Thread: Quebec Kinky Article

Quebec Kinky Article

https://reason.com/blog/2014/11/11/k...-weird#comment

This actually surprised me a little bit, given that the Montreal commercial sex scene, while certainly fantastic, does not seem to reflect as many kinky advertisement offerings as in New York & San Francisco, as in Britain, and certainly as in Germany. Sometimes when scanning the kinky sex ads for Germany I have to look up in the internet dictionary what things are in those bizarre German ads. Unfortunately, some of those German ads are placed by the less attractive providers.

Does everyone think these percentages are accurate regarding what deviant things people fantasize about in Quebec.

I got a kick out of the one involving fantasizing about having sex with a prostitute. Yeah, I have done that one.

A poor corrupt official
    Thanks for the link (to one of my favorite websites), Patron. In light of the announcement of the Indy Companion Soirée, I would say this is a timely article.
    Strasser: By the way, the murder of the couriers, what has been done?
    Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.
    Heinze: We already know who the murderer is.
    Strasser: Good. Is he in custody?
    Renault: Oh, there's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron View Post
    Does everyone think these percentages are accurate regarding what deviant things people fantasize about in Quebec.
    I think the numbers have little meaning, as questions are too vague.

Is a fantasy something you would actually do if you had the opportunity, or just something you want to imagine doing? It changes the question. They mention "Approximately half of women with descriptions of submissive fantasies specified that they would not want the fantasy to materialize in real life" but seem to group it all together as if it's the same thing.

What if it's an activity you've done or currently doing? It's not exactly a fantasy anymore but it's not really a "no" either.

Take the having anal sex question. 64% men said yes, they fantasize about it, but here's a more realistic question; ask 1,000 guys living with an SO if they fantasize about it with their lady. Then ask them if they fantasize about it with, say, a Bobbi Starr type of lady that can't get enough (sample here). I'm guessing you get different results.

For the "Watching someone undress without them knowing" question (please consult your local attorney), doesn't the answer depend on who that someone is? Are we talking about Erin Andrews or Suzyn Waldman? big difference.

41% women said yes to "Being ejaculated on by a partner", but where exactly? face & tits should be 2 separate questions. What about hair? what woman wants cum in her hair? maybe 1% at most?

The rape questions are stupid for so many reasons it's not worth getting into.

The researchers seem to want to reach a conclusion that people are kinky but accurate questions would be far more interesting.

I agree, but it is telling about some of the frustrations that can occur in relationships with non sex workers. It is unfathomable to most guys that a lady fantasizes about something and does not actually do it when given the opportunity. And opportunities abound since most guys are up for anything. At least with sex workers, if they want to do it, and are with a customer they trust, they will do it - although sometimes with an up-charge! But at least the customer can ask and most sex workers are not shocked by questions. It is really hard to broach the subject of kinkiness with a civilian date and it is made even harder if she knows your friends, family and co-workers. Imagine dating a chick at work and walking by when all the office girls are at the lunch table and hearing her say, "do you know what he wanted to do last night?"

There was a classic episode of one of David Kelley's shows, either The Practice or Boston Legal, in which a male attorney is dating a female attorney co-worker and he overhears her telling a female friend that she fantasizes about getting spanked. So he tricks her into leaning over his knee to look for a gift and gives her a hairbrush spanking. She goes nuts, breaks up with him, and threatens to sue him. I thought about that episode when I read that statistic about women not wanting to actually act upon their fantasies.

Most guys think a fantasy is a waste of time if they never get to actually do it. Of course, the fantasy has too be somewhat realistic and somewhat legal.