Okay, why a dedicated thread for the lowly Edmonton Oilers?
The Edmonton Oilers have had several number ONE or very high draft picks over the past few years (see draft info at bottom). Yet, they have failed to produce. This is a pathetic organization.
I hope we see some major moves, making hockey news, and all of the following occur this season:
* Fire MacTavish
* Fire Eakins
* Trade some / many of their assets
Is it Steve Tambellini's fault (former GM)? What will they get in return? For Yakupov? For Hall? For RNH? For Eberle?
Honestly, I can't figure out why Craig MacTavish is still the Oilers GM.
* 2014 - #3 - Leon Draisaitl
* 2013 - #7 - Darnell Nurse
* 2012 - #1 - Nail Yakupov (#3 Alex Galchenyuk)
* 2011 - #1 - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (#2 Gabriel Landeskog)
* 2010 - #1 - Taylor Hall (#2 Tyler Sequin)
* 2009 - #9 - Magnus Paajarvi
* 2008 - #22 - Jordan Eberle
* 2008 - #43 - Justin Schultz (signed)