Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting in the USA

Another mass shooting in the USA

I'm sure I'm opening up a can of worms...

This shit gotta stop !!!

As I'm writing this, it looks like they got one guy in a hail of bullets

He's laying dead in the middle of the street..

And I'm pulling into LA Friday morning on the way to San Diego

My thoughts are with the dead people's families

14 dead, with many injured

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

This one is interesting. The last report was that the shooters got away which is non-typical. But now It appears that they caught at least one of the shoorters. I am watching the news and there is a dark SUV shot to hell. I am wondering what the fucked-up motive is for this one?

The San Bernardino shooting is America's 352nd mass shooting in the 336 days of 2015.

http://www.businessinsider.com/2015-...-chart-2015-12

That's at least one mass shooting per day in America!

Banned
    When will that stop ? Weapons don't kill... it's the hand that hold the weapon who kills people... But if we could make their life tougher... No ?

Obviously I write as Canadian... What do our American cousin think about it, as they are directly concerned ?

Quote Originally Posted by grenouilleforever View Post
    When will that stop ? Weapons don't kill... it's the hand that hold the weapon who kills people... But if we could make their life tougher... No ?

Obviously I write as Canadian... What do our American cousin think about it, as they are directly concerned ?
    There is only one answer to the extraordinary prevalence of gun violence, and we all know what it is. All serious studies arrive at the same conclusion, and there is no debate among those who have examined the statistics. The answer is both obvious and persuasive. We can dramatically reduce these events, but there is no political will and, as we know, the NRA has extraordinary power. If the Sandy Hook massacre of 20 (twenty, twenty, twenty) young children couldn't bring America to its senses, it's hard to imagine today's bloodbath will.

A poor corrupt official
    Quote Originally Posted by talkinghead View Post
    There is only one answer..and we all know what it is. All serious studies arrive at the same conclusion, and there is no debate among those who have examined the statistics. The answer is both obvious and persuasive...
    And THE answer is?
    Strasser: By the way, the murder of the couriers, what has been done?
    Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.
    Heinze: We already know who the murderer is.
    Strasser: Good. Is he in custody?
    Renault: Oh, there's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's.

A poor corrupt official
    I don't think we know whether the title of this thread is accurate. It's possible that the thread title should be "Another Islamic Terror Attack in the USA." We don't have enough information yet, but it's possible.
    Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.
    Renault: Oh, there's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's.

Banned
    That might be one of Mr. Obama's legacy to Americans and humanity... But the damn NRA is obviously so powerful, maybe some people should start shooting some NRA executives, or worst their families... Maybe they would start being more sensitive...

I am not American, and I do not know the US Constitution... but they often refer to an Amendment that allow US citizen to carry a weapon... Is that Constitution still up to date ? That would be like when you are in Court and they ask you to "Jurez-vous sur l'honneur de dire toute la vérité, rien que la vérité"... Yes for sure Your Honor...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRenault View Post
    And THE answer is?
    In case you missed it, the answer is in black and white in the article cited a couple of posts before yours:

If we truly care about this ... we have to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wielding them. Period. Enough is enough.

I don't think we know whether the title of this thread is accurate. It's possible that the thread title should be "Another Islamic Terror Attack in the USA." We don't have enough information yet, but it's possible.
    Possible. Mais il me semble que si c'était le cas, ça ferait longtemps qu'on le saurait, non?

Cela dit, c'est vraiment long avant qu'on nous dévoile l'identité des deux suspects.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily-Rose View Post
    Possible. Mais il me semble que si c'était le cas, ça ferait longtemps qu'on le saurait, non?

Cela dit, c'est vraiment long avant qu'on nous dévoile l'identité des deux suspects.
    Chère Lily, j'imagine que ce genre de drame humain t'horripile au plus haut point... Imagine, nous les Occidentaux allons montrés aux pays émergents les bienfaits de la démocratie... Comment osons-nous aller faire la leçon à d'autres humains alors que nous sommes à des années-lumières de la perfection ?

Ça me fait gerber... Si j'avais des couilles, je partirais vivre dans un petit pays "non-évolué" (selon nos dirigeants), et je vivrais une petite vie tranquille, sans stress... juste le pur bonheur...

A poor corrupt official
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily-Rose View Post

Well, LR, the police are trying hard not to jump to conclusions about whether the killers were motivated by personal reasons or terrorism or some weird combination of both. There are a lot of witnesses to interview and lots of other evidence to evaluate. There might still be a third suspect not yet in custody. I think there will be another update from police in a little while.

...or some weird combination of both.
    Tu veux dire quelques illuminés sur le captagon disciples de Donald Trump?

Oups! Sorry.

They're more americans dying for the hands of right-winger american, that american from muslim terrorism....

There are actually a lot of close psychological connections between isolated mass shootings from disillusioned angry young men and attacks associated with Islamic terrorism. Like most problems there are not any simple solutions.

Gun control is just one component. It does not address the fundamental reasons that this happens. You can make the argument that limiting the guns they use will help reduce the body count, and I do not entirely disagree with that. But the question occurs as to how many guns you remove from the hands of hunters and sportsmen, and how many guns you take out if the hands of law abiding folks.

The fundamental problem is the abundance of people, primarily young men, who not only feel they have nothing to live for, but are programmed to blame others for their misery. The lack of jobs, lack of romantic, sexual, cultural of educational outlets, and lack of family and community creates a lot of candidates for this abhorrent behavior. And it gets strengthened by the Internet which have sites that glorifies and encourages this way of thinking.

There are a lot of candidates to be radicalized in the Middle East, and it happens a lot. The life of a young man is terrible in a country in which all of the wealth, power and enjoyment of life goes to a very few families involved with oil, and the education and social interaction opportunities with members of the opposite sex are limited. The religious sheik tells them the Western World is to blame for their unhappiness and you get jihad. Unfortunately, much of the same happens in impoverished Muslim neighborhoods outside of the Middle East. Throw in the Internet as a marketing tool and you have the hell that exists today.

The life of a few disillusioned mentally-ill American male loners is not that much different than those recruited into Islamic fundamentalism. He does not believe that 72 virgins will be awaiting him in paradise, but the other mental illness is there. He has a shit life, thinks everyone else has it great, blames his misery on the rest of society, wants to die and wants to a lot of people out with him.

Most everyone on this board can list dozens of things they have that they enjoy in life and that they are looking forward to in the future. The mass shooters and jihadists are so different from sane people that it is hard to even begin to understand their way of thinking.

I think it happens in the U.S. more than in other countries because the differences in wealth and the economic and social divisions are so large. Sure Canadians have less access to guns, but I also believe there are fewer disillusioned young men in Canada that are cut off from civilization and rational thought. On the other hand, it is harder to accumulate significant wealth in Canada than it is in the U.S. largely as a result of Canada not leaving as many people behind. And I am not convinced that the wealthiest in the U.S. are willing to expend resources to minimize the number of potential gunmen. So I think the problem is more than guns, and that it is here to stay, unfortunately .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast