Thread: The Montreal ''Matrix''

proud infidel

Question The Montreal ''Matrix''

Hi,

has anyone seen Montreal's new pro basketball team, The Matrix? If so, how was it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustaJohn
    I wasn't even aware that Mtl has ever had a pro basketball team. In which league are they playing? Where are the games being played??
    www.montrealmatrixbasketball.com

I wasn't even aware that Mtl has ever had a pro basketball team. In which league are they playing? Where are the games being played??
    Jerome Williams was associated with the team as part owner I believe. He got out of that mess in november if my memory is correct. The sports news shows here don't even show clips, only the final scores. Sometimes they even don't talk about it. Not enough visibility to be successful. And I don't think there is enough basketball fans here (that would like it other than being an NBA team) to make money. So enjoy while you can.

Are you referring to the JYD (Junkyard Dog)????
    Yep, that's him!

For those who speaks french:
    http://www.rds.ca/basketball/chroniques/193493.html

It's a great game. The ABA has some unique rules that make the game very exciting. It is superior to university ball in Canada. Our Matrix team is made up of several local players that fans can identify with and they can compete with the best.
    Go out and support them. Ticket price is very reasonable at $10.
    See you at the game!!!

Its kinda like the CFL but for basketball!

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by aladin3rd
    It's a great game. The ABA has some unique rules that make the game very exciting. It is superior to university ball in Canada. Our Matrix team is made up of several local players that fans can identify with and they can compete with the best.
    See you at the game!!!
    Thanks for your comments, everyone! I think I just might get off my derrière and head out to the Centre Pierre Charbonneau to watch them play. This coming Friday, the Matrix is hosting Harlem...and NO, it ain't the Globetrotters in case you're wondering
    Last edited by femaleluver2; 01-09-2006 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver2
    Thanks for your comments, everyone! I think I just might get off my derrière and head out to the Centre Pierre Charbonneau to watch them play. This coming Friday, the Matrix is hosting Harlem...and NO, it ain't the Globetrotters in case you're wondering

Where is the Centre Pierre Charbonneau?

Centre Pierre Charbonneau
    3000, rue Viau
    Montréal
    Métro Viau

Quote Originally Posted by aladin3rd
    See you at the game!!!
    What does the ABA stand for? I know it's not the American Bar Association. There used to be the American Basketball Association, but they merged with the NBA.

I know there is or was a CBA, which was the Continental Basketball Association. The ABA had some pretty top talent, ie Dr. J, Connie Hawkins, George McGinnis, etc. But I think the CBA has had only a few guys who made it in the NBA. I think Calvin Murphy was one.

ABA stands for the American Basketball Association

http://www.abalive.com/