Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite video games of all times

What are your favorite video games of all times

Couldn't find a thread about gaming so far...But I'm sure I'm not the only gamer out there. So, what are you favorite games of all times ??
    My own top ten (I'm a PC guy), in no specific order:

Half-Life 2
    System Shock 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Company of Heroes
    IL-2 Sturmovik
    Age of Empires 3
    Dawn of War 2
    Portal 2
    Blitzkrieg

I should mention that I am presently playing Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Advanced Warfare

Gosh, should have mentioned Diablo 3 + expansion on my top 10...makes it top 11...

Super Mario
    Super Mario 3
    Super Mario World

Fallout 2-3 and New Vegas
    Fahrenheit
    Elders scrolls
    Mk 1-2
    Sid Miers Pirates
    Diablo 1
    Clock Tower
    Haunting ground
    Civilization
    Mass Effect 2
    The Secret World
    WoW

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Mike Tyson's Punch-Out (NES)
    Baseball Stars (NES)
    Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis)
    John Madden Football
    EA Sports NHL Hockey
    Call of Duty
    Rainbow Six
    Sniper Elite

Diablo 3!!! Darn this game is addicting!!!

Metal Gear Solid

StarCraft 1 and 2

Respect & Honour
    It was a pretty shitty game, but when I was a kid, I loved RBI Baseball on NES. I played it everyday. I was a grandmaster++ at it and didn't lose for 2 years, against the Nintendo simulator nor a live opponent.

A new friend of mine also had the game and claimed to be the best ever and never lost a game bla bla (we were like 13). One day we had a showdown in my mother's basement and about 5-6 friends came to watch. These things are a big deal when you are 13. It was built up almost like a Mayweather-Pacquiao thing in our gang.

Long story short, it was actually a very tough game and he had perfected the little tricks and idiosyncrasies of the game very well. I ended up winning 2-1 and at the time was a very big thing. My friend was very close to crying and probably did afterwards.

Anyways, pointless post I guess haha. This thread just reminded me of that. Have no clue about the games of today.

Heh...not such a pointless story, ManApart (I found it entertaining, at least)...

In terms of some my favorite games of all time for me (in terms of quality and/or nostalgia), I'd have to say:

Mike Tyson's Punchout
    Super Metroid
    Metal Gear Solid
    Contra III: The Alien Wars
    Mortal Kombat II (played the shit out of this game with my brother after school and on weekends)
    Snatcher
    Countless others on both the NES and SNES (most of them from Nintendo, Konami, and Capcom)

I'm still a gamer to this day (just not as much). I finished Batman: Arkham Knight not too long ago, which I thought was amazing. And I just started Metal Gear Solid V, which looks to be yet another classic game in the series.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by ManApart View Post
    It was a pretty shitty game, but when I was a kid, I loved RBI Baseball on NES. I played it everyday. I was a grandmaster++ at it and didn't lose for 2 years, against the Nintendo simulator nor a live opponent.
    It was also one of my favorites. I thought about listing it, but only thought about it afterwards and figured listing one baseball game was enough.

The early hockey and golf games were also a blast. I won (and lost) quite a bit of money playing those games against my friends and siblings. One time playing the golf game with my ex-gf against a friend of mine and his lady friend, my ex screwed up a chip-in and we wound up having to go and extra hole. We lost when she choked on an easy put once again and we nearly split up that night. Man, was i infuriated! We both decided that playing as a team in those games was definitely not a good idea! I was also down $50!!!!!

I still remember that EA Sports NHL game for the Sega Genesis. I always took the Calgary Flames for one reason: Bryan McLellan. He was a journeyman player, but he had a devastating slapshot in that game! He'd consistently score from the red line! He barely had 10 goals all season in real life, but in that game, he was magical for me and my mates at one point refused to play me unless i changed teams! lol

One sports game that i first started to enjoy was the football game "Fourth and Inches" for the Commodore 64. I remember they had players named Hugo Long, Chris Cross, Mack Truck, etc. I'm surprised i still remember those names! lol

Or that other basketball game for the Commodore 64 called 'Lakers vs. Celtics'. I never wanted to take the Celtics. I preferred the Lakers with the likes of Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Nixon, etc.

Airborne Ranger and Into the Eagle's Nest were also games i enjoyed playing on the Commodore 64.

Sexual Deviant
    Most definitely any and all Zelda games, but most especially Ocarina of Time!
    Your curvy redhead vixen!

I am not much of a gamer, far from it.

But I think Star Wars Battlefront II on Classic XBOX was my favourite.

Then back in the 80's and 90's, I enjoyed the classics such as PACMAN, BURGERTIME, MRS. PACMAN, STREET FIGHTER.

And Wolfenstein, the precursor to DOOM

Final Fantasy 7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII

and there's going to be a remake of the game soon!!!!

Final Fantasy VII - E3 2015 Trailer https://youtu.be/Kznek1uNVsg
    “There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
    - Morpheus, The Matrix

Hi play a hell of a lot of Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy 7 !

Passionate Hetaera
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberRose View Post
    Most definitely any and all Zelda games, but most especially Ocarina of Time!
    I'm with Amber, but more specifically : Links awakening - to the point where I am going to get the sprites as filler tattoos

Retired veteran hobbyist
    And how could i forget.....one of my favorite videogames of all time:

DOOM

I loved this game!!! I was addicted to this game and even had nightmares about it!!

Retired veteran hobbyist
    The first videogame i ever played and fell in love with......

PONG

I think this was Atari's very first game. I played hours and hours of that game. It nearly drove my parents crazy (and out of the house), as they kept hearing that 'beep' sound over and over for hours and hours.

SPACE INVADERS was another favorite of mine at the time, but i was never good at it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast