Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: STDs

  1. #1

    STDs

    We read that STDs are at an all-time high, yet I rarely see any comments about hobbyists catching STDs from Sex Workers and/or Massage therapists.

    Have you ever caught anything after a BBBJ, or other exchange of bodily fluids with a sex worker?

    I'm interested to know the level of risk other Merb users have experienced.

    Charles

  2. #2
    Because folks are keen to admit they are disease ridden on a forum. Especially when some escorts use membership and posting history to filter clients and with all the get together activities.

    If you want to know the risks, in the health section there is/was a thread that had a link to a calculater which figured out the chance the person you are having the coitus with has something and the odds of passing it on. It covers gay and straight, civie and sex worker.
    Other than that do your own google search. The level of ignorence some people on this board have about STDs are staggering both in terms too much and too little fear.

  3. #3
    Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

    I've read the research, I'm interested in actual stories, and numbers of responses. That will provide much more interesting information than potentially politically-correct altered statistics.

    Imagine if no one responds that they have caught an STD, or if only a very few members respond. What does that tell us about the actual level of risk?

    Or, in the opposite case, that hundreds respond.

    Did I mistake some portion of your comment, wherein sex-workers could remove comments, thereby hiding negative comments relating to health issues.

    I think many Merb hobbyists would be interested in an informal survey such as this.

    Charles

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles2 View Post
    Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

    I've read the research, I'm interested in actual stories, and numbers of responses. That will provide much more interesting information than potentially politically-correct altered statistics.

    Imagine if no one responds that they have caught an STD, or if only a very few members respond. What does that tell us about the actual level of risk?

    Or, in the opposite case, that hundreds respond.

    Did I mistake some portion of your comment, wherein sex-workers could remove comments, thereby hiding negative comments relating to health issues.

    I think many Merb hobbyists would be interested in an informal survey such as this.

    Charles
    No, I am saying unless it is anonymous people will self censer to avoid coming across as some sort of disease ridden Quagmire [giggidy].

    Also I'd trust proper studies over a very badly designed study of people who may or may not be lying in either direction for that matter and where the sample sized has huge biases that you can't control for. Also you will never get a proper sample size. Your data would be strictly "This one time? At band camp?" level of quality.

    I'd go with this one
    http://www.stdriskcalculator.com/index.php/calculator

  5. #5
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles2 View Post
    We read that STDs are at an all-time high, yet I rarely see any comments about hobbyists catching STDs from Sex Workers and/or Massage therapists.

    Have you ever caught anything after a BBBJ, or other exchange of bodily fluids with a sex worker?
    Hi Charles and all

    Having been involve in this industry for 20 years ,none my active girls ever reported to me having a STD ,neither my clients complained about catching one ever !The worst was vaginal infections that some ladies do catch from digit or other sources
    However it doesn't prove or disprove anything .

    Only one of my girls reported having caught gonorrhea but that was before she escorted and she got it from a cheating boyfriend ,which decided her to escort ,needless to say she was curred before escorting


    Cheers



    Booker

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BookerL View Post
    Hi Charles and all

    Having been involve in this industry for 20 years ,none my active girls ever reported to me having a STD ,neither my clients complained about catching one ever r
    Either they never told you, or you lie.

    Italian porn star Rocco Siffredi said: 'Let me tell you a secret: in this business everybody has herpes, myself included. Every professional in the porn-world has herpes, male or female. It's the smallest thing you can get, it's really nothing serious.'

    I doubt prostitution is any different. If anything you probably get more exposures in a week. Unless you are doing a gangbang, in porn I doubt you get more than one person a day if you happen to get a shoot.

  7. #7
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by wasisname View Post
    Either they never told you, or you lie.
    Reading a echo
    Quote Originally Posted by BookerL View Post
    Having been involve in this industry for 20 years ,none my active girls ever reported to me having a STD ,
    Quote Originally Posted by wasisname View Post
    Italian porn star Rocco Siffredi said: 'Let me tell you a secret: in this business everybody has herpes, myself included. Every professional in the porn-world has herpes, male or female. It's the smallest thing you can get, it's really nothing serious.'
    Their is a major difference between escorting and porn ,its called a condom and further more in porn the male participant well its is job and he most of the time needs the money ,clients are not called clients for nothing !
    Quote Originally Posted by wasisname View Post
    I doubt prostitution is any different. If anything you probably get more exposures in a week. Unless you are doing a gangbang, in porn I doubt you get more than one person a day if you happen to get a shoot.
    But you can ask active bookers the answer may vary
    Quote Originally Posted by BookerL View Post
    However it doesn't prove or disprove anything .
    Additionally from what I know from other bookers that suspected that one of their SP might of had a STD ,they left the industry without telling so it might STDs or not just the scare of it !
    I never met one single girl that told me ,I am really looking forward to catch a STD .
    But then again maybe ,I wasn't a booker long enough?
    After thousands and thousands of calls and different SP's

    Or I lie just for the fun of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by wasisname View Post
    or you lie. .


    Cheers

    be

    Booker

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BookerL View Post
    Their is a major difference between escorting and porn ,its called a condom and further more in porn the male participant well its is job and he most of the time needs the money ,clients are not called clients for nothing !
    You might want to look up what condoms protect against and what they are only partly protective against. Also interesting you worked with girls who used a condom for all activties, no BBBJ.

    Also if your point is that they never told you anything, how does that add anything to the conversation on STD list. Nothing. In the context of the thread your comment is clearly intended to minimize the risks of STD transmission, as that is what we are talking about. Usually if someone says, is something likely to happen and someone says, well I never heard of it the implication is that it is at least somewhat safe.


    Anyways, I was right. One of my two options is correct.

  9. #9
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by wasisname View Post
    You might want to look up what condoms protect against and what they are only partly protective against. Also interesting you worked with girls who used a condom for all activties, no BBBJ.

    Also if your point is that they never told you anything, how does that add anything to the conversation on STD list. Nothing. In the context of the thread your comment is clearly intended to minimize the risks of STD transmission, as that is what we are talking about. Usually if someone says, is something likely to happen and someone says, well I never heard of it the implication is that it is at least somewhat safe.


    Anyways, I was right. One of my two options is correct.
    Maybe you are not aware but BBBJ is a YMMV service ,if the SP was detecting abnormal situations she was ether refusing the service, the client for a complete service ,some customers accepted HJ only and sucking nipples .
    What I am relaying is my personal experience as a booker I am certainly not saying their is no risk, STD are serious they can kill !

    But in the sex industry their is Porn ,escorts and strippers girls working in the 3 different field have different mentalities.

    Quote Originally Posted by wasisname View Post
    Also if your point is that they never told you anything, how does that add anything to the conversation on STD list.
    Maybe you should read my original post ,I have never said that none of my girls never got sick ,but when they did ,I was a responsible Booker I brought them to a clinic or hospital emergency luckily the worst was

    Quote Originally Posted by BookerL View Post
    !The worst was vaginal infections that some ladies do catch from digit or other sources

    Sexual activity are risky ,either from a escort or someone you pick up in bars or wherever ,the world isn't disease free



    Cheers


    Booker

  10. #10
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyby31 View Post
    after having spoken to a few sp's on the subject. The majority of men who hobby fall in 2 categories. Single and can't pick up women on their own.
    There are other categories you failed to mention. For example, single men who are too lazy to socialize or don't give a shit about dating. And, men who's profession (long work hours, etc) prevents them from socializing much. Another one: men who can easily afford to pay an escort to satisfy their sexual and/or social needs. If you got the money to afford easy pussy, why not do it? It's all good, i say.

    As for the question the initial poster asked, i personally have never caught an std (as far as i know) from an escort. I've been getting tested annually over the past 15 years and have always come out std free (knock on wood!). But yes, i have heard of hobbyists catching std's simply from a blow job. Also, if you ever suspect that an sp or any sex partner may have genital herpes, i'd be vigilant about performing daty.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by wasisname View Post
    Either they never told you, or you lie.
    Italian porn star Rocco Siffredi said: 'Let me tell you a secret: in this business everybody has herpes, myself included. Every professional in the porn-world has herpes, male or female. It's the smallest thing you can get, it's really nothing serious.'
    True. 90% of the world has the herpes virus. I think it's the most successful human virus and it's not even part of a regular STD screening exam because it's so widespread. For most the virus remains dormant and never becomes a problem. Otherwise it present as cold sores. Chickenpox is also a relative of the virus.

  12. #12
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor19 View Post
    True. 90% of the world has the herpes virus. I think it's the most successful human virus and it's not even part of a regular STD screening exam because it's so widespread. For most the virus remains dormant and never becomes a problem. Otherwise it present as cold sores. Chickenpox is also a relative of the virus.
    Hi taylor19

    Would very interested how you apply those enormous stats on the Montreal escort scene .
    If 90% of the escorts has it ,its unavoidable and also is in regular dating ,also means lots of people or hiding important and relevant health facts ?

    90%


    Cheers



    Booker

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BookerL View Post
    Hi taylor19

    Would very interested how you apply those enormous stats on the Montreal escort scene .
    If 90% of the escorts has it ,its unavoidable and also is in regular dating ,also means lots of people or hiding important and relevant health facts ?

    90%


    Cheers



    Booker
    Sure. I can apply those stats to the Montreal Escorting scene because these are Worldwide epidemiological statistics for Herpes virus.

    "Worldwide rates of either HSV-1 and/or HSV-2 are between 60 and 95% in adults.[3] "
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex


    Most people have it..It's just dormant ..meaning you cannot catch it or spread it. There's a HIGH chance you were born with it. Chickenpox is related and shingles is a herpesvirus as well.

    I'll add a disclaimer, that the US rates are closer to 60% therefore I'm sure Canada is closer to 60% than 90%..I just always assume the higher end of the scale for safety sake.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor19 View Post
    it's not even part of a regular STD screening exam because it's so widespread.
    I think the reason has more to do with the costs of the test. As for the prevalence of HSV2, more closely associated with genital herpes, it's 16% worldwide and 13% in Canada in 2013 according to Statcan.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    I think the reason has more to do with the costs of the test. As for the prevalence of HSV2, more closely associated with genital herpes, it's 16% worldwide and 13% in Canada in 2013 according to Statcan.
    Yes HSV1 is more prevalent by a large margin. I don't think you can get HSV2 if you have HSV1 though...as the body creates antibodies. Also the wiki says HSV2 is normally asymptomatic.


    Anyway second disclaimer...I'm NOT a doctor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •