Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinner Date restaurant - Warning

Banned

Dinner Date restaurant - Warning

Hi,

I just got another flash from my past years of hobbying. Once in a while, I do have Dinner Date as I like good food and good wine. I did invite a lady to Da Vinci on Bishop, we had a blast. Great food, great wine, great conversation and lots of fun afterward. Then she asked me "Do you bring all your SP/Indy companion here ?"... then she delicately said "I hope that it would be our exclusive restaurant for you me and you!!!". But her face, eyes and voice were so nice, it was priceledd. I said "Sure, it will not bring any other ladies here". She was so happy.

Sometime I am such a sweet and nice guy... almost weak.

Any of you had similar request... officially or unofficially ?

Thanks,

GF

LOL.

Yeah you are a nice guy. Happen to me twice but I wasn't that nice in my initial response. I treat all women the same SP or not. Yet as unexpected my answer was that shocking look I hers indicated she wanted me more even though I somewhat meant it but didn't pull it off as I continued to see her two more times.

If you wonder what happened, watch the date scene in The Departed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Numerati View Post
    LOL.

Yeah you are a nice guy. Happen to me twice but I wasn't that nice in my initial response. I treat all women the same SP or not. Yet as unexpected my answer was that shocking look I hers indicated she wanted me more even though I somewhat meant it but didn't pull it off as I continued to see her two more times.

If you wonder what happened, watch the date scene in The Departed.
    I saw the movie, and I will watching it again... What would we do without our counterpart (lady) ???

GF, it was very nice of you, but you know that you did not have to do it. I just hope that nobody will ever ask me such thing. I don't know how I would react?

MDF69

I usually take my SP's to McDonald's or Tim Hortons lol

Veteran of Misadventures
    The best restaurant to take a date to is D'Emma. It's got the requisite ambience, the great high end Italian cuisine. You are small time on dinner dates until you have dined there. D'Emma is the major leagues- the big time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    The best restaurant to take a date to is D'Emma. It's got the requisite ambience, the great high end Italian cuisine. You are small time on dinner dates until you have dined there. D'Emma is the major leagues- the big time.
    Thansk for the tip... I need a replacement to DaVinci... a promise is a promise... I will only get back to DaVinci with that lady...

Took my Dinner Date to Hostaria my favorite italian restaurant in the city. Quite the ambiance for a tete-a-tete. Don't know if it was the wine, or the boar ragout on pasta, but she was more touchy-feely than I had experienced before. I could feel her passion the way she handled me. Not to say I didn't like it but it was rather unusual. I asked her what came over her, and, she said "everything about the moment together". Didn't discuss any other SP or dates because the focus was on her and no one else. I was glad she didn't ask not to bring anyone else at the restaurant.

T50

My favorite go to restaurant if I am taking a SP or a girl I have been going out for a long while is Verses at The Neligan. LOVE that restaurant and very glad that it is still there. For sushi it would either be Miso or ShoDan. Bronte is also another awesome restaurant really sad that it closed.

Awww so cute !

Quote Originally Posted by Numerati View Post
    My favorite go to restaurant if I am taking a SP or a girl I have been going out for a long while is Verses at The Neligan. LOVE that restaurant and very glad that it is still there. For sushi it would either be Miso or ShoDan. Bronte is also another awesome restaurant really sad that it closed.
    Couldn't agree more about Verses. For sushi I head off to Park or Shinji.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by grenouilleforever View Post
    Thansk for the tip... I need a replacement to DaVinci... a promise is a promise... I will only get back to DaVinci with that lady...
    According to TripAdvisor, Da Vinci is in the top 2% of all Montreal restaurants, Da Emma is in the top 11%. I'd have to agree with both assessments. Da Emma is a fine restaurant and I've taken girls there. Da Vinci is even better. Even better, IMHO, is Cafe Via Dante, in Little Italy.

Trip Advisor rates Da Vinci as the 78th best restaurant in the city, Da Emma as number 501. However, Cafe Via Dante, my favorite of the three, comes in at 57th, also in the top 2%.

Da Emma is AAA, Da Vinci and Via Dante are the big leagues. Via Dante has the added advantage of being just one block from Patisserie Alati-Caserta, home of the best cannoli in the city.

Sadly, for me, my favorite and I keep going back to Aux Vivres. Seems I've fallen for a vegan.
    The mounties always get their man.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Many years ago, one of the first hobbyists i regularly was in touch with would tell me stories about his favorite sp (now a well-known madam) and their favorite restaurant, a small italian place on rue de la Montagne, if i remember correctly. But he'd refuse to tell me the name of the place. It was 'their' restaurant, 'their' place....he gave me the feeling i'd be invading their privacy if he divulged its name. I kind of found it stupid at the time....and still do actually.

But there are restaurants i've been to with lady friends (sps, agency owners, etc) that will always remind me about them whenever i pass by a particular restaurant or hear about it. Le Bleu, Jardin de Panos, Amarone, Da Emma, Le Blanc, Buena Note, La Medusa, The Keg, Modavie, Le Latini, Rosalie, La Pizzella, etc.....even Mike's Restaurant (Complexe Desjardins) and St-Hubert BBQ (Windsor Station).

Here's the story about those two last ones: one of my sp buddies a few years ago would drive into town and come and see me when i'd be in town. We had a routine of always meeting up at least once by going to a restaurant. No hanky-pank, it had happened a year or two earlier and she didn't remember seeing me. One night she told me she'd drive into town and we could go and eat somewhere, and she'd spend the night at my hotel if the weather was too bad. I believe i was staying at the Hilton Bonaventure (or maybe it was at the Sheraton). So we decided to walk to the St-Hubert BBQ restaurant at Windsor Station. There was a blizzard outside. It was our second time at a St-Hubert BBQ...the first time was with a group of friends at Complexe Desjardins. So later, she mentionned that she actually didn't mind having dinner there since she happened to absolutely love St-Hubert BBQ!!! I didn't know this and also told her i kind of enjoyed it. I loved the atmosphere there...i could even watch my hockey or football game at the bar there. So it became our regular place, although she took me to Le Blanc (on St-Laurent) the second-last time i saw her. It was her favorite place to go to with a fellow sp. I think the place closed down soon after.

As for Mike's Restaurant (also at Complexe Desjardins), my favorite sp at the time accompanied me to a Van Halen concert. She later spent the night at my hotel (Hyatt Regency) and in the morning we had breakfast at Mike's Restaurant. I walked her to the subway station and never saw her again. So everytime i walk past that restaurant, i'm reminded of that morning.

The Keg has recently become my 'go to' restaurant with my most recent #1. I like the atmosphere. Beautiful young women who work there. Beautiful young women who eat there. Some of the staff know me and come and greet me once i've sat down. They make me feel appreciated. Reasonably priced, although i don't feel the same way once my credit card statement comes in. Same thing with my other favorite restaurant on St-Catherine whom i've also brought her there (her choice) a few times. But to say some of these restaurants are exclusive to myself and a particular 'dinner guest' would be stretching it. For example, an sp i saw somewhat recently mentionned that we got along extremely well and asked me if i felt like going out to dinner later that night once her shift was over. Since i hadn't had dinner yet, i said 'why not?' and accepted her offer. I asked her to pick the restaurant and she gave me three choices, and among her choices was my current #1 'go to' place, which was close to where i was staying at the time. So we chose that restaurant. It didn't prevent me from going there with her just because it's usually where my recent #1 and I go for a nice dinner and drinks after one of our horizontal sessions. By the way, i will never go to a restaurant with a lady 'before' a session. It's always after or on some other day while on a regular, mutually-agreed date. Sex on a full stomach is never good! And i broke this rule the last time i was at Moishes and it nearly ruined my 'date' afterwards.

Thanks for the tips on which restaurants i should check out next. I've never been crazy about Da Emma (maybe the name alone reminds me too much of someone) so i never went back.....i did bump into a somewhat famous actress there at the time, though.....but Da Vinci is definitely on my list now. But to be honest, i'm not big on italian food. I'm more of a steak n' seafood type of guy. Except Moishes, which i'm not very fond of (i find the atmosphere too cold, too bright and zero privacy). Gibby's will always be high on my list and i've been there several times, but never with a lady.

Other restaurants i've been considering: 'La Coupole' when i stayed at Le Crystal, and 'La Societe' when i stayed recently at the Loews Vogue. Both have been rated highly in various restaurant review sites i've read. Those two restaurants are located in those respective hotels.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen_de View Post
    I think I know the restaurant, it's called Bis, on de la Montagne Next to europea, QDC and Rosalie. They really have a great and authentic menu. Great selection of scotch as well.
    It's quite possible. Was it there 13-14 years ago? I also thought it could be 'Il Campari Centro'.

I'm aware that you know your restaurants. What would you recommend for a steak and seafood place if i want to take a girl out and make a good impression? I often take them to italian places, but it's more for them than myself and i wind up barely eating. I don't eat cheese and barely any pasta and it seems most of the stuff they have on the menu is all about cheese and pasta. Which is why i prefer steak and seafood, but the atmosphere is also very important. I like cozy places.....not too bright, not too dim. Not overly noisy.

Try the Firegrill on Stanley and sit in the lounge section. Honestly I've never had a bad steak there and it has good service and friendly staff. I often sit at the bar as I travel solo. Another good selection was your mentioned restaurant at Hotel Vogue. Good food and terrific service and ambiance.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast