View Poll Results: What type of beer do you prefer?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Commercial (Molson, Labbath etc)

5 21.74%
  • Micro-Brewery

15 65.22%
  • Semi-Commercial (Unibroue etc)

2 8.70%
  • I don't drink beer

1 4.35%

Thread: Commercial Beer vs Micro-Brewery?

Original Dude

Commercial Beer vs Micro-Brewery?

In the tradition of the polls of this year i would like to know what type of beer you PREFER. Of course in bars the choice is rarely open. Exept a few cool places like the Brouhaha Pub wich serve all kind of special beers, you usually get labbath and molson only, or even one of the 2.

Personally for me the choice is easy : Micro

I like to drink stronger stuff, and exept Unibroue (sleeman makes it) wich is not really "micro" since its sold everywhere in convenient stores and such despite not being sold in that many bars, the stronger stuff made by the commercial compagnies is usually tasting pretty bad. For exemple blue dry 10.1 really taste horrible. When im short on cash and just want to get drunk for a few $, i buy this or a black bull, wich are dead cheap, but the first couple gulps are really bad. 7.1% blue dry is still "decent" but i don't enjoy the taste that much either, its just not as gross as 10.1 lol

Lately my favorites have been Seigneur Noir and Ale de Hardy,

http://deliriumcafe.be/bieres/bieres...-de-hardy.html
    http://deliriumcafe.be/bieres/bieres...neur-noir.html

Both made by the same compagny.

I seem to usually enjoy the micro stuff in general. When it comes to commercial beer, exept a few ones i feel they all taste the same and are all more or less 5%, wich is not my cup of tea. Of course when you go micro you usually pay more, but i feel the price is worth it for the difference. Seigneur Noir for exemple cost 16.50$ (taxes included) for 4 bottle... at this price you have a 12 of the cheap stuff usually lol
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

I'm a micro-brewery guy. I love to try new beers. Right now my favorites are the ones from Trou du Diable. Great stuff. As for the big brands, I'm a fan of Guiness! That's my Irish side!

Original Dude
    From Tro du Diable, have you tried

http://deliriumcafe.be/bieres/bieres...-succubus.html

I am curious, never tried it myself but i love the label. If i am not mistaken i think that one was quite expensive too.

Banned
    Not a big beer drinker, but prefer the commercial brands and its what I offer to some girls I see..girls really love a good brew

Original Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Not a big beer drinker, but prefer the commercial brands and its what I offer to some girls I see..girls really love a good brew
    Lots of people never tasted good mico stuff, sometimes they are just not aware of what is being made. I go personally more for the 7 to 11% stuff, but there is great lower % stuff made also for the people that drink less often or women. Personally i accept a budweiser when people give one to me, by principle i don't refuse beer, but i couldn't buy this anymore... even at the cheapest price. When i buy commercial beer for guest and such i tend to go for Rolling Rock, i just love the fact its the AVGN beer, and it ain't bad to taste either for a commercial. Or i get richards white... taste a bit different.

I have not tried the Dulcis yet. I have tried the Handshake, Tractor, Morsure et Sang d'encre! They were all great. I really don't like all the beers from Richards. I've tried most of them and I just hate them. Labatt blue is an other thing I can't drink.

Original Dude
    Richards White as an alternative is ok for commercial. Dark is not bad too, but the 2 others are just "commercial" as it can be.

Ill have a look next time im in MTL at those you mention , im curious, the names are great

I find the dark way too sweet with the maple sirop. I really like the new beer that Boreal put on the market during the last year. It is a good compromise between major breweries and micro.

I mostly drink rum and coke but beer for the summer BBQ's. Tried many micro-breweries and only liked about 15%.
    Molson X or Bud... I know what taste I am getting. Again, not a beer fanatic.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

It's a whole new ballgame
    And then there are craft breweries. I just bought a case of Heady Topper, rated the #1 beer in the world on beeradvocate.com. $80 the case.
    The mounties always get their man.

Original Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post
    And then there are craft breweries. I just bought a case of Heady Topper, rated the #1 beer in the world on beeradvocate.com. $80 the case.
    Wow... how many in the case? Must be pretty awesome at that price.

Master Yoda does say.

Beer? Beer is the path to the dark side.
    Beer leads to drunkenness
    drunkenness leads to beer goggles
    beer goggles leads to dirty women
    Once you have a dirty girl on your jock forever will she dominate your destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROcuE0m1MUc

I am glad I don't drink the stuff, Yoda knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Halloween Mike View Post
    Lately my favorites have been Seigneur Noir...
    Holy shit yes! This one is an awesome imperial stout. Talk about the dark side!

My other favorite right now is the ''Aphrodisiaque'' by brasserie Dieu du Ciel, a strong Stout flavored with vanilla and cocoa.
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1141/10330/
    “Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love.”