Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: When will SP rates fall like the loonie and barrel of oil?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,253

    When will SP rates fall like the loonie and barrel of oil?

    The loonie has been free falling and closed at below 80 cents.

    Oil prices have been tumbling.

    But SP rates seem to be holding steady at about $200 along with delivery fee extras to offset the "high" price of gas.

    It might be wishful thinking but if gas can be under a dollar then SPs rates can be back to $160.

    This industry can't be that bullet proof to how the economy is going.
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

  2. #2
    Relocated
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    761
    Advertising costs are up, my car insurance has increased. Other expenses like rent and parking aren't dropping. In pretty much every job as people work hard and gain experience, their compensation rises. Why should it be different for SP's? Would you accept a pay decrease at your job because of a weak dollar and low oil prices?

    I was just in Vegas where I was charging $350/h USD and that is on the low end for that market. Montreal girls at $200 are a steal, hobbyists here are very fortunate gentlemen.

  3. #3
    The only correlation for declining provider prices is an increase in unemployment. More otherwise unemployed girls enter the industry and the local guys have less to spend (or are reluctant to spend if their jobs are iffy). The decline in oil prices could increase Canadian unemployment. Hopefully it does not. Personally, I think drastically falling oil prices are a negative, or at least more of a negative than the mindless media lets on.

    A falling currency does not drive down provider prices when travelers are a big part of the john market. Brazil has seen a significant increase in the price for sex. The guys down there blame it on Americans arriving to get more for their money than they used to. Montreal providers are now 20 percent less expensive for Americans. If Americans are a big part of the group of buyers, some providers would consider increasing prices.

  4. #4
    Tianna is absolutely correct. If anything you might see a few more "specials" in the next couple months but I doubt you will notice decreases across the board or as the new norm. You could however see the increase of US visitors for the ladies thus keeping the Montreal scene strong and viable at current rates. Winter is very slow but once spring arrives and into summer I highly doubt prices will see a downward trend.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    It might be wishful thinking but if gas can be under a dollar then SPs rates can be back to $160.
    hmmm I wonder then if Plumbers & Electricians rates will fall as well because of tumbling oil prices, less $ for gas for transportation....I wonder if that will ever happen

  6. #6
    Lily from Montreal
    Guest
    Last time I look escorting was not on Wall street and subject to the volatility of the markets? How can someone think there is a relation between gas and sp offers ?
    It has nothing in common...gold maybe?As in precious and pretty, but gas....hum

  7. #7
    Tianna, I wish I knew you were there. I paid more for a lady I'm sure was not your equal. Lily, like everything else, it's supply and demand. There might be a big supply in Montreal of youngsters looking for a quick easy buck, but the supply of quality ladies (like Lily) is very limited.

  8. #8
    Passionate Hetaera
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    There might be a big supply in Montreal of youngsters looking for a quick easy buck, but the supply of quality ladies (like Lily) is very limited.
    And from the sites I have advertised on there are plenty of girls in Mtl offering $100 services, but you get what you pay for. You want to offer $160, you get $160 service (that isnt a direct attack, "You" is used in the royal way there)

  9. #9
    I expect an increase as people earning in other currencies will find Montreal more attractive. I was planning on enjoying Europe this summer (The Euro is dropping against the USD as well) but lately I have been giving Montreal some more thought.

    And I agree with Tianna, but I would add that Montreal has always been a steal.

  10. #10
    Bemused...
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron View Post
    The only correlation for declining provider prices is an increase in unemployment. More otherwise unemployed girls enter the industry and the local guys have less to spend (or are reluctant to spend if their jobs are iffy). The decline in oil prices could increase Canadian unemployment. Hopefully it does not. Personally, I think drastically falling oil prices are a negative, or at least more of a negative than the mindless media lets on.

    A falling currency does not drive down provider prices when travelers are a big part of the john market. Brazil has seen a significant increase in the price for sex. The guys down there blame it on Americans arriving to get more for their money than they used to. Montreal providers are now 20 percent less expensive for Americans. If Americans are a big part of the group of buyers, some providers would consider increasing prices.
    Please don't propagate this idea, sir. No more price increases. It's been too recent since the bump from 180. In fact, I'd say the market is still in transition. No more changes for a few more years. Please!!

    @TheDon, prices never go down.

  11. #11
    Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by tiannas View Post
    Advertising costs are up, my car insurance has increased. Other expenses like rent and parking aren't dropping. In pretty much every job as people work hard and gain experience, their compensation rises. Why should it be different for SP's? Would you accept a pay decrease at your job because of a weak dollar and low oil prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnybird View Post
    hmmm I wonder then if Plumbers & Electricians rates will fall as well because of tumbling oil prices, less $ for gas for transportation....I wonder if that will ever happen
    Quote Originally Posted by LilyForYou View Post
    Last time I look escorting was not on Wall street and subject to the volatility of the markets? How can someone think there is a relation between gas and sp offers ?
    It has nothing in common...gold maybe?As in precious and pretty, but gas....hum
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMtl View Post

    True, true, true...
    + Tuition fees have increased too
    Exactly!

    The basic living cost and luxury items/services have all gone up over the years (everything has) but yet, for some reason, the Montreal escort market remains stagnant at $160 to $200 per hour and, most times, a slight increase is viewed as the end of the world by some.

    Sadly, there always seems to be a "good" reason as to why rates should be brought down.

    Today's year is 2015... The 1990s are far behind...
    Welcome to distinctive exclusivity, exquisite refinement and classic elegance
    www.gabriellalaurence.com

  12. #12
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    Hello all

    The lanscape in escorting has changed a lot in Montreal in the last 20 years however the prices have been about the same ,if you look a constante dollar it will reveal the real picture

    Vip servicing was $200 per hour in 1996 with minimal hours now you have no minimal hours end still $200
    A inflation calculator will show the difference it should have http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php $200 of 1996 dollars would be worth: $301.66 in 2014

    $200 of 2014 dollars would be worth $132.60 in 1996!

    A strong local business is important for the repeat clients ,tourist is gravy only !



    Cheers




    Booker

  13. #13
    Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Aswert View Post
    To be fair, you can't compare escorting to the "real" jobs. You don't pay taxes on your income.
    To be fair, are you saying that all self-employed business owners don't have real jobs and/or don't pay taxes on their income or is it just an assumption geared towards the sex industry only? If so, why?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie720 View Post
    Raise your rates at your own peril. The real spenders are mobile, and readily move elsewhere. That additional 20 adds up. If only the principle of it. If that happens, for me, I'll return to Europe or stay in Miami.
    I apologize in advance if what I'm about to say offends anyone but it needs to be said: "real spenders", as you put it, don't quiver over a $20 dollar difference.
    Welcome to distinctive exclusivity, exquisite refinement and classic elegance
    www.gabriellalaurence.com

  14. #14
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella Laurence View Post

    I apologize in advance if what I'm about to say offends anyone but it needs to be said: "real spenders", as you put it, don't quiver over a $20 dollar difference.
    Hello Gabriella and all

    I concur ,real spenders are multi-hours booking and sometimes multi girls
    $20 dollars doesn't change anything

    Cheers



    Booker

  15. #15
    Only supply and demand will dictate the equilibrium price. Layoffs announced by Target, Tim Horton, Suncor, Bombardier, CIBC (the list is getting longer day by day) will have a substantial effect on the unemployment rate. Demand will be affected because in uncertain time, people (even those who have a job) start cutting their hobbies and luxury items.
    The outlook for the Cdn economy is not rosy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •