Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Is the SP/MP scene depressed?

  1. #1

    Is the SP/MP scene depressed?

    I find there are less ads, MPs and SPs telling me things have been slow for the last year. Less choices and less clients. Even less people visiting sites like MERB. What does it look like from where you sit?

  2. #2
    Agreed. 15 years ago there were a lot of gnd exploring the industry. They were young, clean and simple. I miss this era.

  3. #3
    A poor corrupt official
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Casablanca
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Richard Branson View Post
    What does it look like from where you sit?
    With respect to the outcall escort business--as good or better than ever. Even C-36 does not seem to have affected the outcall escort industry in Montreal. That's my impression based on experience dating back to 2000.

    In real terms prices are about the same (maybe 5-10% higher). Information, if you know how to sift through it, is more plentiful and useful than ever. There's no shortage of attractive working girls. Service levels can vary, but they always have, so choose carefully and keep in mind that there are no guarantees. So yeah, right now, these are the good old days.
    Strasser: By the way, the murder of the couriers, what has been done?
    Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.
    Heinze: We already know who the murderer is.
    Strasser: Good. Is he in custody?
    Renault: Oh, there's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's.

  4. #4
    Relocated
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Aswert View Post
    I guess they should bring down the prices if the demand isn't strong
    Or better yet, go where the demand is. Prices are already low enough here, and there are no shortage of low-end girls available.
    Touring and/or relocation to cities with higher demand and higher prices seems like a better option in my opinion.

    Honestly, it does seem slower than last year. But I took a quick look at the stats on my website, and 200 more people have visited my site this month than in the same period last year. So there are people out there looking. I have noticed some girls have stopped advertising here on merb. Could be because it's getting pricey, they have increased the rates for independents over 30% in the past few months.
    I have lost some customers because of the new laws. One of my American friends who regularly drove up to see me told me directly he would not come anymore because of the law.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal Island
    Posts
    1,348
    My personal observation goes way beyond that industry... generally speaking the economy is not solidly stable, companies are keeping lots of money (available) in case of bad period (instead of investing), so I see lots of financial insecurity and I believe that it does impact spending habit, which also impact that business...

    I do not think that prices are too high, considering those factors; fuel price, inflation rate (hotel), or real estate (MP)... Some Indys are a bit higher, but that was also the case and it's a choice...

    And I do not see the end of that cycle....

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gotta love Montreal
    Posts
    333
    If the demand is lower, than agency should step up to beat the other players. I dont see much innovation in advertising, where this should be the main strategy. And I think they should, like lougazebo said, concentrate on keeping regulars (Because I believe this is where the $ is and this is what the ladies prefers) by being more aggressive or not just book the lady and than goodbye. Asking how was the rdv would be a good start... Not much agency does that. When the customers feels the company "cares" about him, he will most likely come back instead of going elswhere.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal Island
    Posts
    1,348
    Martin at Asservissante is very strong on customer service... hard to beat...

    Keep in mind, guys are guys... even tough they like to meet regulars... they like to see new girls, and lotalty is not one of the dominant aspect by guys in that hobby... me first... I never choose an agency.... I choose a lady, and if she changes agency, then I switch too...

    But the economic fundamental are not there at this time, and way too often I have to postponed a rendez-vous because, I am very careful with my money...

    If I would have lots of money, then it would be a daily rendez-vous.... and I have few names in mind...


    Quote Originally Posted by Handi View Post
    If the demand is lower, than agency should step up to beat the other players. I dont see much innovation in advertising, where this should be the main strategy. And I think they should, like lougazebo said, concentrate on keeping regulars (Because I believe this is where the $ is and this is what the ladies prefers) by being more aggressive or not just book the lady and than goodbye. Asking how was the rdv would be a good start... Not much agency does that. When the customers feels the company "cares" about him, he will most likely come back instead of going elswhere.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gotta love Montreal
    Posts
    333
    But what if custumers service of an agency is very strong and you dont feel like a number + every ladies of the agency are beautiful and have been really really nice with you and the booker knows your taste, and it is pretty much a sure bet every booking you make with him, why would you go elsewhere? Its a win win... Unless you see 4+ ladies a month, I think one agency can take care of most of regulars needs in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by grenouilleforever View Post
    Martin at Asservissante is very strong on customer service... hard to beat...

    Keep in mind, guys are guys... even tough they like to meet regulars... they like to see new girls, and lotalty is not one of the dominant aspect by guys in that hobby... me first... I never choose an agency.... I choose a lady, and if she changes agency, then I switch too...

    But the economic fundamental are not there at this time, and way too often I have to postponed a rendez-vous because, I am very careful with my money...

    If I would have lots of money, then it would be a daily rendez-vous.... and I have few names in mind...

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal Island
    Posts
    1,348
    I agree that if an agency has a great policy, great offers, great team, great customer service that would certainly help... But there are men that see ladies every day, and some see ladies twice a day...

    My philophy in life is simple.... win-win is always the best... in business, ini personal relationship, ...

    I do see ladies more than 4 times a month, and I consider myself as a junior hobbyist... I do not think that any agency would survive with only guys like me...



    Quote Originally Posted by Handi View Post
    But what if custumers service of an agency is very strong and you dont feel like a number + every ladies of the agency are beautiful and have been really really nice with you and the booker knows your taste, and it is pretty much a sure bet every booking you make with him, why would you go elsewhere? Its a win win... Unless you see 4+ ladies a month, I think one agency can take care of most of regulars needs in my opinion.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gotta love Montreal
    Posts
    333
    Twice a day? Really? Haha ok than my strategy wouldnt work. But for some regulars it would for sure. It worked for me the past few months I have been using 1 agency + indys only.
    For guy who sees 10+ ladys a month, well i believe the only key factor would be the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by grenouilleforever View Post
    I agree that if an agency has a great policy, great offers, great team, great customer service that would certainly help... But there are men that see ladies every day, and some see ladies twice a day...

    My philophy in life is simple.... win-win is always the best... in business, ini personal relationship, ...

    I do see ladies more than 4 times a month, and I consider myself as a junior hobbyist... I do not think that any agency would survive with only guys like me...

  11. #11
    Relocated
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSam View Post
    I enjoyed "after-sale service" from some indies and one agency .
    So I am wondering, how many clients really want to hear from their independent provider after a meeting? What about that famous quote about escorts, "I pay them to go away"? Because I've always been respectful of my clients privacy, and I haven't wanted to bug them. I haven't wanted to send unsolicited texts as I don't want to catch them at a bad time. But there are certainly some clients with whom I would like to stay in touch, and I do want them to know that I'd like to repeat.

  12. #12
    Lily from Montreal
    Guest
    I am always happy when I get emails from the gentlemen I met in between meeting but unless they tell me it is fine to write I would never initiate contact and never by text..
    I have a regular who once told me to write him when I wanted to see him and I just cannot do that...Too afraid to cause problem...
    I guess I would be the one to stand on the side at dances because I will not ask you to dance...

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Hello all,

    Quote Originally Posted by tiannas View Post
    So I am wondering, how many clients really want to hear from their independent provider after a meeting? What about that famous quote about escorts, "I pay them to go away"?
    It's a very cold and callous statement. On the whole though it's about being real about the business relationship and avoiding entanglement. I was always happy to receive follow up responses after the meetings. However, it's got to be handled on a very individual basis under carefully controlled conditions of personal privacy. I don't have anyone living around me to expose what I do and I used only one very specifically intended email for that purpose. I suggest to the ladies that if they are interested in further responses to ask the client if he wants that. Of course you ladies would have to be careful you are picking the right kind of guy who won't make your situation risky for exposure/embarrassment.

    Quote Originally Posted by lougazebo View Post
    that's what I call appreciation.
    A very underrated part of the escort experience. While a lot of guys want the lady to be unheard from afterward until the next meeting, a lot of others would like a smal discreet note of appreciation like the ladies often would like in return.

    Cheers,

    Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 05-27-2015 at 12:10 PM. Reason: complete phrase

  14. #14
    Original Dude
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    3,709
    I don't think its any lower personally. There seem to be a couple good new agencies. The old players are still alive and kicking...

    If anything my list of potential meeting is as large as ever, the difference being now its more or less spread across many different agencies compared to the 2 previous years where it was mainly 1 or 2 and thats it. I could name 10 ladies im interest in seeing at this very moment , some indies, more in agencies, and i will probably be able to make only 2 or 3 at the very best trips in MTL until october. So in my case the choice is not missing.

    The only difference i guess now is that its all new girls im interested in seeing. My "regulars" for a lack of a better term are either on break, retirement or "off the grid" for various reasons.

    On a different note, i am trying to lower my trips tough as i have a bunch of stuff i want to do this summer/fall and i got to save money. Summer is also more expensive, this is harder to book both the hotel and the ladies (demand is highter) so i tend to come more often in winter. I am not really bothered by the cold personally, but i do like the variety of a summer/winter set up.
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    4,736
    I was at Vp1 and within a group I heard Sp's mentioning that it was slow ( combination of C36 and economy ) and were hoping that things pick up.
    As for Sp's or agencies contacting me for a follow up ( unless it is right after the appointment - agency )... NO. Just my preference, to me it would be the same as my mechanic calling if my car was OK, if it needs work I will give a call and if I want to try a different mechanic to fix a technical issue I may do that also.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •