Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Veteran of Misadventures

NFL Playoffs

The Redskins won a playoff game with 120 yards of total offense?

Is this a joke?
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 01-07-2006 at 09:27 PM.

It's called defense and Tampa looked like they were throwing the ball into a closet.
    "better to be shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube"

Patriots all the way! Brady is the man!!!

Colts are gonna crumble in front of the New England D!!!

As much as I hate to say it, I like the Giants and the Colts in the Super Bowl. Colts by a double digit margin. Maybe ten, maybe thirty. On a good note for the Giants however, little brother Eli will get to take notes from big brother Peyton on how to throw the ball effectively.

New England fans were patting each other on the back last night but they are crapping their pants right now hoping they don't face Indy next week. They might as well take their beating now, why hope to prolong your misery in false hope.

The Redskins played great D but I completely disagreed with the no catch call which cost the Bucs a TD. The rule they cited contradicts another rule, that being that if you demonstrate clear possesion of the ball, and your feet come down in bounds, the ground can not cause a fumble or an incompletion. If you are in the end zone the play should be immediately called dead because it is a Touchdown as soon as the ball has crossed the goal line and you have demonstrated possesion. Most everyone I saw the game with was shaking their head in disbelief saying the same thing, despite not being Tampa fans. It was bullshit but thats certainly not the first time refs have totally screwed up a call, see the "Tuck" rule incident.
    "I can picture every move that a man could make
    getting lost in her loving is your first mistake

Sometimes I think its a sin
    When I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again"

Watch out Colts

The Patriots are dying to play the Colts next round to avenge their earlier season loss. If I was the Colts I would pray that the Steelers beat the Bengals & hope that the Broncos can beat the Patriots next week.

Veteran of Misadventures
    HA,

I have been calling for a Manning v. Manning Super Bowl from day 1, we'll see what happens today.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    HA,

I have been calling for a Manning v. Manning Super Bowl from day 1, we'll see what happens today.
    We agree!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlman2005
    Patriots all the way! Brady is the man!!!
    It was good to play the Jaguars first and set a few new records. But whoever the Pats plays next, like Belichick said "they beat us pretty handily this year." I think it is this attitude of respecting your opponents and taking them seriously that gives the Pats an edge and increases their odds.

The Pats fell 28-20 at Denver on Oct. 16, and fell to visiting Indianapolis 40-21 on Nov. 7.

The Pats has what it takes to get there again. With a little bit of luck, they will be there three years in a roll!

It is one game at a time, and they have their work cut out for them!
    Last edited by Rex Kramer; 01-08-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Veteran of Misadventures

Colts are team to beat

I have said from day 1, the Colts are not to be denied this year.

Have not seen anything to change that prediction, and have seen much to reinforce it.

Veteran of Misadventures
    I made the prediction at the beginning of the season!

Denver

is my pick to win it all. Everyone is talking about the Colts & the Pats but the Broncos have everything from coaching all the way down to special teams.
    A demander: une cochonne Quebecoise ou Allemande avec qui le sol se derobe sous mes pieds!

and i'm even suprised that the giants made it this far.

go with the faster team and if they're evenly matched, go with the better D
    "better to be shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube"

Man were we wrong EB. Eli laid another huge egg. 3 picks and a strip while barely completing 50% of his passes for around 100 total yards for the most overhyped #1 pick in NFL history. Can't wait for the response from the NY media. Wonder if he'll be getting any new endorsements. Maybe for antacid since he upsets so many Giants fans stomachs. He might as well have played for the other team. Not even the 85-86 Bears could have overcome that dreadful performance. I sure hope for NY's sake he spends the summer with Peyton learning how to be an NFL QB.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Eli is not ready for prime time, but Peyton is.

It was beautiful seeing Eli get taught a lesson today by that Carolina defense! Ha!! Giants my arse! Shouldn't have been in the playoffs to begin with.

Hoping for a Pats / Colts showdown next week where big brother can choke just again, just like little bro did today!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast