Thread: Jean Beliveau decease at 83 years old !!

Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family, RIP

He was one of the all-time greatest. Probably the greatest Captain the Canadiens ever had.
    The La Presse article (http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...-de-83-ans.php) lists all his achievements in hockey and in retirement, but everyone will remember him as a humble and classy guy.

Allow me to correct myself: THE greatest Captain the Montreal Canadiens ever had. Period.

It is the middle of the night and already homages and remembrances are pouring out from all over. Prepare yourself, the province of Quebec is in for some serious grieving in the next several days.

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    One of the greatest captains of the history of the NHL
    Holds the record for most playoff Championship in any major sport with 17 ,10 as a player and 7 has a administrator .
    R.I.P.

Booker

A Class guy thru and thru

A true loss for Montreal and all Hockey fans

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

Retired veteran hobbyist
    He was a gentleman & always had class. He was a role model and a great hockey player.

The hockey world lost one of its true legends. And we all know it's only a matter of time until another, Gordie Howe, also passes on.

I'm not a religious person, so i can't offer prayers to his family. However, i will offer my sincere respecfs & wish that his great life will be celebrated with joy and not sadness.

Long live Le Gros Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A58orct27WY

And a nice clip from the Canadiens de Montreal....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxvwFeoArg...with the songs classic of Ginette...

I am not a HABS FAN...but that was a true legend in my younger teens times in hockey
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

he was the capitan of the capitans for all kind of sports.he rewrote the class.R.I.P Sir.the world of hockey will miss you.you touched many hearts .

Two months before his retirement,after winning his last Stanley Cup, he had a memorable game in Boston:

R.I.P. Mr. Beliveau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGjpo8CxqXY

Retired veteran hobbyist
    A young Vincent Lecavalier with his idol, Jean Beliveau. This photo hangs in Lecavalier's residence.

november
    Well said Doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    He was a gentleman & always had class. He was a role model and a great hockey player.

The hockey world lost one of its true legends. And we all know it's only a matter of time until another, Gordie Howe, also passes on.

I'm not a religious person, so i can't offer prayers to his family. However, i will offer my sincere respecfs & wish that his great life will be celebrated with joy and not sadness.

Long live Le Gros Bill.

A very big lost indeed. I have met him once, I had the chance to speak with him for about 5min and what a class guy and so passionate about hockey I'll remember it for the rest of my life.

Wonder who's going to take is place as the next Montréal Canadian ambassador?

Quote Originally Posted by christ2121 View Post
    I have met him once,
    Lucky you....from what i heard..he was a real class guy...really sad..Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.