Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: The Scene is very different now, isn't it?

  1. #1

    The Scene is very different now, isn't it?

    I have taken some serious time off from these activities. I used to do this for fun and I remember when there were many attractive escorts in Montreal. Perhaps the different exposures since leaving the city have significantly altered my standards, but in the last few days (I will not be mentioning names) I have been very disappointed with the scene. I've met escorts that look like street walkers and their images do not resemble them at all, once upon a time perhaps.

    I don't know why some individuals will state that Z is a 10 when that person would easily be rated a 3 and not just by me. A circumstance of low self esteem? The rare event where a female will pay attention to them? These are just possibilities.

    I am writing this post because I know that at some point a naïve individual will come to MERB and actually consider many of the escorts reviews to be true. When in fact many of them are the furthest thing from it. People used to rave about Marie-Eve from Asservissante , she was ok. I think the only review that I read that was ever true involved Rebeka Anderson or the original FKS team. Otherwise, take every single review you read on this board with a tons of salt and consider the perspective and the circumstance of the individual who wrote it.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Da of the Dasein
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Collingridge View Post
    I am writing this post because I know that at some point a naïve individual will come to MERB and actually consider many of the escorts reviews to be true. When in fact many of them are the furthest thing from it. [...] Otherwise, take every single review you read on this board with a tons of salt and consider the perspective and the circumstance of the individual who wrote it.
    A very popular escort in Montreal once said to me that most of the reviewers were always embellishing the reality in their post when they were "reporting" their session(s) with her.

    However, there is a point where I disagree with you Collingridge: It is not a new trend.

    In general, what is lacking on the reviews is a genuine (unbiased) critical sense. Since the beginning of Merb (I'm on this forum since 2003) most reviewers see the world through rose-colored glasses.
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

    Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

  3. #3
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    There is down cycles in almost every industry ,some explainable others not ,escorts is not any different .



    Cheers





    Booker

  4. #4
    I’m not sure what your standards are for an attractive SP or your reasons for seeing one is, and I really have no idea how different the scene was like even as little as a year ago. So my opinions is solely based on the women I have been fortunate enough to spend time with.

    Everybody’s perception of these ladies is going to be different, as much as they are different we are different as well. Our experiences with them will vary, sometimes greatly, based on chemistry, comfort level and attitude, I guess that’s why YMMV is an acronym in this industry.

    Not everyone has the same tastes and not everyone that writes a positive review, that you strongly disagree with, makes their judgement or goes to see an Escort because they have low self esteem or that they just want a woman to pay attention to them. You can’t assume that there is something wrong with men that state that ‘Z’ is a 10 when you would rate them a 3.

    Yes there are a lot of reviews that embellish or exaggerate, some are really obvious. Most reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, but there are some that you’re able to read between the lines and some that are simply 100% honest.. (I’m only basing this on the reviews I’ve read of women I’ve seen). There have been times where I’ve met with a lady and she wasn’t what I expected or my experience varied from what i read (good or bad) but they have all been great experiences overall.

    I've definitely experienced first dates that weren't accurate to what I read (not necessarily bad) but as time went on and I got to know the person and they got to know me some of my experiences exceeded what I had read

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Collingridge View Post
    I don't know why some individuals will state that Z is a 10 when that person would easily be rated a 3 and not just by me. A circumstance of low self esteem? The rare event where a female will pay attention to them? These are just possibilities.
    I have seen some of this, but not a lot. I think in the cases of possible shills you have to wait for a girl to have more reviews. I haven't been to Montreal in a year, but I think agencies allow you to refuse girls. I know I was given a hard time for doing this by one agency, but they sent another girl to my liking.

    I personally think I have good taste. I liked this girl Karin from LFMJ, she worked around 2004 to 2008. To me she had classic beauty and she was very good in bed with a very good attitude. She had very few other reviewers. I have no idea why. Maybe guys who saw her were not on here, or guys just didn't want to review her, but she had no trouble being kept busying.

    I also remember a girl named Kim (late 1990s, early 2000s) who guys raved about. I forget the agency. It may have been xxxtase, but I don't remember. I met her once and was wondering what guys were raving about. She was cute, but no where were guys raved about her. Also, Coralie from LFMJ (late 1990s) who quickly went independent. You had to email her a time and place. She was not accessible by phone. When I saw her, I felt taken. She was average looks and she certainly was not a warm person. I classify her as a technical gfe because she only did what she was expected to do because it was expected of her. Her rate was 50% higher than the agency fee. I have also seen girls who I thought were hot and other guys in reviews also thought so. It's like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.
    So when will Hillary go to Prison?

    Only the Democrats would have a potential CONVICT as their Top Presidential Candidate. Simply Pathetic

  6. #6
    The main difference between now and say 10 to 15 years ago is the influence of the internet.
    Its more competitive. Service is more liberal and there are a lot more girls in the mid price range .
    As far as looks go.....you can find some very pretty girls if you do your homework and attend GT`s.

  7. #7
    Bemused...
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Collingridge View Post
    I don't know why some individuals will state that Z is a 10 when that person would easily be rated a 3 and not just by me. A circumstance of low self esteem? The rare event where a female will pay attention to them? These are just possibilities.
    You should take care what you use for an unknown variable or wildcard... There is a Z in Montreal today, and she is absolutely a 10!

    I can't say I agree with you. Hobby tastes and reviews, exaggerations aside, will always be subjective. I may indeed think that Z is a 10, and you think she's a 3. And we can both be right, to each our own tastes.

    But, to the degree that I think I have decent taste, if you think the quality today is significantly worse than 10 years ago, I think you're dead wrong. Maybe you haven't been trying the right agencies or indies. Maybe you're conflating agency with SP? 10 years ago, you just had to call Eleganza and you knew you would have fun. I don't think there's an agency like that today. Euphoria may give it a run, and bravo, but a big TBD if it can achieve anywhere near the longevity and consistency of experience. Vogue is another great agency, where quality trumps quantity. Today, you have to do some work and research and vetting to make sure. Otherwise, you take a crapshoot like everyone else, and it is what it is. 10 years ago, you had the spreadsheet, today you have MERB, TER and other sources. If you care enough, you'll go across all the sources and compare and contrast. And you've always had to read between the lines. You can't expect anyone to spoon feed you - come on, man. Stop being lazy, and if you haven't already... well, maybe it's too late to learn the skill of reading between the lines...

    To sync on quality, I 100% agree with you on 'Notorious K.I.M.' - so many great raving reviews, and I just didn't get it. Katryna Klein as well, a 7 in looks maybe, gents pushed her ranking higher because of her services? Daryn at Eleganza a few years back - I think she was very average looking, crazy service, but average looking. I care about a total score - beauty, body, service skill and service attitude. There were definitely 9's 10 years ago. BUT, I can assure you there are 9's today. I don't give out 10's for that score, so 8 is already great/elite. I count no less than five or six 8's or higher in Montreal right now. I would gladly find any excuse to come up here to play. Sad, but true. I absolutely stand behind my position that Montreal is the best place right this instant, in the world, to hobby. My spend has basically become focused to here only, now. My 'home' booker is pretty much ready to disown me, because it's been so long, I'm almost un-vetted... And I just realized with this post how long it's been since I was in LA... Fuck...

    Maybe I concede you this: 10 years ago, I only dabbled. This past year has been my longest hobby streak ever, and it's embarrassing how much I have hobbied, a sad reflection on my dating life. But the hit rate was remarkably higher 10 years ago. But there are still gems here today!! In fact, I might even say in math terms, we're at a 'local maximum' in Montreal today, in terms of quality and quantity. No complaints from me.

    Cheers,
    W

    PS. Also, your standards are bound to go higher. Let's hope they do. I know mine did. So keep that in mind too when you start getting all nostalgic and whiny...

  8. #8
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,822
    Wolfie, i totally agree with your entire post. I couldn't have said it any better, including your remarks on some of the former sps you mentionned.

  9. #9
    I agree with you Wolfie. I have hobbied all over the world and I would say that Montreal is a little more expensive (a bargain compared to the US) but the girls are consistantly the best GFE girls that I have met.

    I looked back at Collinridge's last 10 posts or so. This one says it all:

    https://merb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...l=1#post381122

    This is the closest thing to a review this guy has ever written. He has a lot of nerve coming on here with a post like this for a guy that says "I rarely engage in the hobby and I am yet to review a girl yet..."

    And by the way, I saw Leah back in 2007 and she was one of the best dressed ever and the service was phenominal. I tipped her which I rarely do and I tried to see her again on the way out that trip...I wish her attire that day (Black tube dress and stiletto heels) was adopted as the Montreal uniform. However, there is no way that an SP can be all things to all people and Leah told me she didn't like guys that groped her before she got in the door....I'm not saying that is Collingswood, but she didn't click with everyone.

    I guess what I am saying is that Collingswood is either just a trouble maker that doesn't post reviews or an imposter from the Blue board. Maybe your heart is in the right place but you just don't know what you are talking about.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    4,736
    I have only been in this for 6 years and the first 2 were a waste of time as I was a backpage/stripper take out person who never got his monies worth, then I found MERC & MERB in that order. For reviews on looks it is very subjective and pay no attention to that, I have yet to see a 10 or a hard 9 either in looks for a SP but to me looks is not important. For service it is all YMMV and from reviews and knowing the reviewer I can get a good idea of what to expect.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie7 View Post
    But, to the degree that I think I have decent taste, if you think the quality today is significantly worse than 10 years ago, I think you're dead wrong. Maybe you haven't been trying the right agencies or indies. Maybe you're conflating agency with SP? 10 years ago, you just had to call Eleganza and you knew you would have fun. I don't think there's an agency like that today. Euphoria may give it a run, and bravo, but a big TBD if it can achieve anywhere near the longevity and consistency of experience. Vogue is another great agency, where quality trumps quantity. Today, you have to do some work and research and vetting to make sure.
    About Eleganza, John, the owner, always had an attitude with me. He acted like he was always doing me a favor by taking my call. His girls hardly worked. Okay, he had some hot, good providing girls, but it was an effort to make appointments especially if they were mostly booked. So I have learned to do research on my own using this board and going to places where I had good luck. Back 10 years ago, I had some luck with LFMJ, xxxtase, sometimes Devilish and then GOF, asservissante, temptations (predecessor of Girls4U), montreal girlfriends, and I had my disappointments with all of them also. I am glad there are a couple of real good go to agencies that are emerging like Vogue and Euphoria. Hopefully, it will be a trend.
    So when will Hillary go to Prison?

    Only the Democrats would have a potential CONVICT as their Top Presidential Candidate. Simply Pathetic

  12. #12
    Yes, he had an attitude with me at times. His recommendations were spot on and his girls typically delivered as promised. After the fact, when the date was done and the girl and I killed a bottle of wine, I might call John to tell him about a great experience with a particular girl and then he would lighten up and laugh a little. He liked to hear a good progress report on his girls. I ventured out too DD. I think you have to force yourself to do that from time-to-time as quality assurance.

  13. #13
    Personally, I think the "scene" right now is as good as it has ever been all things considered. Life is what you make it, boyzzz

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Life is what you make it, boyzzz
    Amen to that!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Collingridge View Post
    People used to rave about Marie-Eve from Asservissante , she was ok.
    I was leaning toward wholeheartedly agreeing with your post until you had to mention the one and only Marie-Eve from Asservissante. The greatest escort Montreal ever witnessed .You say 'she was ok' - Maybe your mean her looks? I doubt that anybody in here ever described Marie-Eve as a Miss Canada contender. She was 7-7.5 out of 10 on looks alone. A GND type. I personally did not like her plastic tits.

    But based on her performance, attitude, enthusiasm,sensuality, fun personality, friendliness, the lady was a 10+. And she always delivered even if you were her 5 th client of the night. The lady is a legend. I bedded 1000's of women from all over the world. I can honestly say she is in my top 3 of all times.

    Next time, pick another lady to make your point (I can think of at least dozens overrated MERB reviewed ladies) whom I got heat for reviewing them negatively.
    Liberals have destroyed both the US and Canada.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •