View Poll Results: MERB is a great site for

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reading and writing reviews

    32 80.00%
  • Exchanging with fellow Johns by PM

    1 2.50%
  • Exchanging with fellow Johns in the lounge

    1 2.50%
  • Booking SPs I am interested in

    6 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: MERB is a great site for...

  1. #1

    MERB is a great site for...

    What is your typical usage of the board?

  2. #2
    Me, I love this board. All of the above apply for me.

    MDF69

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gotta love Montreal
    Posts
    333
    Reading and writing reviewS shouldnt be in the same category as 1% of users, if not less, share reviews...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Handi View Post
    Reading and writing reviewS shouldnt be in the same category as 1% of users, if not less, share reviews...
    I have to agréé with Handi.

    I still do not understand few things in life, and by "ricochet" on this forum.
    How can you have 0 post after 5 years and asking (PM) a member for priviledged information but not willing to share. Or worst, being too lazy to write a review 2-4 lines; 35 words max.

    I am still amazed.

    MDF69

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Handi View Post
    Reading and writing reviewS shouldnt be in the same category as 1% of users, if not less, share reviews...
    I agree, and your numbers are correct, I should have referred to Jackob Nielson's rule before starting this poll , the 90-9-1 rule, 90% of lurkers, 9% of casual contributors and just 1% of active contributors. I tried to edit the poll options, but could not.

  6. #6
    For me, myself and I:

    I don't rely on reviews 99% of the time and only from trusted friends. I personally do not know one guy on here named "john" (i know a couple "jean's", does that count?) so i would definately go with the last choice.

    You should have a 5th choice, Going to Fun GT's

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gotta love Montreal
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydear_Friend69 View Post
    I have to agréé with Handi.

    I still do not understand few things in life, and by "ricochet" on this forum.
    How can you have 0 post after 5 years and asking (PM) a member for priviledged information but not willing to share. Or worst, being too lazy to write a review 2-4 lines; 35 words max.

    I am still amazed.

    MDF69
    Lol i'm so tired of receiving pm from lurkers asking me if this girl does cim and swallow... GUYS THATS YMMV!!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    For me, myself and I:

    I don't really on reviews 99% of the time and only from trusted friends. I personally do not know one guy on here named "john" (i know a couple "jean's", does that count?) so i would definately go with the last choice.

    You should have a 5th choice, Going to Fun GT's
    Funny. How do you build that trust? In social networks trustworthy people just emerge out of the crowd, by their contributions, it is dynamic and it ends up to happen. No need of a central "authority" to decide who is trustworthy and who is not, people are smart enough to decide by themselves.

    It is true that fun GTs drive traffic to MERB whenever they are organized and you are doing a great job in organizing them, thank you. However, these GTs take place like 3 or 4 times a year, not enough to keep visitors coming.

    Regards,
    John.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    Funny. How do you build that trust?
    Trust comes in many forms, not just through a pm here or there, this however, I will not divulge in further.


    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    It is true that fun GTs drive traffic to MERB whenever they are organized and you are doing a great job in organizing them, thank you. However, these GTs take place like 3 or 4 times a year, not enough to keep visitors coming.

    Regards,
    John.

    You are welcome "john" , but where do you get 3-4 a year? I particitpated in no less than between 15-20 last year alone and that will likely be the case in 2016 (if not more than 20) and i know several guys and so many ladies who have participated in more than just 3-4 in 2015 as well.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Trust comes in many forms, not just through a pm here or there, this however, I will not divulge in further.





    You are welcome "john" , but where do you get 3-4 a year? I particitpated in no less than between 15-20 last year alone and that will likely be the case in 2016 (if not more than 20) and i know several guys and so many ladies who have participated in more than just 3-4 in 2015 as well.
    You are so old school igna and I respect the elders, though you must know that there are only 3-4 GTs that are publicly announced every year here and indexed by Google. Everything else private is irrelevant and will certainly not bring anything to the MERB community nor any traffic from search engines. Why would the average Marco care if you had some beers in a private setting with some friends? Again, it is good if this GT thing is working for you, but I don't think that it is bringing any visitors to MERB at all.

  11. #11
    Old school, perhaps but when it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why does it bother you so much, much like you asked cloudsurf in another thread? For such a "new" (haha) poster to Merb, you seem to have all the answers in a poll where YOU ARE ASKING others of their opinons, then again, we both know what is new and what is not. The name is new, the person behind it, not so much Enjoy your night Mr. Cey, you can have the last word, i have a very intimate "GT" to attend in an hour....

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    You are so old school igna and I respect the elders, though you must know that there are only 3-4 GTs that are publicly announced every year here and indexed by Google. Everything else private is irrelevant and will certainly not bring anything to the MERB community nor any traffic from search engines. Why would the average Marco care if you had some beers in a private setting with some friends? Again, it is good if this GT thing is working for you, but I don't think that it is bringing any visitors to MERB at all.

  12. #12
    I like all thé above for merb. However I do agree with you guys about the ratio of contributors. They should make the review section restricted to a certain # of posts or seniority on the board. Cuz I honestly put effort into my reviews. However the thought of a sleeze ball signing up to merb in 5min then reading my review and ruining my favorite SP's day... Isn't what I want to contribute to.

    That's just me

  13. #13
    the last of the mohicans
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    montreal or costa rica baby
    Posts
    1,737
    Quote Originally Posted by chowzilla View Post
    I like all thé above for merb. However I do agree with you guys about the ratio of contributors. They should make the review section restricted to a certain # of posts or seniority on the board. Cuz I honestly put effort into my reviews. However the thought of a sleeze ball signing up to merb in 5min then reading my review and ruining my favorite SP's day... Isn't what I want to contribute to.

    That's just me
    Agreed 100%
    "Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gotta love Montreal
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by chowzilla View Post
    I like all thé above for merb. However I do agree with you guys about the ratio of contributors. They should make the review section restricted to a certain # of posts or seniority on the board. Cuz I honestly put effort into my reviews. However the thought of a sleeze ball signing up to merb in 5min then reading my review and ruining my favorite SP's day... Isn't what I want to contribute to.

    That's just me
    Every girls have bad experiences... Either if they have reviews or not, this is out of our/her control. It is not an easy job. But at least with reviews, If they get popular, they can have as much rdv as they want... See it that way

  15. #15
    Didn't feel like starting a new thread....

    What do y'all think about sending "friend request" and so forth?
    I'm not big on Facebook and don't friend my friends on another forum i use..so I wonder if the same sort of net is the purpose of the friending here, or if it is meant to denote a web reconainnancse of like minded cooperative participants, an acknowledgement of good relations on a superficial level, or a deeper more pen pal style web connections.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •