Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Rant: Uncalled for negative reviews of MERB Independents

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    59

    Rant: Uncalled for negative reviews of MERB Independents

    Every day I either reminisce about our last encounter or fantasize about our next rendezvous. She is what my dreams are made of and I’m highly protective of anyone who completes my existence. It really burns me when I see anything negative written about an Independent especially from noobs that haven’t gotten past the initial screening and booking process regardless of what might be at fault. Before writing petty negative remarks in an otherwise glowing review thread! Please consider how your remarks might affect your chances of ever meeting any of the wonderful MERB independents who are highly protective of their reputations.

    I can’t believe MERB independents aren’t all increasing their rates to stem the flow of newbies that don’t understand how screening and pre-booking works or the cost of cancellations at the last moment. I for one am already paying more than the asking rate just because she’s worth far more than her advertised rates. Don’t get me wrong, I believe that negative reviews are important but rarely do you see them for the pros and successful indies.

    Here’s a tip for booking with an independent: Make sure you have seen and written some reviews, start with agencies as they generally use little or no screening. Now choose a date that you can guarantee to keep that matches the indie’s schedule, now send an email or PM with the info and put your best self forward. Wait patiently for a reply and if you don’t hear try again in a couple of weeks when you can find another date that works. Just don’t book a plan B for the same date because if the gods are on your side you’re going to disappoint someone and heaven help you if it’s the Independent that completes my existence.

  2. #2
    the last of the mohicans
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    montreal or costa rica baby
    Posts
    1,734
    I must admit that i completely understand where you are coming from.
    Maybe a couple of months ago i would have seen your post as a bit of white knightism..
    But today living with a wonderful lady who spent some time in the mid level indy range, i get an inside perpective on how the board truely affects a provider, and can impact her personal and professional life...and it isn't pretty!
    We couldn't even begin to imagine the amount of calls constantly coming in at all hours of the night, the text messages, the flooding of emails.
    And once a review thread starts off on a really positive note, the girl feels pressured into giving the same level of service to every customer (which is impossible when dealing with human connections and different personalitys)
    Another important thing to note is that we all share our experiences under anonymous handles, some of us are sweet, mean, young, old, clean, dirty, fit, fat, obese etc..
    Its easy for someone to barge in a thread and say 'she didn't kiss me' , 'she refused bbbj' , 'she didn't allow daty' , 'she never replied back to my second date demand..she is unreliable' ...when nobody knows who that reviewer truely is.
    Can we honestly expect a lady to give the same service to a gentleman who looks like richard gere, and to a gentleman who looks like frank zappa after a night of partying?

    This isn't mcdonalds, the customer isn't always right..and you can only get out what you put into this in effort, self respect and hygiene.

    And as for the newbies, i wouldn't go there, in terms of the board, you're kind of a newbie yourself
    "Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"

  3. #3
    I dunno where to even start. She completes your existence? That makes the sp infallible to criticism of any kind?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky bonds View Post
    And as for the newbies, i wouldn't go there, in terms of the board, you're kind of a newbie yourself
    I should have admitted that I'm a super noob! especially in the art satisfying my needs. I just don't take kindly to unwarranted negative remarks when it affects someone's livelihood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_rocket View Post
    I dunno where to even start. She completes your existence? That makes the sp infallible to criticism of any kind?
    Ya! I guess I'm a little over protective, but some remarks are just revengeful and not constructive. These Indies have pages of excellent reviews so you have to ask yourself why my results are different before trashing them with a negative review.

  5. #5
    Are you referring to some reviews in particular jarhead ? about some sp's in particular ?

    or are you just speaking in general ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    Are you referring to some reviews in particular jarhead ? about some sp's in particular ?

    or are you just speaking in general ?
    I have a pretty good idea who he's talking about, but in this little "community" of ours, some people just don't know what respect is thus the negative reviews when they don't get what they want.

  7. #7
    Bemused...
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    742
    Noob hating on other noobs... This is amusing...

    This is not "white knight-ism"?

    The board is a democracy and about free speech. As long as you don't break the rules or violate someone's privacy, I welcome everyone's opinion - good and bad.

    And while I feel bad for the SPs, this is part and parcel to your job. Gotta take the bad with the good. No way getting around that. No review site can be one way only, i.e. only good news. There should be bad reviews. Or at least criticisms. Nobody is perfect for everyone. And if a post or allegations are false, the Mods or some other checking mechanism will take care of it, I have little doubt.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I have a pretty good idea who he's talking about, but in this little "community" of ours, some people just don't know what respect is thus the negative reviews when they don't get what they want.
    care to share ? you can PM me if you want.

  9. #9
    the last of the mohicans
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    montreal or costa rica baby
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    care to share ? you can PM me if you want.

    Just click on posters name, then on his latest posts, and its obviously within his last 3-4 posts.
    From what i gather he really digs a specific provider, and he doesn't appreciate one customer cancelling on her at the last minute...
    Hardly a negative comment, but i guess he had a lot on his chest to get out.
    "Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"

  10. #10
    I really don't understand what you are talking about? The indy I suspect you are referring to had some recent posts in her thread that were deleted. That may make you read the responses some of us gave in a different light. I opted not to delete my posts (even though its now out of context) because I think its bad form.

    In short, the person deleted their post very quickly so I don't know what you're problem is? Indies will always get inquiries from people who are not serious, people who book as a plan b, or people who are simply not a good fit for the kind of experience she offers. And most of them won't be people on this board.

  11. #11
    I have to disagree here - big time. I talk quite a bit with my clients about experiences they've had with other indies in town and I have to say that there is a noticeable LACK of bad reviews where they are deserved.

    Just because someone's thread is glowing DOES NOT mean they're still providing that same level of service. The reason that nobody mentions the change in service is because clients are too intimidated to be the only bad review in an otherwise positive thread. Everyone knows by now that they'll likely be attacked for their honesty. I can't help to think that this thread is proof of this...If this forum were more accepting of negative reviews the entire community would be better off. You wouldn't have guys running around with unrealistic expectations (still going off of the old reviews) and being hugely disappointed when they receive less than stellar service.

  12. #12
    I have to agree with you zmontreal .... i have been treat real hard few years ago for a bad review. So now i`m very shy when i have a bad experience because i just not want to face the fans of the lady !!!! Its totally true ... if bad/mixed review was ``accepted`` by the crouwd here , all our encounters should be better !!

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by zmontreal View Post
    I have to disagree here - big time. I talk quite a bit with my clients about experiences they've had with other indies in town and I have to say that there is a noticeable LACK of bad reviews where they are deserved.

    Just because someone's thread is glowing DOES NOT mean they're still providing that same level of service. The reason that nobody mentions the change in service is because clients are too intimidated to be the only bad review in an otherwise positive thread because everyone knows by now that they'll be attacked for their honesty. I can't help to think that this thread is proof of this...If this forum were more accepting of negative reviews the entire community would be better off. You wouldn't have guys running around with unrealistic expectations (still going off of the old reviews) and being hugely disappointed when they receive less than stellar service.
    I don't disagree with what you say zmontreal. If a session takes place and its not great... let it rip. I think the screening\booking process can be subjective, either party can be in the wrong and no money is lost other than each others time so why write a negative review.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by zmontreal View Post
    I have to disagree here - big time. I talk quite a bit with my clients about experiences they've had with other indies in town and I have to say that there is a noticeable LACK of bad reviews where they are deserved.

    Just because someone's thread is glowing DOES NOT mean they're still providing that same level of service. The reason that nobody mentions the change in service is because clients are too intimidated to be the only bad review in an otherwise positive thread. Everyone knows by now that they'll likely be attacked for their honesty. I can't help to think that this thread is proof of this...If this forum were more accepting of negative reviews the entire community would be better off. You wouldn't have guys running around with unrealistic expectations (still going off of the old reviews) and being hugely disappointed when they receive less than stellar service.
    ho miss z you are so right, got to admit ive had average service
    not bad just average or soso service
    maybe 5% in all, and i'm guilty off not posting it,
    different reasons due to understanding that you women
    are human not robots,last client of he day,whatever also thinking my ymmv is usually very high
    they cant all be high so be thankfull, just dont rebook her.

    have i failed merbites in the long run, maybe.
    got to add that the 2 average services i had were with girls that had
    good to great reviews so i chalked it up to, chemistry and cant win them all.
    been so lucky with sps overall its like a drop of water in a glass of wine
    the wine still taste good overall.
    p.s. some sps ive seen that were great and service on another occasion it was soso
    i usually talked gently with her about it and everything works out for future meetings.
    thanks for your usual honesty straight forward comments on this board.
    big hug to you

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,944
    I do not attach too much importance to Bad BOOKING reviews as they are not review of the session itself.
    I see bad booking reviews more like a frustration relief.
    Cause It can be very frustrating sometime especially when you travel to go to an incall, your rdv get postponed, you wait, then you get cancelled.

    But really, it should not harm the girl business.

    For the case depicted here, the guy did not travelled, no booking arrangement concluded, no loss of money...
    Just a no reply thing. And moreover, the post in question has been removed.
    Which is a good move cause I was about to reply to the concerned post
    It was uncalled indeed but I don't see how it could have been harmfull here cause the girl have multiple pages of glowing reviews.
    And we all know that she is having tons of email, sms etc... and her schedule pretty booked.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •