Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: New Abbreviation: POD

  1. #1
    Is this a joke or are there really instances where guys are disgusted at having sex? Then why bother with paying for an SP? Perhaps the tinge of sadness that that the session has ended is being misinterpreted. In my case it is always POE (Post-Orgasm Exhilaration).

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    montréal
    Posts
    537

    sadness

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin
    Is this a joke or are there really instances where guys are disgusted at having sex? Then why bother with paying for an SP? Perhaps the tinge of sadness that that the session has ended is being misinterpreted. In my case it is always POE (Post-Orgasm Exhilaration).
    I think the sadness comes from beeing stuck with someone you dont want to be with after sex...like she (he) wants to sleep over after the sex....and cuddle but all you think about is...''.how the fuck to i get out of this , in a classy way ??? '' Sound familiar anyone?'

  3. #3
    Interestingly enough... when I first started having sex, after my orgasm I would feel absolutely disgusting... or was it disgusted? Anyway I would be overwhelmed with massive anxiety, guilt, disgust, self-consciousness, shame... you name it. It took me a long time to get over that.

    It used to happen with SPs because I felt so guilty over having spent the money. After a while I got used to it. But such feelings are virtually non-existent now. Occasionally I get a little tinge of something, some kind of throwback to my youth... but it doesn't take very long for me to pinpoint the source of my malaise. It's usually some trivial thing... some kind of anomaly that briefly invades my consciousness.

    I'm guessing those of you who experience POD are feeling some kind of guilt associated with the idea of spending good money on sex. Or maybe it just has to do with the environment... who knows? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to self-analyze and self examine... that way you can transform POD into POE
    The stiffer the wood, the better

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    montréal
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by The Woodworker
    Interestingly enough... when I first started having sex, after my orgasm I would feel absolutely disgusting... or was it disgusted? Anyway I would be overwhelmed with massive anxiety, guilt, disgust, self-consciousness, shame... you name it. It took me a long time to get over that.

    It used to happen with SPs because I felt so guilty over having spent the money. After a while I got used to it. But such feelings are virtually non-existent now. Occasionally I get a little tinge of something, some kind of throwback to my youth... but it doesn't take very long for me to pinpoint the source of my malaise. It's usually some trivial thing... some kind of anomaly that briefly invades my consciousness.

    I'm guessing those of you who experience POD are feeling some kind of guilt associated with the idea of spending good money on sex. Or maybe it just has to do with the environment... who knows? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to self-analyze and self examine... that way you can transform POD into POE
    WOw , i could have writen this ( piece of work)" Well said!
    But , may i add that i felt those feelings because of money and marital status ( i was married then , and boy i felt guilty)
    and now...i see someone and once in a while I see an SP...
    different kind of sex....that is now part of my sex life....and i feel little guilt now!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    montréal
    Posts
    537

    funny how the mind works for a hobbiest

    you will make tons of research ,shop around , try to bargain...wait for a sale to save 20 % all this on something that cost 100$
    then wonder if you just waisted your money...
    but wont blink an eye for a SP....40$ extra for tc......no problemo!

  6. #6

    This is perfectly natural

    My guess would be that this is perfectly natural and part of life in having an adult male body.

    Your body has been producing testosterone/sperm/hormones all day, your libido is at full blast, and the longer this goes on, the more desperate you are to bang the next available thing in a skirt. You have to be very careful here, because you may end up settling for an SP that doesn't meet your usual standards. She's female and she's available; so be it at this point.

    So after you've released, it's all gone: the hormones, libido, etc. Now you just want to talk about politics and the economy, watch sports, play video games, anything but sex. This is why pillow talk tends to be very intense, especially if the lady is a good and intelligent conversationalist.

    If the lady is physically attractive or someone you're very familiar with, that may slow the loss in libido. If she is not very attractive or someone you just don't like, then you will be wondering why you ever touched her in the first place.

    There's a similar term for this: "coyote ugly" - when you wake up sober the following morning, and can't believe you just slept with the person next to you.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemtl
    Post-Orgasm Disgust.
    I have had this happen, but it is Post-HIS-Orgasm Disgust...

    This is going to sound pretty weird, but this has been my experience. Yes, I am an SP, and have some terrific gentlemen clients who are just like dates (only better - read on), they treat me with respect, and I am always pleasantly amazed at how many of you CARE if I cum or not. Recently, I started dating dating... and well, I decided to give it up one evening after a few dates - 4 dates. All I can say is, P(H)OD - he was done in less than 3 minutes... didn't seem to give a poo-poo about whether or not I enjoyed myself (I didn't - not even close) and made no attempts to try to please me. After 5 minutes of lying there in absolute incredulousness, I asked him to leave (yep - just like that). He actually asked if he could come and see me the next night - I told him point blank that things would not work out between he and I. He told my friend (who set us up I might add) that I was so sweet and then changed after sex - DUH!?

    What is really odd to me, is that this is not the first time I noticed this. By far, I would have to say that the best orgasms I have had, have been with clients! Now, not all clients manage this feat, but I cannot think of one that didn't put in the effort!

    Melanie

  8. #8

    Pomousc

    Melanie, that's why I always Put Off My Orgasm Until She Comes. It's always best to please one's partner first, unless of course, she tells me to just forget about it because it's just not going to happen. Even then I try a little longer, just to be sure. Sometimes it just takes a little break or a change of pace... or even, get this, a little conversation!

    Hmmm... are you free tonight? It's the perfect night for unbridled passion... and lazy lovemaking.

    Did I just write that? I swear it wasn't me...
    The stiffer the wood, the better

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by The Woodworker
    Hmmm... are you free tonight? It's the perfect night for unbridled passion... and lazy lovemaking.

    Did I just write that? I swear it wasn't me...
    No, not Free Did I just write that?(lol)

    Melanie

  10. #10
    Sigh...
    The stiffer the wood, the better

  11. #11
    uninformed informant
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    146
    The term has existed for a while, pick up the movie Sol-goode someday, it pretty much starts off with POD
    Inherited Will, the destiny of an age and the dreams of its people. These things will not be stopped.
    As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom. They will never cease to be.

  12. #12
    Dragonslaying Babe
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Montreal, QC.
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemtl
    Yeah, I definetly find that girls or women generally don't get POD.
    I definetly think it's a guy thing.
    That's why girls can come a bunch of times and guys generally can't or have absolutely no desire to.

    I can tell you this: If I meet someone and I fuck her right away,
    I usually get POD.

    If it's someone I've been dreaming about for awhile,
    then I generally don't.

    But sometimes I do! I don't think I'll ever get married.
    I used to get this, and I thought it was a woman thing. I thought it might have something to do with that double standard, good girl/bad girl thing. Then I learned to accept I was bad sometimes and that everyone has a vulgar side. When I accepted this, I could see more beauty in everyone. I know it may sound corny, but I really do try and see beauty in everyone. However, sometimes, some people make it harder than others.

    I really believe that in order to appreciate myself, I have to appreciate others also. I am not perfect at executing this ideal, but I do it attempt to perceive life in this manner.

    To sum it up, now I don't get P.O.D.

    Now that I am done preaching, who'd like to go into the confession booth? I shall put on my collar...

    Last edited by Magda; 10-08-2005 at 05:48 AM.
    "Well behaved women rarely make history!"
    http://www.chezstella.org/

  13. #13
    proud infidel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    from the civilized world
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemtl
    .
    That's why girls can come a bunch of times and guys generally can't or have absolutely no desire to.
    I think the above is more attributable to male vs female physiology than anything else.
    fml

  14. #14
    proud infidel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    from the civilized world
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by MySP_love
    I have had this happen, but it is Post-HIS-Orgasm Disgust...

    This is going to sound pretty weird, but this has been my experience. Yes, I am an SP, and have some terrific gentlemen clients who are just like dates (only better - read on), they treat me with respect, and I am always pleasantly amazed at how many of you CARE if I cum or not. Recently, I started dating dating... and well, I decided to give it up one evening after a few dates - 4 dates. All I can say is, P(H)OD - he was done in less than 3 minutes... didn't seem to give a poo-poo about whether or not I enjoyed myself (I didn't - not even close) and made no attempts to try to please me. After 5 minutes of lying there in absolute incredulousness, I asked him to leave (yep - just like that). He actually asked if he could come and see me the next night - I told him point blank that things would not work out between he and I. He told my friend (who set us up I might add) that I was so sweet and then changed after sex - DUH!?

    What is really odd to me, is that this is not the first time I noticed this. By far, I would have to say that the best orgasms I have had, have been with clients! Now, not all clients manage this feat, but I cannot think of one that didn't put in the effort!

    Melanie
    Maybe it's because when one starts going out with a new girlfriend, you can become quite anxious, and this anxiety in turn may make you focus too much upon yourself and not enough on the other person's needs. This could be a transient problem, however.

    Just my 2 cents.

    fml
    fml

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    2,116
    When I was yound and stupid, I used to do drugs and abuse alcool and I often would experience POD. Now that I am older and less stupid, it happend less often

    MySP_love>>> I also found that the gents I meet working generally treat me much better than the ones I had met on the dating scene.
    Guys>>> any ideas on this???

    Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •