Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant thread....the best place to eat...Where!!!

Exclamation Restaurant thread....the best place to eat...Where!!!

Since the thread was close by the person who is no longer here....i was wondering if you want to post where do you like to eat....Wich place...or if you have your post that was there before ..Just repost prettyy please lollll....I was reallyy loving this thread...Cause you know ...i love good food,good quality,good service...etc....For me the place was LA POULE MOUILLÉ,it is on 969 Rachel corner of bleury...Very good place for chicken and poutine also i have to say...good quality,gooddddd price..and good service but veryyy sad to find parking grrrr.....Also a restaurant grec that i did find on Peel street(Sorry dont remember the name grrr)...One street of the club Chez Parée ..(Inside the subway restaurant)..Was amazing for the food also,good quality and price....

So please make this thread awesome like it was before...
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

Here are my favorites panthere, I haven't been to some of these in a long time, I prefer these small out of the way places:

Italian:
    Tre Marie
    on Clark, the best Oso Bucco I've ever had. Small place I even think Nonna is cooking in the kitchen

Picasso
    25 ième ave in St-Eustache. It's a bring your own wine bigger place but I have never had anything there that I was disappointed with.

Mexican:
    La Hacienda on Van Horne
    I haven't been here for years and is a bit pricey but the food was great!

Breakfast:
    Au P'tit Cochon Santé
    Grande Cote Road, Rosemère, It's a healthy alternative which turns some people off but by far the best breakfast place I've been too

Breakfast/Brunch:
    l'Avenue
    Mont Royal East, very eclectic place and they have unique dishes.

BBQ:
    Le Boucan
    on Notre Dame, another really small place but food and ambiance is great!

Greek:
    Nostos
    on l'Acadie in New Bordeaux across Marché Central, haven't been there in a while but their grilled chicken is fantastic

Pizza:
    Epocca
    on Saint-Laurent, great European feel. They have more then just pizza, Their Risotto is really great as well.

Coffee:
    Café Italia
    on Saint-Laurent. You should eat at Epocca first and take a walk down to Café Italia. Decor & most of the clientèle hasn't been updated since the 70's, but it really adds to the charm of the place, it's a no frills place. Who wants to have an espresso or a cappuccino with a bunch of hipsters who ask for "Venti's" and "Mezzo's" just go here. Cappuccino is the creamiest i've had. The Epocca/Cafee Italia Combo is also really nice for a first date.

Wow veryyyy nice johnybird...Good Job..
    Btw i did heard about LE BOUCAN...i think i gonna go try it out..for sure...Thanks for reminding me.
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

Quote Originally Posted by panthere View Post
    Wow veryyyy nice johnybird...Good Job..
    Btw i did heard about LE BOUCAN...i think i gonna go try it out..for sure...Thanks for reminding me.
    I recommend you make a reservation, hopefully they still take reservations, it's a really small place

Relocated
    I just finished eating takeout from Boucan, lol. Love that place!

Finally went to the Icehouse on Roy tonight. Been wanting to come here for a while now.

Really good food, nice atmosphere, tiny place. A little bit pricey for what you get but really good. I might of had a SOG while having the Po 'Boy sandwich.

Definite Repeat! LOL!

Original Dude
    Everytime im in MTL i try to go at Ma Poule Mouillé, i pick a poutine, but not any poutine, its a special one with lots of stuff, spicy, i eat the "small" one and im full and it cost only 7$ taxes included... Its a steal really...
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

Here's a few more to add to my list:

Vietnamese/Thai
    Le Basilic Vert
    on Samson in Laval, excellent Vietnamese/Thai food. Food is light not heavy at all, very satisfying. It's also a nice place.

Greek #2
    Philinos
    Excellent greek place on Ave du Parc, can't believe I forgot to mention this place before. Haven't been there in a few years but the google reviews speak for themselves.
    A bit on the pricey side though

Cajun/Creole
    La Louisisane
    Sherbrooke St. West. This is a special occasion place for me, being a jazz lover, again real small place food is great but I think they need to update there menu it's been the same for years but they have daily specials which I have never been disappointed with. prices are ok atmosphere is great. If you go in the summer sit outside because you will boil inside with the heat of the kitchen.

Cannoli's (yes Cannoli's)
    Alati-Caserta
    on Dante street Everybody should know a good cannoli place, these guys are it, Make sure you get Ricotta Cannoli's, always ricotta.

Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by johnybird View Post
    Cajun/Creole
    La Louisisane
    Sherbrooke St. West. This is a special occasion place for me, being a jazz lover, again real small place food is great but I think they need to update there menu it's been the same for years but they have daily specials which I have never been disappointed with. prices are ok atmosphere is great. If you go in the summer sit outside because you will boil inside with the heat of the kitchen.
    I've been there a few times over the years and I've never been disappointed with the food or the fun and casual ambiance.

My recommendation in the Old Port of Montreal:
    295 rue St-Paul Est
    Restaurant L'Autre Version
    "Une expérience gastronomique exquise

L'Autre Version suggère une délicieuse et mémorable aventure en proposant un menu unique et varié des plus séduisant où se retrouve des judicieux et savoureux amalgames de saveurs et de couleurs. Notre fine cuisine du terroir vous propose ainsi des plats savoureux aux tendances saisonnières. Ajoutons une carte des vins composée de près de 350 crûs sélectionnés avec soins, dont 80 % en importation privée, l'invitation à faire d'inoubliables découvertes culinaires dans un resto réputé offrant la plus belle terrasse du Vieux-Montréal est lancée à tous !"

I've been there many, many times and loved every single visit!
    Welcome to distinctive exclusivity, exquisite refinement and classic elegance
    www.gabriellalaurence.com

for pizza, i go to pizzeria gema. the newest kid on the block in little italy.

for coffee, i like café vito in villeray or café olimpico in mile-end if i feel like going italian otherwise, i prefer the 3rd wave coffee places like lapin pressé, dispatch and my latest discoveries, flocon espresso and moineau masqué

for the best pho and bun bo hue, pho maisonneuve on maisonneuve east. its the closest to mom's recipe which means extremely good. first discovered by my parents and since then, got people to try including other vietnamese acquaintances and we all got to the same conclusion

for mexican, i like impactaco. its cheap and its good

It's a whole new ballgame
    Ma Poule Mouillée is owned an operated by Tony Alves, a longtime cook at Romados, so it's not surprising it's good. I can smell their cooking from outside my back door. Personally, I like their sandwich du porc above their chicken and the roast potatoes above the frites. You also want to check out the pastries in the back, inexpensive and very good. It eat there at least twice a month.

My favorite Mexican is La Matraca on St. Denis just above Mont-Royal. T and T, Tacos et Tortas, on Rachel at the corner of Clark is new and quite fabulous.

There's no better Chinese than Kan Bai. They have two places, one on Clark in Chinatown, the other on St. Catherine in Chinatown II. The one on Clark is much better. Also very good is Niu Kee, on Clark just above Rene-Levesque.

And you don't want to miss the sausages at Montreal Dirty Dogs, a hole in the wall on the north side of Mont-Royal just east of St. Laurent.

For true certified Neapolitan pizza, Pizza 900 in the Theatre Outremont building can't be beat.

The best place to read about food in Montreal, hands down, is the blog shutupandeat.ca.
    The mounties always get their man.

J'aime la cuisine francaise, Le Pégase sur Gilford coin Papineau est mon préféré, et vous apportez votre vin favori... Si vous en avez les moyens, Chez Toqué, une orgie gastronomique miammmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella Laurence View Post
    My recommendation in the Old Port of Montreal:
    295 rue St-Paul Est
    Restaurant L'Autre Version
    I have to add that to my TDL list right after Auberge Saint-Gabriel, which I believe has a similar type of cuisine. I've heard very good things about it

Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by johnybird View Post
    I have to add that to my TDL list right after Auberge Saint-Gabriel, which I believe has a similar type of cuisine. I've heard very good things about it
    Same here! I've been meaning to go for the longest time but I always end up at L'Autre Version lol
    I will most likely try it out in the next month or so and I'll let you know how it was
    Welcome to distinctive exclusivity, exquisite refinement and classic elegance
    www.gabriellalaurence.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella Laurence View Post
    Same here! I've been meaning to go for the longest time but I always end up at L'Autre Version lol
    I will most likely try it out in the next month or so and I'll let you know how it was
    I think i'll do the same, been putting it off for way too long. We'll compare notes

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast