of the clients or platte number at the motel you also have record on your phone bill...
    Sometimes they call from a bolcked number or from the hotel. At the cheap rent by the hour hotel, the hotel often gets paid cash, doesn't get any good info. If I am hurt how would I get a plate number myself and the hotel did not get a good one?

In newspaper I see much more restaurant delivery guy get attacked than SP
    As for working girls getting hurt, it is such a regular occurance unless she dies or is nearly dead, it is not news. Every month in Stella's Bulletin there are such reports. Many girls are afriad to call police, but do report the guy to Stella to hopefully prevent it happening to another SP. Also many girls feel safer just seeing the ID, thinking that if he is not afraid to show it he will not do anythig stupid in the first place. This is one of the reason why many girls only see out of town clients, and only at a good hotels. Americans generally are used to showing ID, and generally they are staying at a hotel that will have info on them.

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    Last edited by naughtylady; 09-17-2005 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtylady
    Sometimes they call from a bolcked number or from the hotel. At the cheap rent by the hour hotel, the hotel often gets paid cash, doesn't get any good info. If I am hurt how would I get a plate number myself and the hotel did not get a good one?

As for working girls getting hurt, it is such a regular occurance unless she dies or is nearly dead, it is not news. Every month in Stella's Bulletin there are such reports. Many girls are afriad to call police, but do report the guy to Stella to hopefully prevent it happening to another SP. Also many girls feel safer just seeing the ID, thinking that if he is not afraid to show it he will not do anythig stupid in the first place. This is one of the reason why many girls only see out of town clients, and only at a good hotels. Americans generally are used to showing ID, and generally they are staying at a hotel that will have info on them.
    I understand your position at 100% some girls told me horror stories, btw if the caller ID is blocked there's STILL a call record that the police can acces also you can request a number to call back to confirm the location and require to be a handline number if its at an appartment or not an hotel. I agree that there's no 100% safe solutions but small thing can make a big diference sometime.

I guess with all the competition in montreal its gonna never append in montreal if girls of an agency would start asking ID they gonna lose too many clients...

Wilko

I've been asked frequently to show IDs and/or plane tickets in the States because of their prostitution laws, as Ronnie mentioned. I understand and had no objection in showing these documents.

But it never occured to me in Montreal or the rest of Canada in 20 years. I don't see the need for this around here and I'd most probably say no to such a request. While I understand security needs, they can and should be handled otherwise.

Lion Heart

Just thought to point out, I generally do not ask for ID. If one particular girl's rules are too strict for you, there are many other girls out there. I just wanted to explain why some SPs do and why they do.

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady

I would show my ID... not a problem. This debate is old and kind of useless since it is not the standard practise here in Montreal, or in Toronto (I have no personal experience with the rest of Canada). There are other ways to ensure your safety and name means very little if you are only getting it upon entering the hotel, motel or home.

In Toronto, references were the way to go, but here in Montreal I took a totally different approach and decided that I wanted to see only single open gentlemen for longer periods of time, and rather than seeing new clients, limiting myself to a few regular clients a month. I have been very pleased with the results, as we get to know each other better, the gentleman and I are more friendly and develope a trusting and secure relationship. Surely, this is not for everyone, most guys like variety and such, but for the few that like this idea, it works really well.

As for what makes a lady feel safe, I do not think that you should risk what make you feel safer for the comfort of a few clients. That said, I think that ID checking is not the best line of safety, I would much more rely on references with a little physical description.

Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by brian4elle
    please vote yes/no .
    and tell us if when it is fair ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast