Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooking with your companion

Banned

Cooking with your companion

Hello,

I wanted to know if any of you had a chance to cook with your companion or even better, did she cook for you ?

Names are not required, I prefer to keep it discreet, but more like what she cooked you, how long was it, etc...

Thanks,

GF

Banned
    Lucky us then...

Ho my! You have no idea how i'd love to do that....
    I did bring Baileys truffles that I made to that well known place that I go..
    I think they liked it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by letsrock2012 View Post
    Ho my! You have no idea how i'd love to do that....
    I did bring Baileys truffles that I made to that well known place that I go..
    I think they liked it.
    I am sure they do.... every time I went to that place, I always had a bottle of wine, and bring them chocolate... They always appreciated it, and I was known as "The Chocolate Man"...

Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada

Love it!

I've cooked with my gentlemen companions, either at their residence or in their hotel suites, more times than I can count and we always had a fantastic time (whether the meal turns out to be burnt or not in the process lol). Going out to a restaurant is great but cooking together adds another level of intimacy to the evening
    Welcome to distinctive exclusivity, exquisite refinement and classic elegance
    www.gabriellalaurence.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella Laurence View Post
    I've cooked with my gentlemen companions, either at their residence or in their hotel suites, more times than I can count and we always had a fantastic time (whether the meal turns out to be burnt or not in the process lol). Going out to a restaurant is great but cooking together adds another level of intimacy to the evening
    Gabriella what is area of cooking expertise ? For all ladies, I make the best french onion soup in Montreal, and I serve it with a great Alsacian Riesling... Un plaisir pour les sens...

I did served that to Emma and Coralie former Indy at FKS...
    I also had tarte tatins and Sauternes with Miss Coralie at least 2-3 times...

In those days, I was a different style of gentlemen...

Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Quote Originally Posted by grenouilleforever View Post
    Gabriella what is area of cooking expertise ? For all ladies, I make the best french onion soup in Montreal, and I serve it with a great Alsacian Riesling... Un plaisir pour les sens...
    Hahaha, my cooking expertise area? LOL
    It's mostly watching my gent cook while I enjoy a glass of wine lol
    A man cooking in the kitchen or on the BBQ is soooooooo sexy!

But seriously, I like to create the menu, do the wine pairing and help with the preparations. The cooking part, especially the meat, not so much (but I still do it if I have to).

French onion soup with an Alsacian Riesling? If I ever decide to have an onion soup, I will definitely try your pairing. It sounds delicious!

French Onion Soup is my Favorite, VIP-5 pre party meal at Grenouille's place!

Hoho... I'll bring the boeuf bourgignon! and a mean bordeaux wine

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella Laurence View Post
    Hahaha, my cooking expertise area? LOL
    It's mostly watching my gent cook while I enjoy a glass of wine lol
    A man cooking in the kitchen or on the BBQ is soooooooo sexy!

But seriously, I like to create the menu, do the wine pairing and help with the preparations. The cooking part, especially the meat, not so much (but I still do it if I have to).

French onion soup with an Alsacian Riesling? If I ever decide to have an onion soup, I will definitely try your pairing. It sounds delicious!
    From a woman's perspective, I am sure that seeing a man cooking could be very sexyyy. I must agree with you...
    I am like you, I do not cook that well... I do have some meals that I am good at, but in general I will ask my host to tell me what they are cooking and I will match the wine with the meal for each and every service... That is my passion, and I hate making bad decision... For onion soup, I did like a very specific Riesling, and I do not see it anymore on SAQ web site... My second choice would be that wine .... http://www.saq.com/page/fr/saqcom/vi...11053162031866

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by letsrock2012 View Post
    Hoho... I'll bring the boeuf bourgignon! and a mean bordeaux wine
    Then you must bring a great Burgundy... Vosne-Romanée or Grand Échezeaux...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    French Onion Soup is my Favorite, VIP-5 pre party meal at Grenouille's place!
    Iggy, that could be a great idea... Unfortunately I just sold my house and I will be moving in the next 2-6 weeks... Maybe my new place on SouthShore... I visited a nice appartment on the 10th floor in St-Lambert, right on 132 with a great view of Montreal... I guess we could have 10-20 people... Let's see how it goes...

Cooking for someone else is such a rewarding experience. And I agree with Gabriella that it is intimate to cook together.

I hadn't had the chance to do this yet, but I do want to organize a time to cook for a companion in the near future.

Granted, I'm no expert chef. But, my time working as kitchen help has taught me a few skills with making an enjoyable meal to share. Plus, I do like the challenge of learning something new to cook.
    “There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
    - Morpheus, The Matrix

I would love to cook my specialty for a client! Mr noodles anyone?

Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    From a woman's perspective, I am sure that seeing a man cooking could be very sexyyy. I must agree with you...
    I am like you, I do not cook that well... I do have some meals that I am good at, but in general I will ask my host to tell me what they are cooking and I will match the wine with the meal for each and every service... That is my passion, and I hate making bad decision... For onion soup, I did like a very specific Riesling, and I do not see it anymore on SAQ web site... My second choice would be that wine .... http://www.saq.com/page/fr/saqcom/vi...11053162031866
    Thanks for the suggestion, Grenouille I'll keep it in mind.

Since wine and food is your passion (like myself), have you ever tried to host or participate in what my friends and I call a "potluck tasting flights"?
    About once a month, between 4-7 of us get together for a special tasting evening. We all prepare a meal each in advance (as long as it doesn't affect the end results or cook it à la minute that night) and pair it with a wine.

We have done all kinds of evenings like that and they are never the same; some are based on a food type, some are based on doing particular verticals or horizontals (not the sex kind lol), some are "blind evenings" and so on...

If you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot. It's a lot of fun and gives you the opportunity to discover new wines!

Quote Originally Posted by FunSexyMan View Post
    Cooking for someone else is such a rewarding experience. And I agree with Gabriella that it is intimate to cook together.

I hadn't had the chance to do this yet, but I do want to organize a time to cook for a companion in the near future.

Granted, I'm no expert chef. But, my time working as kitchen help has taught me a few skills with making an enjoyable meal to share. Plus, I do like the challenge of learning something new to cook.
    You do not need to be a chef to prepare a delicious meal. I've learnt that keeping it simple and using the freshest of ingredients will always get you very positive results... and I'm no chef myself

What can be easier than slicing up a perfectly ripe tomato, adding fresh basil, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (and balsamic vinegar--optional) with a few slices of Mozzarella di Buffalo or some Burrata as an appetizer? It's so easy but yet so tasty!

For a main, how about a nice rack of lamb with roasted veggies? The oven does most of the work for you and it's quick and easy--with a minimal amount of dishes to do lol

Have a look at some recipes for ideas and enjoy your evening with your companion!

PS. Just don't let yourself get too distracted by your companion, forget about the meal cooking in the oven and start a fire!! lol
    Last edited by Gabriella Laurence; 12-04-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: adding a PS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast