Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: Posting on merb...is it a contest for you or what????

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ZION
    Posts
    2,547

    Question Posting on merb...is it a contest for you or what????

    Ok i gonna be the first to admit sometimes i could post something that NOT ALL of you like or some do like....But i never in a million years was thinking that it was a contest to have more post then someone or else..

    I am probably just dreaming..but since the subject was brought up..i think merb members should reflect on the post made by others merb member that do post....Cause even if you have 100000000000 million of post...doesnt mean you ARE THE ONE who should be trust or anything...i am just saying...

    Sorry but i had to post ...loll...here is one post more for me lollll...unbelivable still i am shock

    For respect about a thread....i gonna post the quote here ..

    Here it goes...

    I like all threads !
    and(number that i erased ....)post and counting to prove it !
    MY answer...

    Ok it is not the place to say this...But you did that quote...So are you reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy serious ..Cause this site is for yes ....entertainement..telling us your encounter etc.also veryy other different subject or idea....BUT why should it be a contest of POST!!!..WOW..that is a first for me to ear that !!!....Anyway i think it is better that i dont say much and other member will see what i am thinking...Or already did think about it for a while...you just confirm it

    Sorry if i took off the name of the person and the number of post...but still i am amaze...
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ZION
    Posts
    2,547
    For example i did like this thread( below for the link)... very much cause it give you a little idea about merb member ....What they think about what you say...and your encounter etc....But yes for sure a guy with nooooo post AT ALL,..have less credibility and be more judge or could be a shill person etc.....But i know some here that dont post often and are reallyyyyyyyyy reliable!!!...Much more then someone with a million post...But seriously i didnt know that for some it was a goal lolllll...


    https://merb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...-Reviewer-2014
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

  3. #3
    People like to make a big deal about post count, personally I could care less to be honest. Someone deleted a thread or a few of them a month or 2 ago and I lost over 1000 posts overnight and did not even blink an eye, in fact someone had to point it out to me. I just wanted to know which threads it was and i think it was manily the restaurant thread when Eagerbeaver decided to have his account deleted. No big deal. When you are a newbie I guess it is fun to see your post count grow but in the end it is meaningless, really.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ZION
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMtl View Post
    indeed... I do see a LOT of useless posts/comments in some threads.... (like mine here for example )....yeiiii I'm now at 73!! lolll

    Trying to get thousands of posts just to have posts is just so pointless.... who really cares?
    Yes you go girl!! ..Common you can do it ..You are not far for the 100 post lolll

    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    People like to make a big deal about post count, personally I could care less to be honest. Someone deleted a thread or a few of them a month or 2 ago and I lost over 1000 posts overnight and did not even blink an eye, in fact someone had to point it out to me. I just wanted to know which threads it was and i think it was manily the restaurant thread when Eagerbeaver decided to have his account deleted. No big deal. When you are a newbie I guess it is fun to see your post count grow but in the end it is meaningless, really.
    Ohhhhhh that is why i dont find that damn thread ...grrrrrrrrrrr... i was in mtl last weekend ...and said to myself...ohhh gonna go look to search for the name of the restaurant i wanted to try it out grrr...Thanks ..and really sad to hear that Big thread was deleted....mods...could you do something to put it back on!!!
    Also i do agree with over times...it is soooooo meaningless cause you know the REAL and the........ after a while!...
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

  5. #5
    You could post "i agree" or "great post" or "good job" over and over and over and I do not think any man (or many women) would complain as long as you have that avatar up!

    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMtl View Post
    indeed... I do see a LOT of useless posts/comments/arguments in some threads.... (like mine here for example )....yeiiii I'm now at 73!! lolll

    Trying to get thousands of posts just to have posts is just so pointless.... who really cares?

  6. #6
    I can do you one better big guy, I Know a handful of guys that have ZERO posts that are super reliable and they help in other ways. If they see someone needing help and read about a guy asking for it they will pm them if they can offer someothing to them. I have even met some of them and so have you. Some guys help in certain ways and some help in other ways and last I knew helping each other is the goal of a good community. Thanks for starting this thread Panthere, my post count just went up by 3 in a matter of minutes! where is that damn "sarcasm" smiley?
    Quote Originally Posted by panthere View Post
    But i know some here that dont post often and are reallyyyyyyyyy reliable!!!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Etats Unis
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    I just wanted to know which threads it was and i think it was manily the restaurant thread when Eagerbeaver decided to have his account deleted.
    Major bummer that EB has left the board

    Is this due to a spat with the Mods over his latest suspension? Or some other reason?

    Although petulant at times and not much of a reviewer recently, I always found him entertaining and he is obviously a great source of current and historical knowledge about hobbying in MTL and beyond. Seems like a major loss and I hope he will return.

    With EB gone and Delta123 reducing his posts, it's not a great start of 2015 for MERB

  8. #8
    I don't think it is my place to discuss it openly as to his reasons why he left because EB is a friend but I agree it is a huge loss to the community, HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur_vandelay View Post
    Major bummer that EB has left the board

    Is this due to a spat with the Mods over his latest suspension? Or some other reason?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ZION
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    You could post "i agree" or "great post" or "good job" over and over and over and I do not think any man (or many women) would complain as long as you have that avatar up!
    I do agree with iggy...
    TinaMtl..thumbs up for the avatar and keep them coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    I can do you one better big guy, I Know a handful of guys that have ZERO posts that are super reliable and they help in other ways. If they see someone needing help and read about a guy asking for it they will pm them if they can offer someothing to them. I have even met some of them and so have you. Some guys help in certain ways and some help in other ways and last I knew helping each other is the goal of a good community. Thanks for starting this thread Panthere, my post count just went up by 3 in a matter of minutes! where is that damn "sarcasm" smiley?
    I have to tell you that it is just because of a certain quote like i did post in this thread ...Cause i was in shock in a way of the response ..Anyway i am happy lollll if you did have 3 post in a minute loll...But trust me i know damn well a few that did help me via pm.....And always happy to have some gooddd infos reliable
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Etats Unis
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    I don't think it is my place to discuss it openly as to his reasons why he left because EB is a friend but I agree it is a huge loss to the community, HUGE!
    If it's due to some disagreement with the Mods, I hope they will find a way to make amends. But if it is for his personal reasons, so be it.

    No offense to BookerL, but I would trade him for any of EB, Halloween Mike or Delta123. . .

  11. #11
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur_vandelay View Post
    No offense to BookerL, but I would trade him for any of EB, Halloween Mike or Delta123. . .
    Hello Arthur
    Everyone is entitle to his or her opinions,
    The hardest part about forums for many is to keep composure and proper decorum ,which in my career I have learn to do !staying calm and courteous are necessary qualities to succeed in many businesses this one doesn't escape it .
    Has for the members mentioned I do have respect for them even going to the of assisting HM with his problems with his owner because I felt he was being abused!

    I post for fun not for work contrary to some!
    And also contrary to others I have a different insight on the business because of my previous occupation.
    Everyone has a different life mine was about this !
    You must accept yourself has you are ,my friends my family all know who I am and what I did for my occupation so I do take all the attacks on my integrity with a laugh!

    Warmest Regards

    Booker

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    951
    I think it's about quality over quantity. There are people on MERB that are on a mission to post as much as possible, or maybe just have more time to do it than I do.

    As far as EB goes, he will be greatly missed. He had the quantity and the quality.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Da of the Dasein
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    I don't think it is my place to discuss it openly as to his reasons why he left because EB is a friend but I agree it is a huge loss to the community, HUGE!
    I've heard that he was abducted by Captain Kirk (William Shatner).
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

    Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

  14. #14
    Lily from Montreal
    Guest
    Thanks Protagoras ,you made me laugh so hard this morning...I just caught up with Merb after the realife Holiday hiatus and I was wondering why it was so quiet,no mile long arguments,no fights ?
    I now understand why...no EB, I kind of prefer my Merb without acrimony or argument,I am not in a legal profession so do not enjoy fights and insults as much as some...

    As for the original question of the threads,I write (and read) Merb when I need a break from my real work,being all attentive on a computer all day wears me out so I enjoy some levity I can find here but the only time I do look at the post count is when I see for first post a out of this world review,makes me wonder but as for conversational thead I remember only one occurrence where I checked the count and it was because for a first post the guy wrote a very hateful and weird comment,later I found out it was a well known troll...But as a rule it doesn't matter...

  15. #15
    An excessive post count is a bad sign. Also it is a sign that somebody needs to leave their basement and go outside.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •