Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Restraunt Info

  1. #1

    Restraunt Info

    Hi, i am very new at this so hope it works out. I have a question to ask. I am visiting Montreal this weekend and was curious if anyone can recommend me a high end Steakhouse in the area. tx and glad to be on here

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,253
    If you are downtown Queue De Cheval - http://www.queuedecheval.com/

    If youe are old montreal Gibbys - http://www.gibbys.com/index.php
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

  4. #4
    Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada
    Posts
    490
    7-8 minutes from the Old Port: http://moishes.ca/

    20 minutes from downtown on the West Island: http://www.40westt.com/

    Enjoy your weekend!

  5. #5
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,826
    My favorites are Gibby's and The Keg (the one at Place Ville-Marie). I've been to Moishes a few times but not really a fan. Not crazy about atmosphere there. Kinda cold. Never been to Queue de Cheval since been told by many it's overpriced as compared to the other places i mentionned.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asgard Or North America
    Posts
    663
    Yes, i agree with The Keg, 40West, Gibby's being a great place for a steak, and i also agree about Queue de Chavel being overpriced but none the less a good steak.

    There is a steak place in St. Therese, right off the 15 ,one exit north of the 640, been awhile since i have been there and the name is in my head but does-not want to surface, i will get back to you, its a small place and cozy with a really good steak.



    Thor Jr

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal Island
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    If you are downtown Queue De Cheval - http://www.queuedecheval.com/

    If youe are old montreal Gibbys - http://www.gibbys.com/index.php
    I was under the impression that since Queue de Cheval moved to a new location, that they changed the style and menu. Am I right ?

    As for Gibby's, that's an "incontournable" in Montreal. Food is always good, and steak will drive you crazy...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal Island
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella Laurence View Post
    7-8 minutes from the Old Port: http://moishes.ca/

    20 minutes from downtown on the West Island: http://www.40westt.com/

    Enjoy your weekend!
    40 West... 20 minutes from downtown... 5 minutes for West-Islander... Were they the same owner as Queue De Cheval ?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Ben oui, queue de cheval adore les jeunes femmes sans viande autour de l'os. Tout à fait désigné pour une rencontre entre un vieux mononcle cochon et pitoune à chaire fraîche. En plus, ils vont vous charger 5 fois le prix que ça vaut, c'est parfait !

  10. #10
    Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada
    Posts
    490

    ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by grenouilleforever View Post
    40 West... 20 minutes from downtown... 5 minutes for West-Islander... Were they the same owner as Queue De Cheval ?
    Yeah, it's great for West-Islanders!
    How about that wine list?! Love their specialty private imports

    Also, it used to be the same owner as Queue de Cheval
    "MRG opens 40 Westt Steakhouse and Raw Bar in 2004. Restaurant later sold to Morentzos's brother and brother-in-law."

    MGR Concepts: http://www.mrgconcepts.com/en/team.html

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal Island
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella Laurence View Post
    Yeah, it's great for West-Islanders!
    How about that wine list?! Love their specialty private imports

    Also, it used to be the same owner as Queue de Cheval
    "MRG opens 40 Westt Steakhouse and Raw Bar in 2004. Restaurant later sold to Morentzos's brother and brother-in-law."

    MGR Concepts: http://www.mrgconcepts.com/en/team.html
    I do not know about the wine list... By principle I rarely go to a restaurant where you can not bring your own wine... I have over 200 bottles in my cellar, and at least 90% are usually much better than what restaurant could offer; from Zenato Ripassa to Chateau Lafite-Rothschild... However once in a while to make friends happy, we go to restaurant like Pastaga where I have the opportunity to thy their own private imports, which is always interesting (discovering new treasures)...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •