• Chicago White Sox

16 59.26%
  • Huston Astros

11 40.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Series: Astros vs White Sox

I do all my own stunts

World Series: Astros vs White Sox

So what will it be? The first time in a World Series Huston Astros or the neglected since the infamous Black Sox incident Chicago White Sox and in how many games?

And one last one, Does anyone care? When the White Sox can not get Chicago exicited how the heck are they going to get the rest of the country excited?

I'm taking the Sox in 6, I just think their pitching staff is unbreakable. 4 complete games in the ALCS rom their pitching staff, now match that.

The floor is opne for discussion
    Last edited by Canadian Joe 652; 10-20-2005 at 08:51 PM.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore: All progress depends on the unreasonable man!

[George Bernard Shaw, 1903]

Talking Fitting end.

I'll take the Sox in 7. I want to see snow in Chicago for the final game.

proud infidel

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by HonestAbe
    I'll take the Sox in 7. I want to see snow in Chicago for the final game.
    same here
    fml

I'll go against the majority here. Astros in 7. That would make it the 4th consecutive WS to be won by a wild card team.
    A demander: une cochonne Quebecoise ou Allemande avec qui le sol se derobe sous mes pieds!

No predictions here either but I will be rooting for the Astros - 1) I always root for an NL team and 2) I like Clemens.

Spin

White Sox win game 1.

I hope the Astros win.

45 years without a World Series appearance is way too long.

They're like the surrogate Expos.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Darcy,

The White Sox have been without a World Series appearance for 46 years which is longer. So by your rationale the White Sox should win!

I do all my own stunts

Lost me

R,

What?????

By the way the Astros had never been to a World Series, this is their first, yet I agree with EB, I think that as far as waiting as a measure of deserving a WS comes, the White Sox can only be trumped today by the Cubs which ae not there anyway.

I still stand behind the Sox, The pitching staff of the Sox will have to have a metldown for them not to win and honestly it is not likely.
    Last edited by Canadian Joe 652; 10-23-2005 at 04:47 PM.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by regnad
    I see from the poll about that the White Sox are playing the Huston Astros.

May I assume that Walter is pitching, John is catching, and Angelica is at shortstop?
    And Sam Houston's the coach
    fml

White Sox get Game 2

Konerko's Grand Slam will go down in World Series memories. I like how the Astros tied it in the 9th. Kept up the suspense, but the WS were inevitably going to win.

I do all my own stunts

The Sox or the Officials

Although I'm backing the Sox i wonder if the series is 2 - 0 because of the Sox or because of the officials?

Yesterday it was the clearly in the glove strike out which was call by the umpire a loss ball after he thought the ball hit the ground on the swing of the Sox hitter, the Astros go to the dogout the hitter gets to first and is call safe later to score.

Tonight is the ball that hit the bat of Uribe and not Uribe himself (as the review shows) yet the umpire call it a batters hit amd gave Uribe first after 2 outs on what turn out to be the decisive inning for the Sox.

Is it luck?, faith? or bad calling?, you decide, the Sox leave Chicago with what they wanted 2 in the bag and the Astros now have a very tough climb to make in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Darcy,

The White Sox have been without a World Series appearance for 46 years which is longer. So by your rationale the White Sox should win!
    Not really! Maybe it has been longer, but the White Sox have won before. The Astros have never even been to the World Series, and they have had their share of heartbreak. I still remember that extra inning classic against the Mets back in 1986. Great game, but a heartbreaking loss.

The White Sox have been mostly mediocre during the last many years. A curse from throwing the 1919 World Series? If you believe in curses, then maybe.

In any event, it's nice having two teams in the World Series not named Red Sox or Yankees!

And speaking of heartbreaking losses, you can add last night's game to the list.

I do all my own stunts

Agree

Darcy,

I agree with you, in fact with the lost The way it happend, the umpire decisions and then the heart break of loosing on a HR in the 9th, the Astros will have to show great mental fortitude tomorrow even if it is in Houston.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast