Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any muscle car or modified car/Trucks fans on the board?

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic

Any muscle car or modified car/Trucks fans on the board?

Hi all

The pleasures of powerful cars or trucks !
    High octane , sensations ?
    Those lots of horse power make it for you?
    Toys for boys
    Cheers

BookerL

Four wheels move the body... Two wheels move the soul...
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. James Dean

Fuck like someone's filming. Max Edge

I have been a fan of muscle cars for decades, back in the late 80's I had a 73 Vega Pro Street ( 427 L-88 ) done up proper. Today I am more into sleepers and handling, currently working on a 98 BMW 328i stock they are 190 hp and I have it up to 290 now ( last Dyno was 255 RWHP 310 ft lbs torque ) and will supercharge this winter and should have 355 to 375 RWHP, it takes time as you can not just drop a high HP motor into a car and expect it to hook up many other mods need to be done. My son is into the import tuner cars and is working on a 89 240sx ( fast and furious type car ) and has his boost set to 12 psi dyno 300 RWHP and 360 ft lbs torque. For a car that light it goes. He had it at 18 psi dyno 350 rwhp but lowered to make motor last longer. Within 2 years he plans to open a tuner shop but the costs are high and banks suck for a kid to get a business loan. They dyno he wants costs $75K but may settle for a $50K one, the difference is one has a 600 hp rating and the other 1000 hp. For the cheaper one that works out to 85 tune-ups to pay for it and the other 125 tune-ups. But there are plenty of 1000 hp tuner cars in the area and he would hate to lose those customers as they are the ones with money....
    I used to go to the winter nationals in Anaheim every year but missed the last 10 years, never miss the F-1 here and was pissed when NASCAR left Montreal recently.
    If anyone in Montreal is looking to tune a BMW IMO the best place is Vag Motorsport in Laval and to tune a Nissan or Honda Almasi Tuning in Delson Quebec can not be beat. Dyno tunes are not cheap and cost between $500 - $700 but they are worth every penny.
    As for domestic cars I have been thinking about something but am getting too old to start something new, dream car would be a properly done up 66 Acadian Canso and drop in a crate Chevrolet racing LSX 454R ( 770 hp at 7,000 rpm ) matched with a T56 Super Magnum 6 speed manual.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Now we're talkin' !

I grew up helping my Dad re-build engines for his drag cars and hydroplanes.

My list...past and present...

1969 Camaro Z/28 (a real one...with a 302 sbc, 4 speed Muncie and a 12 bolt)
    1969 Impala SS (427 bbc, 4 speed posi)
    1969 Corvette (original 427 tri-power, 4 speed)
    1975 Chevrolet Laguna S3 (358 sbc Nascar engine, 5 speed Tremec and a Moser 9" rear end) scheduled to attempt a record at Speed Weeks in Bonneville next year.
    2006 Dodge Magnum (Hemi with a GS-7 supercharger on it)
    2013 Victory High Ball

And when I get home...I'm placing my order for a 2014 Camaro Z/28...basically a factory race car that beat all kinds of super cars at the Nurburgring.

In October I'm actually going to the NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove with one of the more popular SP's reviewed here.

I LIVE for this stuff

Retired veteran hobbyist
    I love old cars! Recently, i purchased several books on muscle cars (and other old cars) for a great price at Chapters downtown, which will close shop next month.

I onced owned a 68 Camaro (ragtop) many years ago. I still own a 95 Firebird, but i can't consider it to be a muscle car per say. Yesterday i was out on the highway and passed a new Camaro. It looks great!

Recently, someone offered to sell me his 7-year old Mustang. Beautiful car and all, but truth be told i've never really been much into Mustangs. I'm more of a Camaro/Trans-Am/Corvette type of guy.

Best bang for buck production cars are: Nissan GTR Nismo, Corvette ZR1, Dodge challenger Hell cat not a Viper fan as handling sucks, Ford Shelby GT 500. Out of the four I would chose the GTR.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

I am a true fan of racing and I own a 2013 Mustang V6 has 330 tuner strengths and 300lb of torque. A real treat on the road from stop it is very fun, I enjoyed myself when I buy there 2 years and I do not regret it at all.

LOVE IT, fellow gearheads! I've wanted to start a 68 camaro restauration project for a while; modern suspension, decent breaks and an LS3 engine..I would drive that baby every day..nothing overkill, stock exterior..I love it the way it is, even the original rally wheels, just some wider rubber.

Unfortunately ive never had enough room and I admit I was a bit intimidated by the scale of such a project. I wouldnt want it to drag on for years and become a money pit, like I've seen other people do.

The new Corvette Z06 2015 blew my mind when they announced the pricing last week 78,995$US... 650+ HP, it looks amaaazing, much stiffer, and quicker than the previous top of the line 100k+ ZR1, monster breaks, carbon fiber panels, aluminium chassis, very nice interior, rev-matching manual trans or 8 speed auto that they say its faster than a Porsche PDK.

If this becomes a conversation topic at GG5 we might miss the girls

Trust me, there will be so many girls there it will be impossible to miss them lol. But with that said Aka, ask me about my sportscar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aka View Post

If this becomes a conversation topic at GG5 we might miss the girls

Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    But with that said Aka, ask me about my sportscar.
    Let me guess..is it a Corvette? Ive been in a C6 ZR1 and it was the single scariest car experience of my life..that car is a mother of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by JTF2 View Post
    My list...past and present...
    1969 Camaro Z/28
    1969 Impala SS (427 bbc, 4 speed posi)
    1969 Corvette (original 427 tri-power, 4 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by JTF2 View Post
    when I get home...I'm placing my order for a 2014 Camaro Z/28.
    I thought it sold out… it was a limited edition $75k striped camaro, LS7, ceramic brakes and super trick magnetic suspension..insane car. I think it was quicker than the GTR on a track..it would be amazing if you could still get it..maybe some dealers might have a few around

You know what they say about guys that own corvettes lol.....No not a Vette. But it could beat a Vette in a 1/4 mile or more... A guy that owned it used to race on a track and beat Vettes all the time, maybe not the newer vettes of today tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Aka View Post
    Let me guess..is it a Corvette? Ive been in a C7 ZR1 and it was the single scariest car experience of my life..that car is a mother of violence.

Veteran of Misadventures
    I am not super knowledgable about muscle cars but back in the 1980s when I was managing a pizzeria one of my co-managers had a 1970 Dodge Charger. That car had some serious muscle. Up until that point in my life I had been driving a Chevy Nova (1974), a Volkswagon Rabbit (1980) and a Dodge Omni (1984), all much less powerful vehicles. So when he took me out in his Charger it was really an amazing experience. When he put the pedal to the floor your body literally got thrown backwards and you could feel the awesome power. The downside is cars like that guzzle up gas, like maybe 8 miles to the gallon, if that. They drink gas so they are show cars and not for a trip to Toronto for example.

I get about 20 mpg highway at 60-70mph, but where she guzzles up the gas is city driving. That and at speeds over 100 mph but oh so much fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    You know what they say about guys that own corvettes lol.....No not a Vette. But it could beat a Vette in a 1/4 mile or more... A guy that owned it used to race on a track and beat Vettes all the time, maybe not the newer vettes of today tho.
    True, Ive never been into corvettes either..just the late 50's-early 60's (C1-C2), the newer C6 ZR1 and now the upcoming C7 Z06. Other than that Im more of a Camaro guy

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    I have been a fan of muscle cars for decades, back in the late 80's I had a 73 Vega Pro Street ( 427 L-88 ) done up proper.
    Hi all Hi STN

Lots of horsepwer ,what did you do to improve stability and stoping ?
    Preferred tires for better handling ?

Cheers

BookerL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast