Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Beware! There's another creep out there...

✴ ✴ ✴ MyWonderland ✴ ✴ ✴

Exclamation Ladies Beware! There's another creep out there...

He's been emailing most of the indies and their mother:

Hi,thanks for the quick response to my email and also for considering
    my offer of being.i am so sorry for the late response to you.i was out
    of town for an impromptu business. i will be coming for a visit for a
    program soon and i will need your pleasurable time after the program.i
    am gentle man,divorced and i like things orderly for convenience
    purpose.i will coming down in 3 days time for the program and i want
    to sort out all necessary payment to you before my arrival. i believe
    i can count on you after sending you the required payment to secure
    the booking.
    i will need your service as a professional for i have gone
    through your profile and see what you offer and you where a perfect
    match among all.i hope with you will be real fun and memorable.i
    believe i will have a very nice time with you judging from what i saw
    and i guess you will satisfy me as i will care for you.your rate on
    your profile is ok for me and i think it wont be a problem.i will want
    you to know that i am cautious and straight in my dealings and for
    your assurance and trust i will send you some payment to secure you
    ahead of time as a professional.i believe i wont have any trouble with
    you after making any payment to you.i will want you to know that i
    dont do cash payment due to some scheduling policy and i make my
    transaction via online money transfer Bank to bank wherever i am for my safety
    online. i hope that is ok for you.i will
    want you to know that any payment to you is going to be by means of
    online money transfer payment into your bank account i hope you have a
    bank account?
    .get back to me if this is ok by you so you can have
    payment received conveniently.do send me your contact phone number so
    i can call you directly for appointment.i hope to hear from you
    soon.kisses
    regards

Damn and I thought scammers were only targeting personal e-mails, at least it was not a Nigerian prince who has millions to send to your bank account.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    I know. Three weeks ago i put one of my cars for sale. No takers. Then yesterday i get this bizarre email from some dude with a weird name asking me if my car is still for sale, he wants details, price, etc. Lots of spelling mistakes in his email. It's likely some type of scam, but is replying to him the catch?

Oh soooooo Passionate xox
    I got that one too...when will they learn that we know its a scam..idiots
    Your busty mature blonde,
    kisses,
    Emma

Actually, the funny thing is that the stupidity of these scams is by design. It's a way to increase the chance of closing the deal, once the communication switches to real human interaction. So, the initial mail is made very stupid, to weed out the smarter people and then go in for the kill with the dumb ones.
    Enjoy 21st century spam

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emmaalexandra View Post
    I got that one too...when will they learn that we know its a scam..idiots
    Emma, I agree with you... Unfortunately too many people are still falling into their traps... I believe to use robots to spam. Basically once their program is built, they just let it run and it will spam hundred of thousands of potential victims.. To grab information and then sell it to another level... It is an interesting to discover... But we always have to stay alert... Some are real amateurs, but some are pretty good... Since my programmers showed some phishing stuff, I am now better... Unless it is a trusted address, I ignore... Samething with phone number... 1-888, 1-877, etc = Out.... Private call = Out

Let's stay vigilant and share among the community, family and friends...

Passionate Hetaera
    Quote Originally Posted by hryusha View Post
    Actually, the funny thing is that the stupidity of these scams is by design. It's a way to increase the chance of closing the deal, once the communication switches to real human interaction. So, the initial mail is made very stupid, to weed out the smarter people and then go in for the kill with the dumb ones.
    Enjoy 21st century spam
    Actually this is the second email. First he sends out a very generic relatively well thought out Client email then we get this drivel.

Lily from Montreal
    Got it too,twice,only feedback I ever got from a site that I had even forgot I had a profile on ...I wish they would keep track so once they are ignored we would not still get rerun...

This is a common scam on Craiglist.com. I advertised an exercise bike on craigslist for $200 and got the generic email. I responded for the hell of it and got a more specific email telling me that they would arrange for pickup of bike on the following week but they would send me a certified bank check for the amount I requested ($200) plus a fee for holding the bike for pickup (total $300). Then they sent me a certified check for $2000 instead of $300. The certified check is so good that your bank will not know that it is a fake, i.e. it was a real bank in California but it is still a fake. They ask you - via email- to deposit the check right away and send them via western union the difference of $1700. By Federal Law. any bank in the U.S. must make the funds available for a certified bank check by 2 business days. Your bank will find out soon enough that the check is a fake - after they made the funds available to you on the second business day - and the scammer hopes that you already wired the funds to him/her before your bank informs you that the check was a fake. And now you are responsible for the fraud committed on the bank.

Another very common scam nowadays is the fake escrow/US forwarding address scam. it works like that: you're selling something (high value) online. You get an email supposedly from US, of somebody who is interested. They tell you that they will deposit money in escrow and then release it once they receive the item. You then receive an email notification of escrow deposit (fake, obviously) and an address to send the item to. The address is actually one of these forwarding mailbox companies - the final endpoint may be anywhere in the world (usually in South Africa). If you don't send them the stuff, they start hammering and threatening you.

Always deal with people face to face and in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by MsWolfe View Post
    Actually this is the second email. First he sends out a very generic relatively well thought out Client email then we get this drivel.
    Yes, this seems to me like an attempt to fish for banking information from you. They'll get the basic info (not enough for anything) and then try to contact you on the phone, pretending to be from the bank to get the real data - that's what the phone number fishing is for.

I have a client whose work email account was hacked - the only thing that the scammer tried to do is to manipulate the dude's banking contact into making a wire transfer. I actually was able to trace the scammer's activity - he was monitoring the inbox closely for any responses from the bank.

It's all quite entertaining, actually.

✴ ✴ ✴ MyWonderland ✴ ✴ ✴
    Quote Originally Posted by hryusha View Post
    It's all quite entertaining, actually.
    No kidding lol!

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me, am so sorry to get back to you late I
    was very busy at work. I will be coming on the 26th of this month. I
    have to get some work done before coming. I only want to stay with you
    for 3 days in my hotel room,

Our meeting.... Need good sex and good suck also caring and i will
    make you happy.

My Full Name :Mong Jack
    My Age is: 58
    I work in oil company here in USA
    Drivers license number: RU555313
    Address:922 north Huron st Toledo ,Ohio 43604

Please check attachment for my photos Also here is the bank info i
    need from you so that the transfer can be sent to your account today
    or tomorrow.for security reasons

BANK NAME:
    ACCOUNT HOLDER'S NAME:
    ACCOUNT NUMBER:
    BANK PHONE NUMBER:
    BSB NUMBER:
    BANK ADDRESS:
    ACCOUNT HOLDER'S ADDRESS:
    ACCOUNT HOLDER'S NUMBER:
    Drivers license number:
    State:
    Account type:
    Date of birth:
    Mother maiden name:
    SSN:
    ROUTING NUMBER:

I will be waiting to read from you.

Thanks

I am disappointed, pictures were not attached to the email ...

Unfortunately, the increasing number of ladies going indy in the past year means more "easy preys" in Canada for these clowns.

Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Clara Versailles View Post
    I am disappointed, pictures were not attached to the email ...
    Haha lol Don't hold your breath on that one

There's a guy named "Cris" from London who has been emailing ladies for a few years now pretending to be Ngo Okafor (Model, Actor, Boxer, Trainer, & Fitness Star). It's a scam email as all the information he provides--and he provides a LOT--(place of birth, info about his parents, where he lives, what he does for a living, his height, etc.) doesn't match any of the personal info for Ngo.

I guess he's hoping no one will do their due diligence, do a search on the professional pictures he sends and the information provided and just let the excitement of seeing a gorgeous man like Ngo take over.

There are so many scams out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Clara Versailles View Post
    Address:922 north Huron st Toledo ,Ohio 43604
    LOL, the address might actually be real! take a look at it in google street view - the place is an incredible dump, in a total crack house area.

How I would reply,

"Hello Mong Jack,

Thank you for providing me with all your personal details, its much more than I would request from any potential costumer, Therefore I see no need for you to make any deposit or pay my fees in advance. Just contact me when you get in town and we can take it from there "

I used to get letters from these clowns and always loved to string them along..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast