Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entertaining things to do areound Montreal and Quebec

Entertaining things to do areound Montreal and Quebec

Could use a little assistance in finding something to do in the Montreal/Quebec area for a 17 yr old girl. I am stuck out west and it is spring break and I need ideas for my daughter.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Gosh, glad you said daughter.

Maybe this site can help: http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/blo...attractions-1/

Then again it's hard to help you since we don't know what she likes. Is she athletic and/or more geeky? More of a loner or she enjoy stuff in group? Is she gay or straight (there's LGBT related activities)? Tough to help without much info. Good luck.

What does she like to do? And what do you want her to do (or not)? Are you lookjng for sports? Rock concerts?

Montrèal en Lumière - Feb.18 - Mar.5 - http://www.montrealenlumiere.com

Passionate Hetaera
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinX View Post
    Montrèal en Lumière - Feb.18 - Mar.5 - http://www.montrealenlumiere.com
    I walked past this the other day and their outside carnival is AMAZING it looks like a lot of fun quite honestly

Veteran of Misadventures

Festival of Lights

http://www.montrealenlumiere.com/

I personally attended the Festival of Lights last weekend. If you don't mind your daughter zip lining between two buildings about 40 feet over St. Catherine, or riding in an illuminated, large Ferris Wheel, these activities could keep her preoccupied. I observed many youths at the festival. I was surprised by the crowds, given the weather.

I did observe long lines for the zip lining, the Ferris Wheel and the food vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    Could use a little assistance in finding something to do in the Montreal/Quebec area for a 17 yr old girl. I am stuck out west and it is spring break and I need ideas for my daughter.
    Shopping...

Biodome is great

A poor corrupt official
    Espace pour la vie Montreal: biodome, insectarium, planetarium

The Space for Life comprises the Biodôme, Botanical Garden, Insectarium and Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium. The institutions are interdependent, and designed to inspire visitors to adopt a new way of experiencing nature. They are connected by the Grande Place, a space that inspires new ways of coming together, enjoying the site, playing outside, building, interacting and experiencing everyday life.

Space for Life is the largest natural science museum complex in Canada, one of the leading tourist sites in Montréal and all of Quebec and a place with immense potential to impress and thrill visitors through nature, explain nature and encourage behaviour that is respectful of nature.

Montreal's Public Markets

Tripadvisor: things to do in Montreal
    Strasser: By the way, the murder of the couriers, what has been done?
    Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.
    Heinze: We already know who the murderer is.
    Strasser: Good. Is he in custody?
    Renault: Oh, there's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's.

the montreal planetarium has 2 incredible shows at this time of the year in 360 degree view. aurorae, and dark universe the dark side of the cosmos.

http://calendrier.espacepourlavie.ca...orae-en-641463

She is very athletic and loves the outdoors, she just googled sky ventures ( indoor sky diving )
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

She is very athletic and loves the outdoors, she just googled sky ventures ( indoor sky diving )
    If she skis that's always an option.

This place is great but it's pretty costly for the amount of time. If you take a 4 dive forfait it's the amount of time a real free fall last wich is like 1 minute max. But it's worth trying once it's a unique experience.

Illecebrous Quaintrelle
    Montreal & somewhere in your arms in Canada
    ... she just googled sky ventures ( indoor sky diving )
    Tell her she should definitely give it a try. It's an awesome experience!
    If I had more time, I would be there at least once a week

www.skyventuremontreal.com

Veteran of Misadventures
    To me zip lining and sky diving are very similar activities. The only difference is with zip lining you are hanging from a wire in mid air while in sky diving you are hanging from a parachute. Zip lining also has an element of the body moving horizontally at great speed whereas in skydiving your body is moving vertically downward at speed.

They are essentially cousin activities and she should try both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast