Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Bio

Banned

Indy Bio

Gentlemen,

I would like to have your opinion on this subject. Small detail, but still... To me it's a lack of respect on people intelligence:

When a girl says that she is 21 years old, she is bachelor educated and she is touring... It does not fit all together, don't you think ???

• Graduating with a bachelor degree at 21 years old, that means you did your degree full speed no break... It rarely happened these days. Most of the time, students do work and take 4 or 5 years to do their bachelor degree. So 2 years of CEGEP + 4-5 years of university that brings you to 23-24 years old....
    • If you are currently doing your bachelor degree and traveling as an Indy.... that is impossible...

So why not simply mention the truth...

My opinion.

People like to add fluff to their resume to impress some, the non gullible ones can not be fooled. She should have just left it as touring student and all would have been the same business wise.
    She could have been extremely smart and skipped a grade or two, possible buy unlikely.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

A " touring girl " is more likely to be from Ontario or another province than from QC
    In Ontario:
    Primary + Secondary schooling = 12 years. Finish by age 17 or 18
    B.A. degree = 3 years in a college or university. Finish by age 20 or 21.

So I find this description credible.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvs-mssgs View Post
    A " touring girl " is more likely to be from Ontario or another province than from QC
    In Ontario:
    Primary + Secondary schooling = 12 years. Finish by age 17 or 18
    B.A. degree = 3 years in a college or university. Finish by age 20 or 21.
    BA would be 4 years after high school in Ontario.
    In Quebec, 3 years after CEGEP.

That said, finishing a BA by 21 or 22 is more the rule than the exception.

I took two years off to take acid and smoke a lot of dope, and still finished by the time I was 23.

That said, why does this matter?
    The mounties always get their man.

It is possible, but anything is possible I suppose. 21 or 22 would be the normal age with a full load of coursework. I can tell you though that I have met many indies that claim in their bio that they have their degree, but during the course of our encounter, discover that she is still working towards it. Its a little exaggeration. Sometimes they will use the term 'university educated' even though the university education is still on-going, but its less of a lie than saying you already have your degree. I can understand your concern though as education is an important factor in longer meetings.

My other indy bio peeves are plagiarism (they copy from each other) and claims like "I cater to elite and upscale gentlemen" and "I cater to the elite upper echelons of society". Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstone View Post

My other indy bio peeves are plagiarism (they copy from each other) and claims like "I cater to elite and upscale gentlemen" and "I cater to the elite upper echelons of society". Classy.
    They do sound the same after a while, don't they? I started to read "I cater to elite and upscale gentlemen" as "Don't think you're going to show up smelling like pot and liquor and think you're going to treat me like shit for an hour". When I first got into hobbying, I thought that actually meant that she only saw rich guys, but being clean and nice works. Rich guys, middle-class guys & poor guys all pay the same rate. I saw one indy's web site that listed her likes and dislikes. Now, normally SP's will write something like, "Likes: nice guys; Dislikes: Macho, smelly guys", but this indy, after dislikes, wrote, "Roller coasters." I thought that was so funny that I wanted to see her based on that alone, but she left the biz before I could call her!

Bemused...
    Quote Originally Posted by grenouilleforever View Post
    Gentlemen,

I would like to have your opinion on this subject. Small detail, but still... To me it's a lack of respect on people intelligence:

When a girl says that she is 21 years old, she is bachelor educated and she is touring... It does not fit all together, don't you think ???

So why not simply mention the truth...

My opinion.
    I got my bachelors in 2 years. Hmmmmm, maybe she's just a smart girl. Who is this smart girl? MERB wants to know. I like smart girls!

The thing is though its a pile of crap. The ones that make it seem they only cater to hedge fund managers and royalty tend to be the most classless and tacky. When booking an HDH, that kind of language has become a warning flag. You can say that you cater to respectful gentlemen with good hygiene without being snobby.

But outright plagiarism does happen. 'Cater to the elite upper echelons', 'i am an epicurean...', ' I date for kicks, so what's your excuse' are all phrases copied and pasted across different indy bios. The next time you feel you have read something before, google it and you will discover you have.

I know it, rollingstone. I've read plenty of bios, too. I think that the ladies who really only want to see hedge fund managers price themselves up. I know of one indy in NYC who charges $2,000/hr!! I don't know who goes to see her, but I'm not going to be one of them. But, yes, you can read 15 indy bios straight and still realize that you don't know anything about them. Maybe the phrase "upscale gentlemen" is overused, but like I said, I started to read that more as "nice guy who isn't a street hood" or something. I really don't think about it anymore. If women are trying to discourage certain guys from seeing them, it might not be all that bad. Can you imagine arranging a sexual encounter with a stranger who is twice your weight, a foot taller, and probably five times stronger than you? I don't mind it if ladies are a little careful.

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Greetings all

Your Page Must Have the Words You Think People Will Search For
    Besides the title tag, if you want your website to feature in Google's results when someone searches for a set of words, say "Widget X", those words must actually occur on your page. Think about it from the point of view of a search engine. If you don't put the words "Widget X" somewhere on the page, how is the search engine supposed to know that the page deals with that topic? The search engine is not a human being who can draw inferences from the general tone and content of the page. Even if it can handle some synonyms, you're going to compete with other sites who have specifically placed those words on their site.
    http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/google.shtml

I remember 2-3 years ago their was in Montreal a Indy website better rank then agencies ,she said it in her bio that she was doing the SEO by herself.
    Bright lady I must say

Cheers

Booker

Banned
    Thanks everyone, it is very interesting to see different point of views done respectfully...

For my part, my experience brought me to believe that many students these days are extending their studies due to their lifestyle that is not compatible with full time study... I do have many friends that are either SP or MP and they will graduate at 24-25 years old.

Young men that play football in university are also taking the minimum courses, in order to focus on their traiining to perform in football.

Personnaly my son, did all his school in Quebec (12 years), no CEGEP and went to university and he will be graduating with his Master degree at 22 years old, which is fairly the shortest way you can do and he never failed any classes nor a year (his program is a promotion by year, by failing one course, you have to re-do the whole year).

I'd rather see a person that will describe herself as closer as possible as she is... Then for me, I know that we are starting on a good base. But on the other hand, putting a little extra on your bio, does not mean that you are not a nice person. Quickly you will see how nice the person is.

Many thanks to all of you,

Note: No Il will not put any name, but I've seen it many times in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by grenouilleforever View Post
    I'd rather see a person that will describe herself as closer as possible as she is... Then for me, I know that we are starting on a good base. But on the other hand, putting a little extra on your bio, does not mean that you are not a nice person. Quickly you will see how nice the person is.
    We're talking about an industry that is based on lies. The honesty is how you treat one another when you're together! Sounds corny, I know, but I think it's true!

Good luck to your son, grenouille!

Relocated
    Oh, how I dislike writing bios and ads. I like doing website design, but I struggle with the content. I write honestly and try not be be cliche, but it all does kind of sound the same really. It can be so difficult to let your personality shine through in a few short paragraphs!

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMtl View Post
    Do you guys really do read the bio part?

I was convinced most of you (95%) skip it...
    I read them, but they do all sound alike. I really don't mind. I have to understand that you're trying to reveal a little about yourself & remain anonymous at the same time. It's an interesting balancing act.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast