Thread: Recommendation on clubs/bars/lounges

Recommendation on clubs/bars/lounges

Hi All,

I am heading up next weekend with a few buddies and was hoping somone can recommend some hip bars/lounges in the Downtown area. Somewhere hopefully with a mid 20's crowd from the local colleges

thanks

Go on Crescent between St-Catherine et de Maisonneuve.
    De la Crescent is located west of University or Place Ville-Marie.

Lot of choice overthere. Mc Gill and Concordia are within the area

Veteran of Misadventures
    Boston,

Definitely Crescent Street, plenty of choices there, on the block noted by the prior poster. Crescent Street is where the Anglos party, St. Denis is where the Francophones party.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston
    Hi All,

I am heading up next weekend with a few buddies and was hoping somone can recommend some hip bars/lounges in the Downtown area. Somewhere hopefully with a mid 20's crowd from the local colleges

thanks
    You will find good place almost everywhere You just pick the wrong time of the year We are getting ready for a long winter

Although Crescent is a good spot to head to, you might want to venture to St.Laurent street instead - I personally prefer the ambiance offered by the clubs away from Crescent. For the most part I find Crescent to be WAY too young (except Thursdays). However, it all depends on the kind of music you like, the crowd you prefer, etc...

Here are some of my favorite spots where you just might run into me:

Juice Nightclub - More house mixes than anything

Orchid Nightlounge - G-Spot Fridays rule!! - here is the flier for that weekly event http://images.clubzone.com/events/im...2298/12298.jpg

The 1234 nightclub on de la Montagne is quite nice too (the address is 1234 de la Montagne

Another new place (well, technically new, but used to Blu) is the Roxy - where a good friend of mine DJs on Friday nights... it is located on Stanley, above Ste.Catherine.

I also like Thursdays and occasionally hop into my young vibe and run into Sir Winstons, I am not saying that the clubs on St-Laurent are much older, but Crescent street tends to attract the newly qualified to drink crowd, whereas St.Laurent is a bit more, hmmm, sophisticated - sometimes in the bad way, where you cannot get into a club because you don't know the DJ (I am lucky enough to know most of them!)

Montreal is a great place to party, regardless of the season, so you cannot go wrong... have a great time here

Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by Boston
    Hi All,

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MySP_love
    Although Crescent is a good spot to head to, you might want to venture to St.Laurent street instead - I personally prefer the ambiance offered by the clubs away from Crescent. For the most part I find Crescent to be WAY too young (except Thursdays). However, it all depends on the kind of music you like, the crowd you prefer, etc...

Here are some of my favorite spots where you just might run into me:

Juice Nightclub - More house mixes than anything

Orchid Nightlounge - G-Spot Fridays rule!! - here is the flier for that weekly event http://images.clubzone.com/events/im...2298/12298.jpg

The 1234 nightclub on de la Montagne is quite nice too (the address is 1234 de la Montagne

Another new place (well, technically new, but used to Blu) is the Roxy - where a good friend of mine DJs on Friday nights... it is located on Stanley, above Ste.Catherine.

I also like Thursdays and occasionally hop into my young vibe and run into Sir Winstons, I am not saying that the clubs on St-Laurent are much older, but Crescent street tends to attract the newly qualified to drink crowd, whereas St.Laurent is a bit more, hmmm, sophisticated - sometimes in the bad way, where you cannot get into a club because you don't know the DJ (I am lucky enough to know most of them!)

Montreal is a great place to party, regardless of the season, so you cannot go wrong... have a great time here

Melanie
    Oui tu peux avoir du plaisir toute l"année Mais pour sa premiere visite il a quand meme manquer toute la saison des festivals