Thread: Is there a lot of tourist around Montreal this year?

Is there a lot of tourist around Montreal this year?

They seem to be all over the place.

Yep. The US economy is strong and the dollar is soaring (which plants the seeds for both to go the other way when imports increase and exports decline, but not too digress). There was an article in the WSJ a few weeks ago about how they are training Europeans on how to manage crowds, keep lines moving, and deal with Americans traveling there for the first time - particularly clueless groups of girls with selfie sticks. I hate selfies sticks, if for no other reason that groups of hot girls never ask the guy (me) who is leering at them to use their camera to take their picture.

@ patron...the later part of what you wrote...now that was funny!

Bemused...
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron View Post
    I hate selfies sticks, if for no other reason that groups of hot girls never ask the guy (me) who is leering at them to use their camera to take their picture.
    LOL.

It's not just Americans though. Asians are just as annoying, maybe worse with those things, and the Chinese have zero manners. Americans, though annoying, can still be shamed into behaving civil.

Lily from Montreal
    So many lost tourists that yesterday I gave directions downtomn,and those who know me know how scary that thought is (I have no sense of directions lol,
    I hope they understood my english because they were chinese and it is the one who has the most difficulty to understand me ,and vice versa...
    It was a bit sad under the rain,all those tourists lost in the road repairs, construction is a pain...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie7 View Post
    LOL.

It's not just Americans though. Asians are just as annoying, maybe worse with those things, and the Chinese have zero manners. Americans, though annoying, can still be shamed into behaving civil.
    Well, jeez! At least we're not the only annoying people in the world...