Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Election day

Election day

Canada votes today......important day in our Democracy............leaders have talked since more than two months...........it's now to us to speak clear and loud..............have a good votation day..........and go go vote.........

No vote here.

the last of the mohicans
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Papineau View Post
    No vote here.

No vote = giving your vote to the leader by anticipation in your county or something to that effect when they apply the political loophole..
    No vote is for lazy, inconsiderate people.
    If you don't want to vote, at least go and officially cancel your vote.

And this will cause arguments but as long as nobody talks to me about harper or the fckn bloc, happy voting day to all, and please go vote.
    "Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"

I feel very strong about voting on election day, any election day. It is my right and pretty much the only right I have to send a message to the government that I like or not like what they are doing.

If you don't vote, you should have no right to complain. Yet, in a true democracy like ours, democracy itself protects the rights of those who don't vote and yet complain. Good luck finding this kind of freedom in some parts of the world!

So, yeah, go vote and be thankful you live in Canada!

Erin I agree a 100% with your sentiments.
    People have died for others to have the right to vote.....don`t waste it.

november
    I will be voting today, change is on the way. Every vote is important especially in close races. Go vote , your vote might make the difference, that is the way I think.

Polls are predicting a Liberal minority with Conservatives in opposition,

My ideal would be a NDP majority with a Liberal opposition. This would give Justin Trudeau more experience before becoming Prime Minister.

In both cases, the Conservatives are OUT, Finally.

wow...it seems that Trudeau will have a big big win.........une énorme vague semble s'annoncer...........canadians really want a change of government......

I am a staunch conservative. I've been a conservative all of 40 years adult life. I follow elections from all over the world and always cheer for the conservative candidate.

But tonight , it is different. When Harper losses the election, I will be a happy man . Why? Because Harper violated some of the most fundamental pillars of conservatism. Such as:

1. Keep the fucking government off my wallet.
    2. Keep the fucking government outside of my bedroom (Bill C-36)
    3. Keep the fucking government off what I want to wear (e.g bullying poor women and forcing them not to wear what they want)

So yes, let Harper lose. Although I am sure that pretty boy Justin jr is all talk and no substance. But we are dealing with Canada in here... There is no real conservatism. Just different shades of liberalism.

Au revoir, Harper and to the trash bins of history.....
    Liberals have destroyed both the US and Canada.

it is official!!!!

Peter Mckay! (Liberals won that district)

Fisrt good news of the night!
    Et je l'écoute (Joël Bouchard) toujours jusqu'à la fin de son laïus parce que je suis convaincu qu'un jour, il va terminer en nous offrant des voitures usagées à des prix INCROYABLES!

-Ronald King

So long Harper, I hope that you choke on your 6 million dollar pension you ignorant/arrogant(C-36) and destroyer of decent jobs, have fun with your buddy's on Bay Street.

Quote Originally Posted by centaurus View Post
    1. Keep the fucking government off my wallet.
    2. Keep the fucking government outside of my bedroom (Bill C-36)
    3. Keep the fucking government off what I want to wear (e.g bullying poor women and forcing them not to wear what they want)....
    1. Serious? The Liberals will increase your cost of living by 20% or more, you fell for the I will only tax the " rich " 1% and big business, big business will pass the taxes on to us and the rich are what, according to JT.
    2. Did this really effect you at all? Again, really?
    3. 83% of the Canadian population agreed with this one, are you not yet tired of others from other countries constantly changing our laws. I am not supposed to say Merry Christmas because it may offend sommeone, I should not bring a pork sandwich to put in the office fridge as it may offend someone. Give me a break.
    In two years when you see your taxes go up a lot and food and gas increase remember what you wished for.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t View Post
    destroyer of decent jobs,

Please explain... Decent jobs now will have a good tax increase and with raised EI and CPP rates you will make less money.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Quote Originally Posted by centaurus View Post
    2. Keep the f. . . government outside of my bedroom (Bill C-36)
    Can and will the "new" government (projected to be led by Justin Trudeau and his Liberal Party) repeal or gut Bill C-36?

As they got the majority and maybe a strong they certainly can now the question will they?
    Et je l'écoute (Joël Bouchard) toujours jusqu'à la fin de son laïus parce que je suis convaincu qu'un jour, il va terminer en nous offrant des voitures usagées à des prix INCROYABLES!

-Ronald King

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast